Retained list out!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Apart from the welcome Luke Young news it does not seem that this is going particularly well....... :-/
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I trust Nicholson completely to spend what he has wisely, it's just a shame the new owners couldn't provide him with a bigger budget.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:I trust Nicholson completely to spend what he has wisely, it's just a shame the new owners couldn't provide him with a bigger budget.
Not questioning Nicho - more the fact keeping on those who played a vital part in the great escape (and the ones we really want to stay) is looking less and less likely as the days go by. It would seem the budget simply cannot meet the costs needed to provide this.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We're not going to compete with clubs financially, so if a player gets a better offer they're likely to be off. This is normal for us, but is even worse than usual because we have no room to work with at all.

Let's hope that most of the remaining players are just seeing what else is out there, as any sensible player should, before commiting to us. The ones that do have other offers will likely go, but hopefully this is limited to just a few.

I would expect Berry, Richards, Harrad to sign up, as long as the money isn't too appalling.
Butler, MacDonald and Blissett will get offers elsewhere I think. Ajala somewhere in between. I think those are the final 7 we're waiting on?

I am sure Nicho will have his eye on a few arrivals too.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

From this article in the Herald: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

It looks as if it could be a busy week or so:

(1) The current players have until June 2 to agree or not;
(2) GI has until the end of the month on its exclusivity agreement;
(3) Nicho is closing in on other targets; and
(4) Season tickets sales are going well (over 600 sold) so the club may extend the offer. I would think that this is wise as I assume that there are a number of people waiting on (2) before they commit to buying one.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

This season hasn't even technically finished yet, and players will have been away on holiday as the article reports. A couple of sides in the division (Wrexham and Gateshead) seem to have done a lot of business already but that is very early. There is no cause for concern yet
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote: Not questioning Nicho - more the fact keeping on those who played a vital part in the great escape (and the ones we really want to stay) is looking less and less likely as the days go by. It would seem the budget simply cannot meet the costs needed to provide this.
I wasn't aiming anything at you Rich. I think with a reasonable budget Nicholson could build a decent team going by his signings so far along with the return of Luke Young.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Regarding Northlondongull's post above, GI do not have to complete by 'the end of the month' as, according to the HE, Mr Phillips says that the period of exclusivity still has a 'couple of months' to run!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

That article also mentions a replacement for Steve Breed after he was made redundant. Well people aren't made redundant, positions are - as such we are not going to see a replacement for Steve Breed. Not for six months at least (the minimum (I think) allowed by law).
The HE really has turned in to a pointless rag.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We've got to ask ourselves a question here. Was Steve Breed actually, officially made redundant ? I have not seen anything that officially confirms that he was.

If it is the case and he was made redundant, as long as the job title and description are different can't see a problem. I'm going through this process right now, the company I work for has axed the shift I'm on, and made our job roles redundant, they have however created new jobs for us all, lower paid and different hours of working times, which we now have to apply for if we wish to.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote:We're not going to compete with clubs financially, so if a player gets a better offer they're likely to be off. This is normal for us, but is even worse than usual because we have no room to work with at all.

Let's hope that most of the remaining players are just seeing what else is out there, as any sensible player should, before commiting to us. The ones that do have other offers will likely go, but hopefully this is limited to just a few.

I would expect Berry, Richards, Harrad to sign up, as long as the money isn't too appalling.
Butler, MacDonald and Blissett will get offers elsewhere I think. Ajala somewhere in between. I think those are the final 7 we're waiting on?

I am sure Nicho will have his eye on a few arrivals too.
We also have to take into account the sticky fingers of players' agents who will be pushing for the most lucrative contracts for their clients. After all, that's how they earn a living.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

This is what they said in the article about KN signing the new contract
CEO Stephen Breed has left the club after the position of chief executive was made redundant due to restructuring.
Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... Z2LJJ2q.99
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Magpiegull wrote:Regarding Northlondongull's post above, GI do not have to complete by 'the end of the month' as, according to the HE, Mr Phillips says that the period of exclusivity still has a 'couple of months' to run!
I think that may be an error in the article.

“He would not go into detail, but it is also clear that GI's 'exclusivity agreement' still has a couple of months to run – they do not have to complete their takeover by the end of May”

I assume that a couple of “months to run” is meant to read “weeks to run” otherwise the part about the end of May would not make sense. I would also be very surprised and shocked if the current owners granted an exclusivity period until the end of July; that would take us right up to the start of next season with the club stuck in uncertainty.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

northlondongull wrote: I think that may be an error in the article.

“He would not go into detail, but it is also clear that GI's 'exclusivity agreement' still has a couple of months to run – they do not have to complete their takeover by the end of May”

I assume that a couple of “months to run” is meant to read “weeks to run” otherwise the part about the end of May would not make sense. I would also be very surprised and shocked if the current owners granted an exclusivity period until the end of July; that would take us right up to the start of next season with the club stuck in uncertainty.
Why have we assumed the exclusivity deal runs out on 30th may?. Because the article certainly suggests it goes on until July. What I mean was 30th may originally stated by the board and have they now extended it? At one point Philips stated he hoped the deal would be done before the end of the season. I wonder if the yellowfest balls up has given GI cold feet.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: Why have we assumed the exclusivity deal runs out on 30th may?. Because the article certainly suggests it goes on until July. What I mean was 30th may originally stated by the board and have they now extended it? At one point Philips stated he hoped the deal would be done before the end of the season. I wonder if the yellowfest balls up has given GI cold feet.
I would be surprised if it hadn't. If they don't think there is an appetite for this type of event in Torbay then that is one of their revenue streams gone.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084