Spiess

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:I Know Phil Osborne personally from my own time coaching locally, Phil's a top bloke, if you've got an aspiring young keeper playing grassroots football Phil is a very good coach who will help your child develop, although he was talking about dropping his J4K commitments, is he at the standard to coach professional keepers, that I'm not sure of, next time I see Phil will ask him if he's involved.

:goodpost: Richinns

Totally agree, wish Spiess all the best for the future and don't blame him for wanting out, he joins Hurts on the list of Cox signings screwed over, who's next Marsh ? or Fisher ?

These who booed and slagged and sent general dogs abuse in his direction of Spiess will wish they hadn't if we sign Scott Corderoy, if Lavercombe goes we're well and truly forked, you reap what you sow.
If the team selection was properly assessed Lavercombe should have started the season as Cox played the players he signed. Spiess got abuse, I expect through bad selection as he should not have been in the side. There were other factors as well but I wish him all the best for the future as well.

So Spiess was a non -contract player as well or can you transfer contract players now? If he was on contract what are we doing letting a keeper go without proper cover.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Good luck to the lad, he didn't deserve the abuse he received from some fans earlier in the season.

This club is a **** joke being run by morons.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
gullable
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: all

Post by gullable »

I am sure he will go on to be successful in the future, just needs to be at a club where he can develop and where he is wanted. Our fans never really gave the lad a chance as he took the place of our own boy Dan.. Its funny how support can help growth but how abuse just wrecks confidence. suggest some of you posters look back at threads for MOTM .Spiess appeared in the top 5 of those who posted on several occasions. Yes the lad made some mistakes (so has Dan but folks tend to ignore them) but he also made some great saves that earned us points. Good luck to him. Makes me laugh how posters are concerned did we get money for him... to be honest we don't deserve anything for him being paid 125 per week no GK coach and no training facilities ..what have TUFC done to deserve a fee. Good Luck to the lad .. I for one will follow his career he has the potential to be a very good keeper.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

so another south devon league player, what the f--k is going on , this is ridiculous, as for neville southall he was world class, we are talking about a bloke who has been plying his trade in the south bevon league, lets just turns the lights out now and chuck the keys away. its a joke !
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

forevertufc wrote: Apart from DJ gull who did to be fair say it was wild gossip, not one person has said anything about Spiess going to Wigan.
Thanks Forever, appologies for wrong info, like I said, just gossip (more like chinese whispers) which I thought I would share. I won't post any more gos I have from this source :red:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Wigan connection comes from them wanting Lavercombe so not too far out lol

Edit: Bloody phone, not sure how that managed to go unnoticed before I posted, all corrected now.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
howarddevoto
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by howarddevoto »

I know someone that was the best keeper I ever seen at 15. But apparently we've done the youth thing to death.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

gullable wrote:I am sure he will go on to be successful in the future, just needs to be at a club where he can develop and where he is wanted. Our fans never really gave the lad a chance as he took the place of our own boy Dan.. Its funny how support can help growth but how abuse just wrecks confidence. suggest some of you posters look back at threads for MOTM .Spiess appeared in the top 5 of those who posted on several occasions. Yes the lad made some mistakes (so has Dan but folks tend to ignore them) but he also made some great saves that earned us points. Good luck to him. Makes me laugh how posters are concerned did we get money for him... to be honest we don't deserve anything for him being paid 125 per week no GK coach and no training facilities ..what have TUFC done to deserve a fee. Good Luck to the lad .. I for one will follow his career he has the potential to be a very good keeper.
Totally, totally fully agree, Gullable. I would put Fabian Spiess on a par with Dan and had no argument with Cox picking him ahead of Lavercombe. He made some very good saves - yes, he made a few mistakes and he isn't very good at taking control of the area. I wasn't aware that he received any abuse after matches. The only abuse has been from some posters on here. As was posted on here several times, he shouldn't have been signed. What we really needed was an experienced 'keeper who could help to develop Lavercombe - not two young 'keepers at about the same level. I certainly wish him good luck and hope he goes to a club where he will get paid more, have some coaching and decent training facilities.

I've never seen Scott Corderoy play so can't comment on his abilities. He may well sit on the bench but if Lavercombe picks up a long-term injury, surely the club will bring in an emergency loan signing ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mildenhall will be the target to replace Spiess it certainly won't be Corderoy who was just helping out a club in need and fair play to him. If I thought he had a shout of playing first team football at Plainmoor I'd start looking for a new pair of gloves myself ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

On the face of it I'm happy for Corderoy to be given a second chance. Plenty of players out there started their careers at pro clubs, fell out of favour and plied their trade in local football before getting their second chance. However, it doesn't seem like he is getting this chance because of his performances, more because of circumstance. But like everyone, if he pulls on the Gulls kit he'll get my full support.
As for Spiess, good luck to the lad, seemed like a decent player with the potential to make a decent career as a pro. Not really the best signing for him or us given we already had Lavercombe. Like Dan I'm sure Speiss would have been better off as a number two to an older more experienced 'keeper, something he will hopefully get with his next move.

One thing I've just thought of. Do the transfer rules apply to non-league like they do the League? With League rules Speiss is not allowed to sign for another club until 1st January. Very harsh to lose income at this time of year.

Up the gulls!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote:Mildenhall will be the target to replace Spiess it certainly won't be Corderoy who was just helping out a club in need and fair play to him. If I thought he had a shout of playing first team football at Plainmoor I'd start looking for a new pair of gloves myself ;-)

Well that's a relief to hear, yes it's great that Corderoy has been helping out the club, but if we'd signed him that would have been an embarrassment to far for me. Milldenhall is just the type of keeper the situation at TUFC has been crying out for all season, can't see him coming down here to play second fiddle to Lavercombe though, although I'm sure a certain poster will rate Dan above Milldenhall. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:

Well that's a relief to hear, yes it's great that Corderoy has been helping out the club, but if we'd signed him that would have been an embarrassment to far for me. Milldenhall is just the type of keeper the situation at TUFC has been crying out for all season, can't see him coming down here to play second fiddle to Lavercombe though, although I'm sure a certain poster will rate Dan above Milldenhall. :)

It's great for the club I just hope it would not hinder Lavercombes progress if this did happen as up to now he's up to the job. They think that Lavercombe could be loaned back to the club if a club came in with an offer.
Last edited by arcadia on 16 Dec 2015, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

forevertufc wrote:

Perfect. Exactly the player the squad needs :clap:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084