Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hammdog - your posts are idiotic. Get over yourself. He doesn't clap the fans due to the abuse he gets and has been advised to walk straight off the pitch.

Rather than harp on about garbage try thinking about why this situation has arisen in the first place. When a young player feels that he cannot approach the fans as he feels he is going to get abused than it says more about some of our supporters than the player himself.

In any case its hardly worth carping on about really but as usual its another stick to beat him with.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

As "idiotic" as some of "Mr Owers" post match interviews?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I don’t normally advocate absusing players, but Reid did play for the greasers....😉😉

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I've never been one to castigate players (Ok, McNeil was an exception all the mobility of an oil tanker and couldn't outjump a skip!). Reid is a professional footballer and actually deserves some credit for turning out every game to face his public. The professional game is littered with examples of players who thrived on crowd reaction, David Beckham being the prime example. He worked harder, stayed training later, practised more and went on to prove what an outstanding footballer he was. I'm not suggesting for one minute that Reid is a Beckham in the making. But how he deals with the abuse will be the measure of his chosen profession. Does anyone know what additional training work our strikers are doing? Right now, I'm in the drop Reid camp. I would love him to go and score a hatrick on Saturday and ram the abuse back down fans throats. Working harder is the only way out of this.
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Dunno who this forevertufc bloke is (dunno who any of you are) but he talks alot of sense.

I am equally frustrated by Reid, but as I reflect, from here in, I'm gonna back the lad. Imagine if he was your son going to work and getting abuse like he does.

We have always had idiots moan, who don't have a clue. I remember the first game at home when Wes Saunders brought in Brian Healey and Mick O'Brien. They made 4 passed to each other and within 30 seconds of that new season people were bellowing "get it forward". Healy suffered a career ending injury and unfortunately for Wes, he struggled thereafter.

Strategy, team and individual tactics are key here, then formation. Formation is a conduit, but not the be all. We have short memories. As matey said, we played 5 at the back with Gibbs and Gurney, it worked so no-one complained. Owers has not got it quite right yet, but if Reid had stuck his chance away then these listings would have been slightly different.

Yes we should be doing better, but constant harassment can't help. And we see all the time that constant changing of managers doesn't help. Let's get behind the lads and at least give them till the end of September.

Give them a chance and if we get a bit frustrated, how about we grow up a bit and take it on the chin. Let's lead our team by example. We bitch about the entire club not doing their jobs. I think it's time we did our. Let's support our team!
Scoutman
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Scoutman »

I've watched Reid in the past playing for Exeter and Truro, Was ok for Exeter playing with full time pros and very good playing for Truro under Tully and Carlisle. Like most players they react better to some managers than others.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

should go now.... doubt that it will happen :@
but you can only hope!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

These teams are no pushovers but seriously, 2 nil at home to Hampton and Richmond?

He is everything I predicted he would be.

Taxi for Owers!!
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I must be one of the lucky ones (never watched a Gary Owers team, except You Tube highlights)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Me too, Mr. Trojan.
Longinthebeak Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Longinthebeak Gull »

I can't help thinking Osborne went in search of a mediocre Manager to match his Torquay ambition. Unfortunately he got someone a lot worse.

Having seen some fine Torquay teams spanning my long and tense support there have always been the lows to keep your feet on the ground. Its just with Owers it is depressing and clueless. My feet seem to be sinking in the quagmire even before the winter rains.

Please please Mr Osborne grasp the nettle and set us on a path that we can cheer and feel the team want success. The long suffering support is waiting but not with much patience remaining. The guys look capable but the bus driver in charge doesn't know how to get them on the bus or which seat to sit them in and then his blank face has no ahead of the destination. From experience it seems if you score more goals than the opposition you win and get points. Did he miss that bit of the basic training?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

TUFC__12 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:23 The players aren’t playing for him simple as that. Wrong formation.. wrong tactics.. wrong manager. It’s simple football really.. it’s not rocket science....... I know I’m only 12 but I know a lot more then you think 🤔
#owersout#wewantowersout
So there you have it - a 12 year olds viewpoint!

Now let;s look at the Roman Abdicator match preview comments:

|"The goals will come. "
"I’ve got my faith still in the players"
"Spirit’s still great"
"with this run now of four home games out of six we can progress up the table."
"we’re not miles away.
"

So for those that saw this afternoons farce- which of the above comments do you believe. If your leaning towards the 12 year old boy then Owers is lying to you and has to do the honorable thing - GO has to GO!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

MellowYellow wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:01 So there you have it - a 12 year olds viewpoint!

Now let;s look at the Roman Abdicator match preview comments:

|"The goals will come. "
"I’ve got my faith still in the players"
"Spirit’s still great"
"with this run now of four home games out of six we can progress up the table."
"we’re not miles away.
"

So for those that saw this afternoons farce- which of the above comments do you believe. If your leaning towards the 12 year old boy then Owers is lying to you and has to do the honorable thing - GO has to GO!
I would say ,The goals will come,mind you he didn't clarify which team would score them!
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Can understand why kuhll upped and left he saw the writing on the wall.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

The problem is that Mr Owers is doing exactly what the owner of our club wants. He is making sure that even the die hard fans are voting with their feet. The fewer fans of the club that there are left, the fewer objectors remain to stand in the way of the owners plans for the death of the club.
Sadly,it really is that simple.
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;