Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

no

next.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whatever your opinions on the merits of Zebroski using quite ridiculous comparisons in support of your views is just plain daft.
Unless you know the named players exact personal circumstances (which I take it you don't anymore than I do) then what you are saying has absolutely no point at all.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I would have Cureton in an instant, and I'd have him over Benyon any day. I don't think he's a replacement for Howe by any means, but if the choice was between Benyon and Cureton and the money was similar, I'd take 21 goals over 15.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Cureton over Benyon - no thanks. He scores goals for Exeter but doesn't score them for anyone else.
He is 37 and can't run. Past his sell by date.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Agree with brucie, my City mate doesn't want them to re-sign him, thinks he's finished and did nothing in the latter part of the season.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

That's fine, I'll take 20 goals before Christmas. Him and Howe could propel us up to top spot and then we'll get some more goalscorers in January!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Whatever your opinions on the merits of Zebroski using quite ridiculous comparisons in support of your views is just plain daft.
Unless you know the named players exact personal circumstances (which I take it you don't anymore than I do) then what you are saying has absolutely no point at all.
I'm using an extreme example to show you how silly it is that you don't care about him getting sacked from his last job because that job wasn't with TUFC.
We all know his personal circumstances, he's one stupid incident away from 12 months in jail.
Conversely, there are a dozen players of equal or greater ability available to us who are not in this position. Why the fixation with Zebro[w]ski?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Akinfenwa's left Northampton. *whistles*
TUST member 203
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

divingbboy wrote:Akinfenwa's left Northampton. *whistles*
good replacement for rene!!!!!
The gulls are going up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bayo, no thanks to big can't run. Jake Robinson as a replacement for Jarvis, yes please.
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

No thanks!! his time came and went. Don't think the freezer would do anything for us.
Oblivion!!!!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Benyon and Bayo up front. Billy and Jake on the wings. Manse and a strong centre mid in the engine room. Yes please!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, ok, I'd sign Robinson. You can keep chunky boom boom, doesn't do a lot for me. Although it is interesting to note that Fat Boy played, maybe, half a season and got the same number of goals as Rene and has been released. Rene played every minute for which he was available and we are desperate to hang on to him. A question of ambition? Relative ability? Opinion? Something else?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah, ok, I'd sign Robinson. You can keep chunky boom boom, doesn't do a lot for me. Although it is interesting to note that Fat Boy played, maybe, half a season and got the same number of goals as Rene and has been released. Rene played every minute for which he was available and we are desperate to hang on to him. A question of ambition? Relative ability? Opinion? Something else?

Matt.

Don't go there Matt, we'll get more pro-Rene vibes and more vitriol from those who want to have sex with him on here. I'd sign Robinson too but would also be looking for a target man who can offer goals with his nut rather than having to rely on an infrequent but impromptu bit of skill to get a goal or a penalty.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bayo, i'm not sure. I wouldn't be gutted if he joined us but i wouldn't be over the moon either. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt probably.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.