Nicky Wroe likely to STAY!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wodger-of-Awabia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebroski

Post by wodger-of-Awabia »

I can't see him playing for Torquay again under P.B. [see Woods, Sills, Hargreaves]. Buckle for whatever reason has placed him on the transfer list & want's to see him off to another club. No doubt N.W. wants 1st. team football so it's in everyones best interest to loan him out to any interested parties for the rest of the season. If he does well at his new club they may pay a small fee to sign him.
Zebroski For Poland..........I am Brian!,& so is my wife!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

SouthamptonGull wrote:

On the money yet again, Jeff.

He's definitely better than a BSP player when playing well, and with his personal life happier, I'm sure he'll start to play to his full potential again.

Not sure why people are dismissing Pope so soon, Dario Gradi liked him enough to play him plenty of times and only let him go for a large fee for this level. If we could get Pope then that would represent good business as far as I'm concerned.
I think Pope is one of those players who had one good season, then got hamstrung with a whopping price tag. Just reading a Rotherham messageboard, which opens with "Pope is s**t", which is nice and informative.

From what I remember he is a lanky sort of lad, obviously did well enough at Crewe for silly money to be thrown around, but he doesn't truly represent a recognised goalscorer and would be something of a risk. Andy Bishop on the other hand (if there is any truth in that rumour on TFF) would be a more proven quantity. If it is Tom Pope that we are after, we'd be relying on Buckle unearthing that diamond in the rough.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Bishop "rumour" only started due to a few posters on there using religious words to describe Pope. Someone mistakenly came up with Bishop, but he isn't a realistic target.

I never consider the views of fans using words such as "shit", hardly constructive or informative as to his ability. I prefer to see how a player would fit in with our own before passing judgement.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
GreenwichGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by GreenwichGull »

forevertufc wrote: Sorry dont quite know how i have done this,just wanted to add to my reply,that it does say on Tom Pope's wiki page Rotherham are consdiering a transfer offer for Tom Pope from Tufc.
If you check out the revision history of his Wikipedia page, it's been vandalised quite a bit over the last few months, so very unlikely if you ask me. Plus we have quite a few strikers already...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

GreenwichGull wrote: If you check out the revision history of his Wikipedia page, it's been vandalised quite a bit over the last few months, so very unlikely if you ask me. Plus we have quite a few strikers already...
I am not 100% trusting of wikipedia,which once listed Tim Sills as a 6ft 6 in striker,just thought it intresting.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

wodger-of-Awabia wrote:I can't see him playing for Torquay again under P.B. [see Woods, Sills, Hargreaves]. Buckle for whatever reason has placed him on the transfer list & want's to see him off to another club.
Wodge - it seems pretty well covered that NW turned down a new contract. Is it in the interest of the club that he stays till summer and leaves for free? or should we try and get a fee for him in the January window?
Last edited by Fletch on 12 Oct 2010, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy Reid from Newport with the money
wodger-of-Awabia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebroski

Post by wodger-of-Awabia »

Fletch wrote: Wodge - it seems pretty well covered that NW turned down a new contract. Is it in the interest of the club the he stays till summer and leaves for free, or should we try and get a fee for him in the January window?
Yes, but he may have been offered a new contract on less money due to present lack of funds. Tqy. could have tried to tempt him with less money, but security. He appears to have rejected the new contract so it would seem that it is not as good as his existing one.
Of course the club will try to get a fee for him now, but I doubt that northern clubs will want to pay for him when they can get him for free at the end of the season. In any case they will know that he wants to go north,& taking him on loan will be favorite as Tqy. will be keen to save his wages, & maybe use them to pay a new striker.
Zebroski For Poland..........I am Brian!,& so is my wife!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, I wonder if there is anything a club in our position can do?

Is there anything stopping NW from refusing to sign a contract here and clubs in the division waiting till the summer to sign him for free? Given that he is over 24 (or whatever the rule is) I guess there is nothing TUFC could do in this situation?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

A loan is mostly likely and best that all parties could agree on. Tufc need the money(wages or loan transfer fee), Wroe wants to go and the buying club doesnt want to pay a large fee.
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

So Mr Wroe has done the same to us as he's done to York - They say a leopard never changes his spots!

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na **** off Nicky Wroe, Nicky Wroe, **** off Nicky Wroe!

:evil:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Chow Mein wrote:So Mr Wroe has done the same to us as he's done to York - They say a leopard never changes his spots!

You really are the biggest tool going mate. I bet you are one of those boo boy to$$ers on the popside that do nothing other then damage the club.

Regardless of the final outcome of all of this I would like to thank Nicky Wroe for the (big) part he played in regaining our league status.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Chow Mein wrote:So Mr Wroe has done the same to us as he's done to York - They say a leopard never changes his spots!

Totally wrong I'm afraid.

It's clear from the statement put out by Paul Buckle on the Official Site that it is in the main the clubs decision to bring this move (transfer listing of Nicky Wroe) forward - in order to free up some wages in the budget so that we can strengthen other areas of the team i.e to bring in a striker!

The facts are that Nicky Wroe could easily see out his contract with us, wait until the summer, and then as a "free agent" negotiate the best possible deal for himself. By agreeing this course of action with Bucks, the club is ensuring that they do get some sort of fee for NW rather than let him leave for nothing in the summer.

It may well be that NW wants to be nearer "home" and at 24 he has also got to think of what is the right career move for him and his partner.

He has served us well in the time he has been here and certainly played a huge part in getting us out of the BSP. I just hope that he moves on quickly now and doesn't have to suffer the "moronic element" on the popside who will no doubt be ready to turn on him should he misplace a pass on Saturday!

Personally I wish him all the best and would like to thank him for his contribution over the last two and a half years.

As for his destination, well it seems Rotherham Manager Ronnie Moore is looking for a playmaker ....

http://www.thestar.co.uk/millers/Moore- ... 6576233.jp
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Rotherham? Isn't that who Tom Pope plays for? How convenient...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Fonda wrote:Rotherham? Isn't that who Tom Pope plays for? How convenient...
Funny that. And that would be Rotherham very close to Wroe's old stamping ground of Barnsley. Who'd have thought it........?