Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I'll go for undisclosed, but when it's leaked we're all disappointed.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

So, just to clarify, PNE seem to be interested in Robbo, and NOT Ellis as was suggested on their forum?

Is Ellis out of contract at the end of the season too or not?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

NickGull wrote:So, just to clarify, PNE seem to be interested in Robbo, and NOT Ellis as was suggested on their forum?

Ellis is out of contract aswell but would require a fee as he is under 23. Robbo is over 23 and can leave for free at the end of the season. So selling Robbo now and getting some money for him would make sense than just letting him go for nowt at the end of the season.

Hopefully we can hold out and keep both but that sounds unlikely sadly.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

NickGull wrote:So, just to clarify, PNE seem to be interested in Robbo, and NOT Ellis as was suggested on their forum?

I was going to say, surely we can't rule out that someone at Preston has got their wires crossed, and having heard they are after a Torquay defender naturally got on their " prestigous old big club" high horse and immediately thought it was the in-form one of the pairing?

Furthermore, something in the back of my mind links Robbo and Westley. I'm sure he was massively over-compliamentary about him in a season preview or something. Perhaps, knowing him from the BSP and L2 and knowing that we'd be after some decent wedge for Ellis he's gone for the cheaper option.

Whatever, I guess the positive spin is that even if Robbo/Notts Country and Ellis/PNE are both true, they won't both go. It would be beyond mental to sell both your in form centre halves at the same time unless the receivers were trying to break the doors down, and as far as I know we're not that hard-up.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Aussie, the person the information come from is a big member of the club and well respected and known. All i got told was that he was going to Preston tomorrow. Im for one hopes the deal doesnt go through as i dont want to see our team broken up. Because the information came from that certain person i just cant see it just being a rumor.

If i remember rightly Stevenage were intrested in Robbo in the summer. Nothing came of that, So Westley now going to Preston it doesnt suprise me hes intrested. In Robbos situation, i dont think anyone would blame the lad for going to talk to them and moving up there. Far bigger club than us.

As a fan of the football club just like everyone else, i wanted to share the information as i could sit here and have said nothing. Would have been safer because if nothing came of it then i wont look stupid, but everyone deserves the right to know. We will find out tomorrow, i do hope its wrong il tell you that now :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers Brett for the diplomacy! :-D It's good that you are able to share news / rumours with the rest of us and i certainly wouldn't be calling you stupid if you were wrong. A knob maybe but not stupid! :lol: (only joking mate!). For fans like myself who don't know anyone at Plainmoor then information from fans like yourself is greatly appreciated and lapped up and you should continue. If it turns out to be wrong then no big deal. Good post anyway. If we can get a decent amount of cash for Robbo then great but i would prefer him to stay until the summer obviously. That said, i don't see why Saah can't come in and fill the gap adequately. What i find strange is that Preston or Stevenage or whoever can have Robbo for free in 3 months or so therefore why buy him now and pay? Makes sense to for him to see out the rest of the season with us and sign an agreement to go to whichever club in the summer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

No worries mate, i will be shocked if it was wrong. Im not one to just post a rumor for the sake of it. Im not from Torquay myself but seemed to have made friends with the right people :lol: Like Matt said the intrest in Robbo is serious and we need to understand that and brace ourselfs that he could be off. Like i said earlier, If Ling was to know tonight and have an idea on the fee im sure he will look at options to replace him over the day. Even if its a loan option untill the end of the season.

I will agree its strange why they want pay a fee, but on the flip side if hes a free agent a lot more clubs will be intrested in him. Now a club at Preston size, they know his contract is nearly up and could tempt us with a reasonable fee and were take the money instead of losing him for nothing at the end. Even if they offered 40-50k it wont break there bank acount and im sure we would snap up the money. Plus Preston will want to push for the play offs and if they can bring in 1 or 2 player that will help.

