Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Jeff wrote:Excellent. Another "I told you so" post.

Well f***ing done. What do you want, a medal?
You can say that but it's true.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

nickbrod wrote: You can say that but it's true.
Absolutely! .... and as Sesimbra has watched TUFC since they were playing in black and white in the 1950's, he has plenty of experience and knowledge to base his comments on.
Groucho
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Groucho »

Sesimbra wrote: My post when Nicholson was appointed manager
What do you want when there is no money in the pot. How much do you think Nicholson is on ? They are working for peanuts.

And with regard to the side there is only so much you can do. They were left with a pile of s**t and you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

Are you saying, Groucho, that Nicholson was appointed because he was the cheapest? If so then that makes the decision even more deplorable given the circumstances of the Club which cried out for a manager with at least some experience.
There wasn't exactly a dearth of applications all of whom must have been aware of the Club's financial plight.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

we are paying conference south wages to full time players so we are only going to get average players , these players are on part time wages , unless we get some money into the club very soon we are going down. it may sound negative and i apologise for that but can we really expect this lot to keep us up !
Groucho
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Groucho »

Sesimbra wrote:Are you saying, Groucho, that Nicholson was appointed because he was the cheapest? If so then that makes the decision even more deplorable given the circumstances of the Club which cried out for a manager with at least some experience.
There wasn't exactly a dearth of applications all of whom must have been aware of the Club's financial plight.
Exactly that. Probably not the only factor but the overriding one.

Experience means nothing when you don't have the players or the money to bring in decent ones. How many "experienced" managers have lost their jobs and they have had money to spend. Add to that a lack of training facilities again which can help to entice players and an offer of wages akin to being on the dole and who do you expect to apply ?
Yellow74
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow74 »

Every week I hope for something to click and a performance to happen, unfortunately I've come to the conclusion that this is not going to happen and unless a miracle happens the club really is doomed. Unfortunately we are not a club that will come back from the abyss. We will be no more, so if there is some one out there who has the finance please do not wait any longer as relegation really will be the end.

Whilst I commend the current board for stepping up to the plate they are not the people to save us this season, we need to beg, borrow and steal from any person / club that can help us get out of this mess. Relegation = The end, simple!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

All this talk of doom pisses me off. Since the new board took over they've had to deal with so many issues beyond their control. The balance sheet will show nothing like the losses incurred by the previous regime, cuts that have been made have made the club a more attractive proposition for potential investors and that's why the leeches surrounding Cox had their knickers in a twist on here predicting doom and gloom. The Board would be the first to admit their shortcomings but they've done what had to be done and while it's left the playing side hamstrung there really was no option to put more money into the budget.

What we need to do is stick by the club no matter how much we're hurting and help them reach the end of the season. I'm sure they're in discussions with investors and our fortunes could change before the doom mongers get their wish. Fans need to know just how much crap the board have had to deal with.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I totally agree Dave SG. Hope Steve Breed doesn't mind me posting this, but I saw first hand just how much he was hurting after the game yesterday, my message to Steve and Dave Phillips is take the gloves and fight, in fact I urge you both now to stop being so nice, in keeping things under wraps, come out Steve Breed and Dave Phillips, and tell your side of the story.

Is everything we read in the Herald Express true ? has the club left the training ground as it stands today ? I would suggest the answer to both is no, although the club may well have no choice but to leave the training ground at some point.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Brian Pillock surprised me with his statement full of boll**ks, we have the option to move back, we just don't have to pay for something we won't be able to use for 6 months.
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

But it isn't really any consolation to know that Steve Breed is "hurting" after every week when we have lost again. The answer is get a better defence on the pitch and then we won't have lost before the game starts.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote:Brian Pillock surprised me with his statement full of boll**ks, we have the option to move back, we just don't have to pay for something we won't be able to use for 6 months.
Since you know so much how come the current Board can't seem to let the rest of us in on this knowledge?
All us simple supporters want is communication. We pay our season tickets, turn up for every home game and go home feeling pretty rotten. When did I last drive home with a smile on my face?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

brucie wrote:But it isn't really any consolation to know that Steve Breed is "hurting" after every week when we have lost again. The answer is get a better defence on the pitch and then we won't have lost before the game starts.

It's a darned sight better than having someone who just wants a free ride every week. The simple facts are that the money to do what everyone can see is needed simply isn't there right now. I would far rather see my team struggling every week knowing we're fulfilling our commitments than see us sign players we can't afford and end up going bust.

You aren't wrong in identifying areas the team could be improved upon, funding that just isn't possible so the manager works with what he has. It isn't nice for anyone who supports the club right now but these guys came in and have done their best to turn around the tide of debt we were totting up while keeping the club solvent. I'm sure they are busy looking at ways of securing investment but current finances make improving the team impossible without players leaving, Every fan has a choice to give up or to soldier on to keep the club going.
Dave

IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Paul Cox is about to be named Barrow's new manager tomorrow.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I think with all of these questions everyone has maybe another mid season fans forum around December time?