Play Offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

kevgull wrote: 29 May 2021, 16:55 Better season than last however the playoffs will be a complete
lottery.

Just because we finished 2nd in the league will have no bearing on the Playoff game(s).
COYY!!
It does as we're at home.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Now we have a 2 week break until our ‘semi final’ it would be nice if we were given an update regarding injuries etc. just to help us through the coming days, although I very much doubt we will hear a thing but….
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

After yesterday’s performance I am feeling less convinced we will even win the semi final! We have lost the killer instinct. Suspect we will slide out of the playoffs unceremoniously with our tails between our legs. If this happens, Johnson will go, the team broken up with some sold off and more wretched years of decline. I really hope I am proved wrong!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

DWB wrote: 30 May 2021, 06:26 Now we have a 2 week break until our ‘semi final’ it would be nice if we were given an update regarding injuries etc. just to help us through the coming days, although I very much doubt we will hear a thing but….
I can update you now.......no one will be coming back! Wright is out and will not figure, Boden and Whitfield the same. We really are struggling to raise a side and the bench gets weaker every week with Gary unable to name a full compliment. Very sad after a superb first half of the season. Why we did not buy a goalscorer in January, I will never know. It would have made all the difference.
I hope that we can somehow win the two matches but it is asking a lot.
We have overachied from my pre season prediction, at the start I thought we may scrape into the playoffs.
COYY.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think its fairly obvious that the likes of Wright and Whitfield probably won't figure.

Its unlikely that any of the injured players would make much of a difference in any case as they have been out for so long. Don't see how yesterdays meaningless friendly has much to do with anything
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Whichever team we face, chances are a former TUFC player will feature for the opposition. I would not be surprised if either of them scored against us. It is what's known as Sod's Law. ;-)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

North Curry House wrote: 30 May 2021, 09:22 I can update you now.......no one will be coming back! Wright is out and will not figure, Boden and Whitfield the same. We really are struggling to raise a side and the bench gets weaker every week with Gary unable to name a full compliment. Very sad after a superb first half of the season. Why we did not buy a goalscorer in January, I will never know. It would have made all the difference.
I hope that we can somehow win the two matches but it is asking a lot.
We have overachied from my pre season prediction, at the start I thought we may scrape into the playoffs.
COYY.
How do you know that? Have a you a special line to the club?
simjones1980
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simjones1980 »

What’s happened to Whitfield since the Stockport game?? Came on and played a good 20 minutes and now injured again??
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 30 May 2021, 12:34 How do you know that? Have a you a special line to the club?
Yes, and if you wait and see, you will realise what I say is correct.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whifield hardly looked fit when he came on against Stockport. He's apparently tweaked the same injury again so its unlikely he is going to feature.

Wright hasn't featured so hardly likely he's going to magically reappear. The non appearance of Boden yesterday obviously means that he has a problem as well.

Doesn't actually mean you have to claim to have a hot line to the club when you can work out what is happening for yourself.

Lets hope Kimpioka doesn't get crocked playing for Sweden u21's.

As you are "in the know" what is Bodens specific injury then?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

On the subject of Boden suppose Chesterfield beat Notts County then Chesterfield would not allow Boden to play against them.

Could Chesterfield play Boden against us???

I ask the question because I wonder on what date officially Bodens loan comes to an end. Is it June 30th or is it May 31st as all League Fixtures have been completed except of course the Play Off games.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

well pray Benji comes through okay!

i think it was reported that we are playing a friendly next weekend which would be a good indicator of who is available
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Wolborough wrote: 30 May 2021, 08:05 After yesterday’s performance I am feeling less convinced we will even win the semi final! We have lost the killer instinct. Suspect we will slide out of the playoffs unceremoniously with our tails between our legs. If this happens, Johnson will go, the team broken up with some sold off and more wretched years of decline. I really hope I am proved wrong!
Jesus, thanks for sharing such a depressing vision!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Wow, so much negatively concerning our promotion prospects. You would think that we have already lost the play off semi final. For goodness sake people, we have two weeks before we play again. A lot can happen in this time. I haven't been this excited about the end of the season since the Paul Buckle era. I for one have every confidence that we have a fantastic opportunity to reach the promised land.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

dawlishmatt wrote: 30 May 2021, 17:56 Wow, so much negatively concerning our promotion prospects. You would think that we have already lost the play off semi final. For goodness sake people, we have two weeks before we play again. A lot can happen in this time. I haven't been this excited about the end of the season since the Paul Buckle era. I for one have every confidence that we have a fantastic opportunity to reach the promised land.
:goodpost:

And its precisly why we need 1500 or whatever attendance is allowed to support the team on June 12th non stop until the end, we have to make that fact we are at home count!