Billericay v Torquay United 9/3/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Teigngull wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 08:03 I know, it was meant to be a taken as a tongue in cheek comment, my sense of humour is obviously passing you by.
Sorry for that.
I've heard it all now, a Torquay fan with a sense of humour?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Nobody can justifiably doubt Gary Johnson or the team now. Yesterday was the sort of fixture where boys needed to become men and didn't they just.
musicgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by musicgull »

First visit to Billericay. Good stadium for non league, apart from the sloping pitch. Staff and stewards friendly. On the pitch, a different matter. O'Hara (no. 4), ex Premier League, was very dominant and rather nasty in his tackles.With a good ref, he would have been off after kicking a player (can't remember who) on the ground after a nasty challenge which should have been a yellow.
I thought Hall had an excellent captain's game. Right in the middle of it, talking to the ref, throughout the game, especially when Tricky Ricay lost the plot towards the end. Very poor losers.
Excellent win, excellent all-round performance.
Onwards and UPWARDS
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

gateman49 wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 08:40
I've heard it all now, a Torquay fan with a sense of humour?

By definition, a Torquay fan MUST have a sense of humour!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 08:50 [highlight=yellow]Nobody can justifiably doubt Gary Johnson or the team now.[/highlight] Yesterday was the sort of fixture where boys needed to become men and didn't they just.
.....Apart from Torquay4eva of course.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Sounds like Kalala inspired our improvement in the last 20 minutes. Think that's a good tactic especially away from home . Let's credit Keating though for working hard and tiring them with his play down the right flank so that Kalala can come on and do his stuff. And Dickson too seems to have been influential on the left. Great to see that clean sheet.