Sadly our form will make people look out at us, for a small side to be doing so well then they will have decent players which bigger clubs will want to add to their sides. Again we are not a one man team and Robbo can be replaced, if you told me on Jan 1st we would loose Robbo and keep O'Kane i would have taken it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's an absolute certainty to go now. He's never really liked it this far away from his parents anyway but been a really good servant for us. Fee in the region of £20k is about all we can expect from this one.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

I think as long as there is an acceptable fee involved the club have to be fair to Robbo - he's been a good servant and if there is an opportunity at somewhere like PNE I think it is fair to let him take it as you never know what can happen in 6 months,

It will also help with having other players sign contracts - if they know that the club will be reasonable in these circumstances I'm sure they will be more likely to sign extended contracts.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Anyone heard anything on this? Torquay could be lining up a move for 22 year old French-born Tunisian Syam Ben Youssef from Leyton Orient to replace Chris Robertson. #TUFC

https://x.com/?ref=nf&utm_campaign=TUFC ... !/TUFCFANS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only on Twitter but this is the first Ive seen this.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

AlexGulls wrote:Anyone heard anything on this? Torquay could be lining up a move for 22 year old French-born Tunisian Syam Ben Youssef from Leyton Orient to replace Chris Robertson. #TUFC

https://x.com/?ref=nf&utm_campaign=Torq ... ayFans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only on Twitter but this is the first Ive seen this.
Ben Youssef has literally only just signed for Orient though I think. Unlikely I'd say, but you never know
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Always said that I thought Robbo might end up moving on in this window. Despite all the talk of him signing a new contract with us, based on his track record, it was always far more likely in my opinion that he would stall on any new deal and prefer to consider his options in the summer. Robbo has always done this in the past and no reason to believe he would have done anything different this time around. So, on that basis, it was (sadly) almost inevitable that we would try and cash in now rather than be left empty handed in the summer.

The good news it would seem is that there appear to be plenty of suitors for his signature with the likes of PNE, Notts County, Northampton and Cheltenham all mentioned as possible destinations. All this (hopefully) helps us to get get the sort of transfer fee that he should command (£50k) rather than a £10k giveaway! I would hope (and expect) that we might get something in between (10-50k) and no doubt Lingy will be looking to use these funds to try and prise Billy Bodin away from Swindon. I see they have (STFC) have just signed a promising 21year old (Cox) from Scotland for a fee rumoured to be £50k - which PDC may see effectively as being BBs replacement in the squad - even if he doesn't play in the same position. Quite honestly I would see that sort of fee (£50k) being what we should reasonably expect to pay for Bodin, with a hefty (35%?) sell on fee included as you would expect. Anything more than that though and I can't see us being able to do a deal - as quite simply we are "buying" potential and would represent too big a risk for us and iwould be more than we could sensibly afford.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Robbo signed for Preston yesterday.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Your in a dream world if you think we are going to pay 50k for Bodin. Swindon value him at 150k (which is nonsense). No doubt we will have got 5k for Robbo, we let kee go for **** all with no sell on claus and he is now worth god knows what.
Thats why there is little point in supporting Torquay - I have actually been to the last two home games but now we will have Saah back on Saturday and start leaking goals again.
It wouldn't be so bad if we actually got realistic money for some of our players but as usual we give them away.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Your in a dream world if you think we are going to pay 50k for Bodin. Swindon value him at 150k (which is nonsense). No doubt we will have got 5k for Robbo, we let kee go for f**k all with no sell on claus and he is now worth god knows what.
Thats why there is little point in supporting Torquay - I have actually been to the last two home games but now we will have Saah back on Saturday and start leaking goals again.
It wouldn't be so bad if we actually got realistic money for some of our players but as usual we give them away.
Why do you then? Why not go and follow Man City if you see no point? I think you just enjoy a good moan - when really at the moment we have very little to moan about!
Can't make Robbo sign a new contract, can't stop him from signing for a bigger club so might as well get what we can now then get sweet fa in the summer. He can sign for whoever he likes on a pre-nupt and after this do you really think his heart and soul will belong to playing for Torquay until he gets the move in the summer?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/