Buckle Sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I know theres a lot of out of work managers but who is going to want to pick up that "Rovers poisoned chalice" ?
Tisdale? :rofl: :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

blueboy wrote:I posted this on the banter board but you guys were absolutely spot on with your assessments before and after he was appointed.

If only we'd listened to you and not got caught up in all his hype and BS! It's fair to say I've never hated a manager so much in my 19 years supporting the gas.

You guys haven't done too bad out of it, 70k plus the most arrogant manager out the way. Not to mention the 35k for Zebs which is looking like good business. It's fair to say you saw us coming lol.
I would not have thought it possible For Rovers to have been anything worse than top 5 with Zeb & Stanley in the team. Muzzy, (on his day) is also class! Cheer up!, at least now you have got a decent keeper !! :-D
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I know theres a lot of out of work managers but who is going to want to pick up that "Rovers poisoned chalice" ?
Got a horrible feeling it could be Gary Johnson. It's certainly a very risky move for any manager based on our sack happy board.

Shaun North in temporary charge is an odd one. I'd have thought he'd have gone with the orange one.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Shaun North is a good bloke and don't forget he knows half of your players very well. He doesn't deserve to pay the price for Buckle being a dickhead.
Dave

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Yellow4life wrote:Perhaps they will try get Ling now!? :whistle:
I don't think that he spends too much time "wishing that he had a bigger one" like Buckle. :clap: :lol: :scarf:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

blueboy wrote:
Got a horrible feeling it could be Gary Johnson. It's certainly a very risky move for any manager based on our sack happy board.

Shaun North in temporary charge is an odd one. I'd have thought he'd have gone with the orange one.[/quote]

Surely they can't be trying to poach our fans as well. I would have thought they had better taste than a girly guy with an orange car. and orange laces even if he has got rid of that motorised booby
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Shaun North is a good bloke and don't forget he knows half of your players very well. He doesn't deserve to pay the price for Buckle being a dickhead.
Very good points. I've never met the man tbh but the assistant usually goes with the manager. They've obviously had talks with him and he's happy to distance himself from Buckle. Can see him holding a grudge against North now for taking temporary charge.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Nice to see 'Paul Buckle' trending on twitter at the moment!! Ha ha.
TUST member 203
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Buckle will be more pissed off with getting paid weekly and just his basic salary to boot.

I'll wager that Northy will get your season going before too long.
Dave

Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

HAHAHAHA :lol:

Should have stayed Bucks! but i am glad you never! Martin Lings YELLOW ARMY! :scarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

:red: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Gary Johnson was just on the local news saying what a great club it was and how great the fans were and that he can't comment if he'd take the job. Seems like he could have been lined up. VERY risky move as the fans would be on his back quicker than Buckle after afew defeats.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

About fecking time. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. Hope your form improves now Rovers fans and you can get away from the bottom. Forget the play offs though, Bucks has already cocked that up.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Johnson seems the obvious choice for you. As I think O'Driscal (who a few of you have mentioned with better spelling) is not going to come to a league two club.

Johnson knows the league well, could be a good appointment.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

stevegull wrote:Johnson seems the obvious choice for you. As I think O'Driscal (who a few of you have mentioned with better spelling) is not going to come to a league two club.

Johnson knows the league well, could be a good appointment.

Don't be surprised if he ends up taking over at Argyle from Fletcher..............
Dave