Retained List 2022/23

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ITKGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ITKGull »

Deadline is Sunday 22nd apparently. Johnson not giving players much turnaround to make a decision/ room for negotiation.
Sounds like take it or leave it offers.
Did anyone hear Charlie Baker interview Mac's agent on talksport last week? Sounds like they were waiting for an improved offer before considering signing...
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Where did you get that deadline from? Think it’s fairly standard for it to be 28 days. Dave Thomas is saying one month from Sunday’s game. Not saying you are wrong just wondering where that’s come from.

Also do you have a link at all to the interview you mention?
ITKGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ITKGull »

yeovilgull wrote: 17 May 2022, 16:29 Where did you get that deadline from? Think it’s fairly standard for it to be 28 days. Dave Thomas is saying one month from Sunday’s game. Not saying you are wrong just wondering where that’s come from.

Also do you have a link at all to the interview you mention?
https://talksport.com/radio/listen-agai ... 652358600/
From 27:09 on there they talk about Mac.

Heard the 22nd from someone I know inside the club, but could be a date to pressure the players rather than a date set in stone!
GJ won't want to mess around not knowing who he needs to replace
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Would be interesting if the deadline is 22nd as it puts big pressure on players to sign. The playoffs don’t start until the 23rd and the final isn’t until the 5th June. Most of our rivals won’t know what league they will be in what budget they have etc.

Unless the player has a firm offer or an offer from a guaranteed EFL team do they wait to see what happens or take what’s on offer. Sounds like GJ isn’t messing about
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

New contracts must be offered within seven days of the last match of the season and are valid for 28 days.
Therefore the earliest date they could have been offered is 8th May and they would be valid until 5th June.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 17 May 2022, 18:27 New contracts must be offered within seven days of the last match of the season and are valid for 28 days.
Therefore the earliest date they could have been offered is 8th May and they would be valid until 5th June.
I would assume that would just mean that contract renewals must be offered by 22nd May as within seven days would normally mean after a certain date not before, so the 8th wouldn't have been the earliest date as you can offer a contract renewal at any point in the season before that surely?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Had O’Connell not been under contract would Johnson have been offered a deal? We really do need to sign two decent wingers.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I hope that Kinsella isn't one of Gary Johnson's 'marquee' signings. Judging by comments on the Aldershot site, he is more boy scout tent. Yet another injury prone individual who'll spend more time in the treatment room and stand than he will on grass.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

4th most appearances this season with 33 . Doesn't seem like he's always injured to me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well we've lost a goalkeeper but not Macdonald or Halstead - Matt Wonnacott
joins Wigan, hope he does better than Lavercombe
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

desperado wrote: 18 May 2022, 14:06 Well we've lost a goalkeeper but not Macdonald or Halstead - Matt Wonnacott
joins Wigan, hope he does better than Lavercombe
You do wonder why we don't have a punt on these youngsters. I can remember back yonder a young 16-year-old being given his debut in the then old First Division. The game was Leicester v Everton.

He was a goalkeeper and went on to win 125 England caps - his name was Peter Shilton.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Danny Hollands or Brett Pittman anyone 😃
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Nick Potkins wrote: 20 May 2022, 15:59 Danny Hollands or Brett Pittman anyone 😃
It'd be a no from me tbh.....not sure if either move the squad forward. I'd prefer Danny Hollands (to add a bit of experience) to Brett Pitman who I don't think is what we need.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Don't think either would be any good.. maybe 5 years ago
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

I'd probably have a look at the teams of the season for National League South and North and see if there's the odd player capable of stepping up to National League.