Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Trying not to default to negative and catastrophic position but I'm struggling to see us seeing out the season.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I dread to think what is going to be said after this Board meeting this afternoon.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

IanGull01 wrote:I dread to think what is going to be said after this Board meeting this afternoon.
Oh to be a fly on the wall in that room. Goodness knows what's been going on.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

PADLOCK THE GATES NOW AND STOP TAKING THE P*** OUT OF US.
DEAN EDWARDS CAN F*** OFF
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I don't want to hear all this "personal reasons" and "mutual consent" bollocks. Please come out and just tell us the truth.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

IanGull01 wrote:I dread to think what is going to be said after this Board meeting this afternoon.

Something like this:

"Torquay United regret to announce the resignation of their manager, Paul Cox, who has left with immedate effect. This is due to personal reasons that the club do not wish to go into at this time.

Assistant manager, John Ramshaw, will take charge of the next two home games, beginning tomorrow, Saturday, at the LWS.

Whilst we appreciate that these appear to be troubling times, the Board wish to reassure the fans that they are doing all they can to ensure that a new manager will be appointed as soon as possible.

Further announcements will be made in due course"

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

What kind of a manager texts the local newspaper to tell them that he is resigning??!!

So unprofessional it is unreal!!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Yep that sounds about right, Scott !

That is certainly the sort of announcement we might have expected from the previous consortium, certainly over the last couple of years anyway, but I am rather hoping that we might get a little more honesty from the current one, but time will tell I guess.

It is really difficult at this moment in time, with all the bad news stories that have come out of the club over the last couple of weeks, and now this .... not to feel that the very existence of the club is now very much back on the line, so soon after it had seemingly been rescued just a few short months ago.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

The loyal fans of our club have been taken the piss out of for too long now. This dreadful news is so sad and is the sign of worse to come, possibly today. We deserve better than this.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Whether you are a fan of the current regime or not, I think we can agree that their communications need considerable improvement.

I never saw the point of bringing in Cox anyway - nothing against the man, he's a good manager, just didn't see the point of paying for two managers. "We couldn't afford to pay Chris, but we can afford to pay Chris and Paul" doesn't make any sense and any fool can see that.

What little news that does come out of the club from the current regime does not instill confidence. I can't help wondering if, however well intentioned they are, if the current administration are in way over their heads.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

for a board to come out publically expressing what needs to be done on the FANS side and have absolutely no response or announcement from them (regardless if they will do it later today) is an utter disgrace.

What they have done is now turn more people away!! I have to agree with a lot of the posts on here about lasting out the season, I would strongly recommend the current board to put the club back up for sale as first priority and pray someone takes over who can sort this mess. Of course they went into this with good intentions however a coach manager with respect is not a football club director, maybe it should have been a case to hold out for better investment or accept that we needed to go part time, for those who say get hargreaves back need a reality check and ask themselves some seriosu questions, however i see us ending up with the like of Tully as next in charge, god help us
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Gulliball wrote:Fans are not stupid. "Personal reasons" is a kop out and will only serve to alienate our already exhausted fanbase. The new owners made a huge financial decision to appoint Paul Cox and pay for two managers and two assistants whilst cutting back in every other area.

He was appointed for the "long haul" and has left after 10 games. Four directors have also left, only months after getting involved. Some honesty is needed to either reassure fans or let them know how near to the brink we are.
In such situations, where things begin to fall apart after such a short period of time, whether in football or business or in any organisation, there's usually a good reason, and not necessarily financial.

Most people are pretty reasonable and able to work together for the common cause, but, if there are disagreements which cannot be resolved, the root of the problem can sometimes be found where there is at least one huge ego attempting to control affairs and to unacceptably impose his or her will upon the others. I'm not saying this is the case at Plainmoor - the club's financial situation was far worse than the current board anticipated when they took over, and has probably worsened since - but four directors and the team manager leaving after such a short period of time could indicate a far deeper malaise.

It could indeed be financial, or could be strong-minded people not being able to work together. Or it could be they simply don't have the bottle to face the hard struggles ahead. Of course, that could be said of many Gulls fans, who have been forsaking the club in droves. But can anybody blame them, when those in a position to lead by example are failing to do so?
Last edited by Gullscorer on 18 Sep 2015, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I had grave doubts about the new board when it took over, to inherit a club like this you have to have fairly deep pockets to make it respectable which they don't and all the signs since have been we're sinking even faster. They are leaving one by one and now the one person who gave us a chance in this league has gone as well. Whilst I've never doubted their integrity or good will towards the club they don't have the necessary experience in business/football and especially don't have the financial clout to sustain this club which will never get above the break even numbers they need while we are a struggling side in this league, which we will be with the lack of finance provided. Double edged sword.

Quite happy I'm going tomorrow for what could well be the last waltz.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

**** hell. Hargreaves back?! I can't understand why, he knew the state of the club?!
The gulls are going up
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Hargreaves can stay on his flipping gardening leave, would definitely be the last nail to be smashed into our coffin then!

Mr Ling, pick up that flipping phone, we promise to treat you properly this time :Oops: