Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8556060

Seems we are waiting for this young keeper from Portsmouth. First thoughts are surely there is a keeper unattached with experience in such a vital position we should be going for?

Pompey get an injury and recall him and we have a problem. Appreciate Owers said he would be after two keepers but surely any decent keeper out there will want to fairly assured of being first choice and Pompey will expect this chap to play.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

It might that any loan agreement would state he cannot be recalled until after the actual loan period
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

IF this was to be our number 1 next season, why are we only asking for a 6 month loan deal? Surely we should be looking at a season long loan. Otherwise come January, he might go back to Portsmouth and not want to step foot in torquay again.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

We need consistency for the whole season not losing such an important team player after 6 months. Hopefully there will be two keepers signed soon?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Cruisinho wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 18:27 IF this was to be our number 1 next season, why are we only asking for a 6 month loan deal? Surely we should be looking at a season long loan. Otherwise come January, he might go back to Portsmouth and not want to step foot in torquay again.
Last month Owers confirmed that the goalkeeping position is one of his priorities, stating “I have plenty of options for goalkeepers and I need two, not just one,”.

So will he be our No 1 or 2 goalie? one has to take into account that the purpose of any loan by Pompey is to give him 1st team football - so one would assume a loan deal will have a caveat spelling out x-amount of 1st team football over the 6 month period. I have not seen him play, so can only comment that I will be a tad disappointed that we have taken a loanee route for such a crucial position, if he is to be our No1.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

That’s my concern too, appreciate Clarke didn’t work out but I like to see an experienced keeper as the preferred choice with a decent youngster like this pushing him.

If this is the plan then great but I don’t quite understand why Pompey would loan him out to be our sub keeper.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Seems like our manager has been angling for a keeper. He seems to have been fishing and has caught a bass. Could be that Mr Owers has made a fine catch. Well done to him.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Not the only one who enjoys a spot of fishing is he brucie!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Only providing there is a tasty morsel on the other end of course.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Never seen it spelt that way before.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

brucie wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 11:05 Seems like our manager has been angling for a keeper. He seems to have been fishing and has caught a bass. Could be that Mr Owers has made a fine catch. Well done to him.
Trouble is Brucie your not allowed to keep Bass this year, catch and release , Owers cant fish either :)
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

SBP wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 19:32 Trouble is Brucie your not allowed to keep Bass this year, catch and release , Owers cant fish either :)
Maybe he can’t but he can certainly flounder !!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 22:27
Maybe he can’t but he can certainly flounder !!
'Bass' is not 'Brill' but he's no 'Minnow' either.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Surely there is no 'Plaice', for Owers at Torquay.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Pollocks !!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com