Bristol rovers face a fine or WORST

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote:I didn't want the spelling on this forum to go from bad to WORSE... :~D
As most teachers these days don't seem to be able to spell, I blame the parents ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think it's unfair to pick people up all the time on their grammar and spelling. They might be perfectly nice people and just because they haven't been able to learn a life skill for whatever reason they get mocked and derided. I'd hate to think that people who lack confidence in their English would refrain from joining up just because they don't want the hassle of being highlighted publicly.

Everyone's opinion counts no matter how it is presented and so long as we can get the general gist of what the other person is trying to convey then I don't see why they should be made to look foolish.

In your case Mick, reading a lot of your posts I can clearly see you are a very intelligent man and I can see why such things would irk you slightly but I'm not wanting to cause a fuss, I just want to say how I like to read any post from anybody no matter how many mistakes there are in it. It's not right to criticise for this.

Anyway, in today's day and age of computers - it doesn't really matter if you can write or spell because a machine will do it for you.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 01 May 2014, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yer, why wood u blame the pairents init.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stefano wrote: As most teachers these days don't seem to be able to spell, I blame the parents ;-)
I blame Alan Knill

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I blame technology............... =D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Andy I'm sure the OP is no fool and it was simply a slip of the finger. Had I thought him that unintelligent I would not have mentioned it.
Anyway, I blame feminism and single mothers.. :(
Last edited by Gullscorer on 01 May 2014, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl:

Who doesn't? :)
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Surely it's Bill Phillips' fault, isn't it? (Note the apostrophe)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gay Marriage :Oops: . Thanks rob I thought apostrophe, was spelt apostroughfee.... :clown:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: I blame Alan Knill

;-)
Oh go one. Blame the Germans. after all. their spelling is the Vurst
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Maybe I can shed some light on this.
Rovers had problems earlier this season because of trouble at Trashton against The Sheeds
The sheeds invaded the pitch and set at the Rovers fans. some of whome invaded the pitch. There was also some trouble the previous season if I remember.
The club was given a suspended fine which was considerable
This occasion the fans invaded the pitch twice.
The fine will not just be considerable. it could easily have some other repurcussions.
Both fans and the club are seriously worried
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

In that case, if Rovers do get to have points deducted, it could happen that, depending on results, Rovers and Northampton could go down, and Torquay and Wycombe could stay up. Who'd have thought it....!!
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Gullscorer wrote:In that case, if Rovers do get to have points deducted, it could happen that, depending on results, Rovers and Northampton could go down, and Torquay and Wycombe could stay up. Who'd have thought it....!!
No it couldn't. Even if Bristol Rovers have a ten point deduction only one of Torquay and Wycombe can win, so one would still go down.

There has only ever been one deduction of points in the league for "persistent" pitch invasions - Brighton had 3 points deducted.
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

Glostergull wrote:Maybe I can shed some light on this.
Rovers had problems earlier this season because of trouble at Trashton against The Sheeds
The sheeds invaded the pitch and set at the Rovers fans. some of whome invaded the pitch.
Awww bless. I notice that you don't mention that the trouble that night was started by your holier than thou mates when a scruffy little mob turned up 15 minutes late and made a pathetic attempt to get to City fans in the Williams Stand. As someone who was actually at the game, not watching on TV, I can tell you that changed the whole atmosphere inside the ground.

Stop making excuses for your buddies and accept that they are worried because of their own "we'll go where we want and do what we want" 'too big for L2' attitude. They aren't going to get a points deduction anyway.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The was no excuses for either set of fans that night (the idiot 5% that is as, I am sure the real fans of both clubs would want to distance themselves from anything to do with it). It was truly shameful to watch
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/