Jake Robinson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

We can do better? sure, there are probably better players, but Robinson already knows the club, he seems to get on with the squad and apparently likes the area. That's a large part of the battle with Torquay - getting them here in the first place
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Don't understand the point you are making. I meant we could get someone else in who would be effective on a consistent basis. As for Danny Stevens, he should realistically be working on the checkouts at tescos or something because he is an atrocious footballer. He can run for 3 years with the ball at feet at 100mph but nothing else. He doesn't shoot nor score so i think THAT was the point you were making was it not?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happytorq wrote:We can do better? sure, there are probably better players, but Robinson already knows the club, he seems to get on with the squad and apparently likes the area. That's a large part of the battle with Torquay - getting them here in the first place

yeah, just like carayol last season............... 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

The fact is, whilst an inconsistent goalscorer, Robinson provides some threat. He'd provide even more if played somewhere other than the left-wing too. We are in League 2 - i doubt we'll get much better than him, certainly with our budget. And yes, agree with the description of Danny Stevens. His time is up.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

To be fair to Danny, he hasn't really had much playing time this season, has he?
TUST member 203
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

divingbboy wrote:To be fair to Danny, he hasn't really had much playing time this season, has he?
There is a reason for that i think.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

Robinson has updated his twitter, commenting that he was really busy today and everything has changed. If I had to guess, I would say he's off.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

premierleaguegull wrote:Robinson has updated his twitter, commenting that he was really busy today and everything has changed. If I had to guess, I would say he's off.
well, he was only "on loan"...........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

ive been reading his twitter, say he;s been talking to a few clubs. doesnt look likely he will be in torquay shirt next season.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Well im going to bring the glass half full opinion of jake's comments. What if the club have rang him told him they have narrowed the search down to say 3 candidates. They may or may not have mentioned names but have said that these managers want to sign you on for next season here's your contract offer.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

According to twitter.............Ex Shrewsbury Town forward Jake Robinson is set to sign for either Torquay, Bristol Rovers or MK Dons.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He'll definitely chose MK Dons out of those 3. Who wouldn't? More money, higher league and your other choices are staying with a team who have basically f*cked you about and moving to a team with a manager who plays you in the wrong place and subs you off all the time. I know which one I'd chose.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

cambgull wrote:He'll definitely chose MK Dons out of those 3. Who wouldn't? More money, higher league and your other choices are staying with a team who have basically f*cked you about and moving to a team with a manager who plays you in the wrong place and subs you off all the time. I know which one I'd chose.
How have we 'f*cked him about'? We don't have a manager, so can't offer him a deal. If we did, he'd probably want to wait until he knew who the manager would be. If he decides to go elsewhere before listening to our offer, he's obviously not that interested anyway.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Fonda wrote: How have we 'f*cked him about'? We don't have a manager, so can't offer him a deal. If we did, he'd probably want to wait until he knew who the manager would be. If he decides to go elsewhere before listening to our offer, he's obviously not that interested anyway.
Because we've kept him completely in the dark, I'm sure he can figure out the situation himself but the least the club could give him a quick phone call to explain the situation and the plans they have. I'd feel pretty p*ssed off if a club I was hoping to stay with just basically ignored me, wouldn't you? This is probably even more frustration for Branno.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm sure I read somewhere that Simon Baker is on holiday.

I think there's a Football league jolly going on somewhere in the Med too so can't see any announcements until people are back next week.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com