How many of you are actual fans?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

TufcHills wrote:Matt your quite rude on this forum towards fellow supporters sometimes

Doesnt mean hes wrong.......... :clap:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm a ST holder, I miss precious few away games, I go to women's games, youth games, U21 games and reserve games home and away. I work a few hours here and there for the club and I actively promote the club wherever I go.

Does my level of support mean I'm allowed to say we were sh*t for the last hour of the match today?

Matt.
You can in my book.

You pay your money, you're free to criticise.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

If I'm honest, this forum has been a dreary, negative and somewhat spiteful place to be over the last few months.

If it's not the manager or the team coming under severe criticism, its also fellow posters on here.

Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions, thoughts and ideas, but some of the posts on here leave a lot to be desired and don't even provide a balanced view or give any suggestions for improvement.

Remember that the wider TUFC family, (manager, players, players families, TUFC staff), fans of other teams and the wider web community read our forum. Imagine what these people are thinking about our fan base and of the club itself, not to mention how the players feel after reading some comments.

Yes we played crap yesterday. The players know they played crap yesterday. However, they can do without reading some of the spiteful and negative comments written by some on here.

What did we, the fans do to help motivate the team? I know, the square root of fu(k all. Yet again, Plainmoor was silent, except for the moans and groans whenever there was a misplaced pass or an attack that got broken down. Where was the positive motivation for the team?

We can't critique the players when we, the fans didn't do anything to motivate or play our part during the game either.

The players need us supporters even more when we're going through a tough patch. We should be that extra man, providing the positive motivation both on and off the pitch and making Plainmoor a fortress. Making Plainmoor an intimidating place for the opposition to play and watch football. We all need to come together and support, (isn't that what supporters do) and hopefully, things will start to turn around sooner rather than later.

Yes we are in a relegation battle right now, but there's another 30 odd league games to go. There is plenty of time and points up for grabs to turn this around. The team can do it, we can do it, but we won't succeed if we don't all pull together - fans and players alike.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Well said oil beef,I agree 100%.Although I am worried that we need a couple of players and don't have the money the crowd could make a big difference .
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hector, we've done this to death recently. You need to get out of your armchair and to a game to appreciate that they're is more to a match than the full time score. Looking at the table tells you bugger all about 'par for the course' in any meaningful sense.

Hills, lovely, a change of personnel, if only we'd thought of that before. I'll just send Candy down to Aladdin's cave to pick up some gold coins.

Whoever said we're better off financially now than we were in 03/04, you should stop smoking now, you're stoned enough.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Can we please stop with all this talk of a relegation battle. It's early October, there is no relegation battle for at least about 5 months. We could still get over 110 points yet. Meaningless to start talking about that sort of thing until April.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

ferrarilover wrote:Can we please stop with all this talk of a relegation battle. It's early October, there is no relegation battle for at least about 5 months. We could still get over 110 points yet. Meaningless to start talking about that sort of thing until April.

Matt.
I see your point Matt, however, I like to think that any team starts every campaign with 2 battles. One for promotion and one to avoid relegation. Teams that want promotion don't start in April and it will be the same for teams at the other end of the table - these battles start right from the first game.

Ask Accrington and Northampton if they see themselves in a relegation battle and I'm sure the answer will be yes.

As I said in my above post, there are over 30 games to go and plenty of points up for grabs. We can turn this around, I'm sure we can, but to do so we all need to stick together.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

hector wrote:Simply, Alan Knill = relegation battle. Ask fans of scunthorpe if they would take him back!
Perhaps you could ask the Cambridge fans if they want Ling back at the same time?

Scunthorpe are at about their right level in the grand scheme of things, going between L1 and 2. I would be astounded if any manager could have kept them in the Championship. Worth noting that after he left last season they were at one stage clear of the relegation slots, a shocking March and April is what did for them last season. Im sure that wont stop you slagging him off for that as well.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Hector, we've done this to death recently. You need to get out of your armchair and to a game to appreciate that they're is more to a match than the full time score. Looking at the table tells you bugger all about 'par for the course' in any meaningful sense.

Hills, lovely, a change of personnel, if only we'd thought of that before. I'll just send Candy down to Aladdin's cave to pick up some gold coins.

Whoever said we're better off financially now than we were in 03/04, you should stop smoking now, you're stoned enough.

Matt.
I'm a season ticket holder. I have been for almost 20 years. I've been to every home game.

In your mad world where results don't reflect a game, you now seem to be suggesting that a league table doesn't reflect 'par for the course'. Just what does it show then? I guess Accrington are just unlucky!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Sunnysideup wrote: Perhaps you could ask the Cambridge fans if they want Ling back at the same time?

scunthorpe are at about their right level in the grand scheme of things, going between L1 and 2. I would be astounded if any manager could have kept them in the Championship. Worth noting that after he left last season they were at one stage clear of the relegation slots, a shocking March and April is what did for them last season. Im sure that wont stop you slagging him off for that as well.
Who mentioned Ling? What has he got to do with it?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

hector wrote: Who mentioned Ling? What has he got to do with it?
The Cambridge fans never liked ling because he never got them promoted but while he was there they were never going to be relegated either unlike knill at his previous clubs.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

hector wrote:Simply, Alan Knill = relegation battle. Ask fans of scunthorpe if they would take him back!
You can ask pretty much any clubs fans if they were happy with a manager that has been sacked and the majority will say "glad to see him go".
Trying to use the opinion of Scunthorpe fans to prove if Knill is a capable manager at this level is pointless, as the Cambridge fans opinion of Ling is the same as that of the Scunny fans to Knill so it proves nothing (and for that matter, the Brentford fans opinion of Leroy if you go back further).
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

now that we have everyones opinions on the subject , CAN WE JUST MAKE SOME FECKING NOISE AT THE NEXT HOME GAME!!!!, IT CANT DO ANY HARM CAN IT. JUST OPEN YOUR MOUTHS AND SING. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

:goodpost:

Hoo bloody ray !!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:now that we have everyones opinions on the subject , CAN WE JUST MAKE SOME FECKING NOISE AT THE NEXT HOME GAME!!!!, IT CANT DO ANY HARM CAN IT. JUST OPEN YOUR MOUTHS AND SING. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
:goodpost: :goodpost: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

NUFF SED!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843