How many of you are actual fans?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

No, you can't steward pissed, so he wouldn't qualify. I pity a man who looks like Bartlett and can only presume he did something dreadful in a previous life.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Karl Hawley

Post by TufcHills »

Matt your quite rude on this forum towards fellow supporters sometimes
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

**** off.

Matt.

Oh yeah, you're right.
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TufcHills »

You wouldn't dare say half the stuff you do on here to those peoples faces
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh contraire, I've been called out by fans and players alike. As a proper chap I've always been willing to meet. Oddly though, it's always the other party who fails to follow through.
I'd gladly call Bartlett a **** to his face, I've done it before. I don't pretend that I'm especially brave for so doing, but I'm certainly not bothered by it.

Matt.
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TufcHills »

Fair enough at least your honest
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Bartlett is an idiot, and a mouth. But to wish cancer on anyone is well out of order and the post should be removed.

Gloucester, I hope your good friend gets all the comfort, support and loving he deserves. I too have a three friends, ironically one in Southampton, who are suffering knowing they have limited time and trying bravely live life like nothings wrong. I said to one of them the other day "what a horrible day (weather wise) her answer "Every days a beautiful day when you have cancer"

Please think before you post things like that.
Last edited by Dave_Pougher on 06 Oct 2013, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i have to agree with gloster here,why cant we get behind the team we love and support, like gloster ive been watching this football club since 1965 and ive seen some shit churned out but i can assure you this team is nowhere near the worst we have seen, not by a long way, the atmosphere yesterday was crap and it cannot help the players, i spoke to one player last night and he said that he has never played in such a dead atmosphere as he did yesterday, no words of encouragement just people having a go at players. yes it was poor but come on we all have off days just as gloster said and sometimes we all need a pat on the back even when we havent done well at work and its the same for these guys, come on support this club we need to back them and get our season going.
PS, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MATE GLOSTER.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i have to agree with gloster here,why cant we get behind the team we love and support, like gloster ive been watching this football club since 1965 and ive seen some sh*t churned out but i can assure you this team is nowhere near the worst we have seen, not by a long way, the atmosphere yesterday was crap and it cannot help the players, i spoke to one player last night and he said that he has never played in such a dead atmosphere as he did yesterday, no words of encouragement just people having a go at players. yes it was poor but come on we all have off days just as gloster said and sometimes we all need a pat on the back even when we havent done well at work and its the same for these guys, come on support this club we need to back them and get our season going.
PS, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MATE GLOSTER.

But yesterday wasn't an off day. It was par for the course. I agree that we shouldn't slag off the players during the game. The groans that greeted a misplaced long ball by O'Connor, a teenager in his first game, seemed harsh. However, the stick levelled towards an uninspiring, poor manager is warranted, certainly at full time. A few boos and moans is nothing compared to what the Millwall players faced yesterday, not that anything like is excusable. But people who pay £20 to be in that dead atmosphere, an atmosphere dead because of the sterile football on show, and have to suffer that sort of humiliation, then I think supporters are entitled to grumble.

If we all applauded at the end, like a few lemmings did, then the club would not have any sense of urgency to rectify if they thought a gullible fanbase would accept any sort of rubbish that is in front of them.

It takes some expression of discontent for football clubs to act and therefore if we want an improved situation at Plainmoor, I would say it is the duty if fans not to stand by glibly nodding and applauding but instead to express concern in the strongest terms.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Hector is right. The silence at Plainmoor is the direct result of the abject performances in the past and the appalling one yesterday.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

yesterday was not par for the course; the first 20 minutes or so was quite good to watch, just no finishing ability.AK said that he thought we shaded it, I thought we were the better team. Then we surrended. I hate surrender. If the players are fighting, that's fantastic despite the result in my book; we fought a bit at Newport, & I thought we should have had a point. We didn't deserve anything yesterday & I agree with the poster who said that it was unlikely that York would get an easier three points this season. If AK is such a bad man manager as has been stated, how was he able to inspire the players to pull themselves out of their pit last season ? However he did that, he'll have to find it again from somewhere for next week & beyond. :-/ :-/ :-/
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

yesterday was not par for the course; the first 20 minutes or so was quite good to watch, just no finishing ability.AK said that he thought we shaded it, I thought we were the better team. Then we surrended. I hate surrender. If the players are fighting, that's fantastic despite the result in my book; we fought a bit at Newport, & I thought we should have had a point. We didn't deserve anything yesterday & I agree with the poster who said that it was unlikely that York would get an easier three points this season. If AK is such a bad man manager as has been stated, how was he able to inspire the players to pull themselves out of their pit last season ? However he did that, he'll have to find it again from somewhere for next week & beyond. :-/ :-/ :-/
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

the fact that we've won just 4 games out of 18 at home since New Years doesn't help does it though? The gates are holding up well so far as I expected a lot less than 2500 yesterday, but after that the 'floaters' won't come back. Should we lose at Wycombe then the Mansfield game will be 2200 maximum in my opinion.

Dreadful, dreadful form at home and the performances just aren't exciting. If I didn't have a ST I don't know if I'd bother with Mansfield. And before anyone says I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years, it's just that this calendar year has been the worst one apart from the Roberts era, and even then the on-field problems weren't at the forefront of my worries.

There is no reason we should we playing so poorly in my opinion - my first season was Leroy in 03/04, and he achieved far more on an absolute shoestring than we're achieving now, when we're so much better off financially. It doesn't make sense, and this is one of the things that is most confusing to me.

I may explain more later on if I can be arsed.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

taxilady wrote:yesterday was not par for the course; the first 20 minutes or so was quite good to watch, just no finishing ability.AK said that he thought we shaded it, I thought we were the better team. Then we surrended. I hate surrender. If the players are fighting, that's fantastic despite the result in my book; we fought a bit at Newport, & I thought we should have had a point. We didn't deserve anything yesterday & I agree with the poster who said that it was unlikely that York would get an easier three points this season. If AK is such a bad man manager as has been stated, how was he able to inspire the players to pull themselves out of their pit last season ? However he did that, he'll have to find it again from somewhere for next week & beyond. :-/ :-/ :-/
Err...are you being serious? Have you not seen the league table?

We are 4th from bottom. One point ahead of Northampton, who more than likely, will start to climb soon.

Simply hoping things will get better, will not mean they will. And as for the nonsense that Knill inspired the players last season, we were closer to relegation by the end of the season, then when he started. Furthermore, every team at the bottom discovered good form at the end of the season. I suppose they all had good inspiring managers or perhaps it was the urgency of the situation that motivated them.

Simply, Alan Knill = relegation battle. Ask fans of Scunthorpe if they would take him back!
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TufcHills »

Hector is spot on, Alan Knill has the motivation of a dead goldfish and that's why our team just can't get going, his "10 games" are up now and my judgement is a very poor relegation threatened side already, unless tactics are changed and maybe Knill realises that maybe player personnel change is needed, Torquay fans will have another painful gruelling season.

I bet we could all pick the team next week and know who's going to take to the pitch at Wycombe