Torquay United v Exeter City - now 15/01/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, as soon as Stevens went down I looked with in a split second towards the ref, the ref was looking right at Stevens with a massive grin on his face so I am not how anyone could have judged he was not looking, we will all view these things differently, just been reading through Exeweb and they are having the same disscussions about both pens and the Stevens incident.None of them can seem to agree on all three either.

I respect all opinions on this and will agree to dissgree.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:
Ahh well I agree in that respect Nick. And of course it's sometimes too hard to tell whether a player has dived or been fouled, so the ref leaves it as that. I based my assertion that the ref wasn't looking on the fact that my friend next to me said he saw the ref looking away and the ref didn't see Danny go down. Of course the fact that a card wasn't shown/pen given isn't proof that the ref didn't see it, but I meant it possibly strengthened my mate's observation.

I still maintain that it was 100% a penalty. Danny engineered it through his movement, but the player made contact and didn't get the ball.

Edited to fix quote (SG)
It is tough, it's one of those things but having spent 3/4 years refereeing kids around here it aids your view. It looked like Stevens knocked the ball too far, the defenders leg was pulled away but Stevens went over. The sort of thing that would have had me fuming if it'd been given the other end. Must admit I didn't really notice where the ref was or what he was looking at so I can't comment on that.

I think we'll all see it differently, hopefully we can go up to SJP and bring 3 points home with us in 12 days time!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Qoute. "How Long have you been following the Gulls"

He's been following us almost as long as I have ain't you Forest. By the way I am back in Tredworth now. I heard your in Tuffley. pay us a call. you old Codger.

Just a quick message to those I see on the terrace.
Sorry to be missing you all guys, But my health has taken a bit of a turn and now The DVLA has suspended my licence while I am on treatment so can't drive any more. well at least untill things improve, Hopefully they will
Any lifts offered I am interested. Can't go to many as am now losing a lot of money due to loss of licence.
Will be on here less to as ain't got phone line in Gloucester.

I hereby reclaim my title Gloucestergull from all those pretenders who thought I should lose it nah nah :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Andy. Hope to see you at a game sooner rather than later, take care mate.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Yes, get well soon Gloucester. Had a great laugh with you earlier in the season at the Rochdale game. Hope to see you poznaning again soon!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Best wishes indeed Andy, we have met a few times and it amazes me you still retain that wicked sense of humour despite going through a lot of health issues for a few years now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Same sentiments here too GG. Hope you get well soon and are feeling ok today. Chin up you old duffer! :~D :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Oh and to eveyone else, i'll have the Chesterfield thread up either tonight or asap tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

If anyone is interested, I took this panoramic photo of Plainmoor before the C**y game.
Attachments
20130115_195308 Plainmoor Panorama.jpg
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.