Jake Robinson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I'd feel pretty p*ssed off if a club I was hoping to stay with just basically ignored me, wouldn't you? This is probably even more frustration for Branno.[/quote]

We won't be signing anybody until a manager is in place, which makes sense in my opinion. What if the club were to offer contracts to players that our next manager doesn't want, would be a waste of money and upsets squad.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

monkeyboy wrote:We won't be signing anybody until a manager is in place, which makes sense in my opinion. What if the club were to offer contracts to players that our next manager doesn't want, would be a waste of money and upsets squad.
I've already said this in another thread (or maybe even this one, can't remember). As I said, I think the least we could do is call him and explain that we're waiting on a manager to make his choices. My point is based entirely on one phone call (or lack of).
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

cambgull wrote: Because we've kept him completely in the dark, I'm sure he can figure out the situation himself but the least the club could give him a quick phone call to explain the situation and the plans they have. I'd feel pretty p*ssed off if a club I was hoping to stay with just basically ignored me, wouldn't you? This is probably even more frustration for Branno.
Is this fact? As for him 'hoping to stay with' us, for all we know he might not even be entertaining the idea of coming here anyway. If League 1 clubs are chasing him, he certainly won't have.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
GirlOnATerrace
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by GirlOnATerrace »

A friend of mine gets on well with Jake and apparently they were talking and he said that he spoke to six clubs yesterday about his future. One being Northampton! When he asked him whether Torquay was one he said no and that no-body from the club had got in contact with him as of yet but he wouldn't be sure whether to sign because the "money isn't great down here" He then said I bet Buckles been on the phone to you, which he then said "I cannot confirm anything"

Now, how true this is I do not know but this guy has been spot on with that he says about Jake in the past, but who knows...............
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

loyal_gull wrote:A friend of mine gets on well with Jake and apparently they were talking and he said that he spoke to six clubs yesterday about his future. One being Northampton! When he asked him whether Torquay was one he said no and that no-body from the club had got in contact with him as of yet but he wouldn't be sure whether to sign because the "money isn't great down here" He then said I bet Buckles been on the phone to you, which he then said "I cannot confirm anything"

Now, how true this is I do not know but this guy has been spot on with that he says about Jake in the past, but who knows...............

Northampton Town are way to big for little old Jake Robinson.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

surely he'd be tempted by the prospect of european football tho :whistle:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I see no reason why the club cannot proceed with negotiations for Robinson, Branston et al. Whoever comes in as manager is going to inherit a fair few players anyway, so it is no problem if Robinson and Branston were signed before a new manager came.

It is so frustrating that because nothing is being done until a new manager is appointed, and very little appears to be being done in that respect as well, we are miles behind the rest of the league in signing players and behind other clubs when it even comes to signing our own players.

Just do not get what the board are up to.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think the logical conclusion is that the Club won't be paying the kind of salaries to players that they've been paying to the likes of Branston, Stanley and Robinson.

We'll have to get used to the fact that the Club are going to be keeping playing costs to a minimum for the foreseeable future.

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong but I've been saying it for a while now and nothing has happened to contradict that.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

The club need to save some budget for the new manager to make some signings of his own. The job is less attractive if the incoming manager is told he can't add any players to the current squad. It's why i assume the 'new contract for Stevens' story is a fabrication.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

hector wrote:I see no reason why the club cannot proceed with negotiations for Robinson, Branston et al. Whoever comes in as manager is going to inherit a fair few players anyway, so it is no problem if Robinson and Branston were signed before a new manager came.

It is so frustrating that because nothing is being done until a new manager is appointed, and very little appears to be being done in that respect as well, we are miles behind the rest of the league in signing players and behind other clubs when it even comes to signing our own players.

Just do not get what the board are up to.
Spot on! IMO any manager would be mad not to want Guy Branston down here for another year or two. The board should be sorting this out with GB. It happens at many other clubs so why not bag the pickler for another season ?!?!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Any manager at this level (apart from McIlroy of-course) would surly want Stanley in their team. We need to try and get him at the very least. I know the budget is tight but it would be a big failing not to.
TUST member 328
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

We probably can't afford him. Manse asked him on Twitter earlier if he was 'set up yet'.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Fonda wrote:We probably can't afford him. Manse asked him on Twitter earlier if he was 'set up yet'.

Well thats just DEPRESSING.
TUST member 328
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Richinns wrote:
Well thats just DEPRESSING.
He didn't reply (publically) if that's any consolation.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Fonda wrote: He didn't reply (publically) if that's any consolation.
Very litlle I'm afraid! Have a feeling it could be a very depressing few day!
TUST member 328