Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I 100% AGREE !!

Forget Zebs and pray for Manset! :bow: :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I actually don't much care if Zebroski punched a soldier or whatever. Yes he might be no off field angel but that doesn't alter the fact he was excellent for us. Absolute hard worker with no little talent.
Way better than the likes of Jarvis,Stevens and the rest of the rubbish we have had to endure this season.
He is still the sort of player who would add to our squad so I would be more than happy to have him back - don't forget he can play up front as well as wide.
No brainer as far as I'm concerned.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Getting into trouble off the field is one thing. Not turning up for games, like he did four times last season at Cheltenham is unforgiveable. I would like to see us take a chance on him if the money is right and we have a clause to let him go if he gets into trouble, but I can understand a manager not wanting to take him on.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gulliball wrote:Getting into trouble off the field is one thing. Not turning up for games, like he did four times last season at Cheltenham is unforgiveable. I would like to see us take a chance on him if the money is right and we have a clause to let him go if he gets into trouble, but I can understand a manager not wanting to take him on.
agree chris. i have a lot of time for zebs the player. his off-field antics would need to be addressed.
but, if a contract could be done which would be weighted for the club - ie fall out of line just once and you are off - id be happy with him to come back.
as brucie has said, hes still a better player than some we have had this season.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Which is lovely, until he doesn't turn up for the second or third match of the season because he's in the cells or hung over and we ship him out and are looking to replace him long after everyone else has concluded their business. He simply isn't worth it. He's better than Stevens, but then, so am I, you wouldn't condone my signing. He's not THAT good that there aren't a dozen or more better players available within our budget who won't go poncing off in a strop because they want to be out getting pissed up rather than turning up for training.
Add to that the idea that he has an abysmal on field disciplinary record (especially considering he doesn't bother turning up for half the matches in a season) and you end up with a player who achieves very little with the talent he so obviously has.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Brucie. Zebrowski would be worth a try, at least.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How many matches has he not actually turned up for at Torquay then? - sum total of zero I think.
Wasn't he top scorer at Cheltenham before they cancelled his contract? not to mention running the length of the pitch to score for Bristol Rovers against us, or indeed scoring against us for Cheltenham last season.
He is way better than Bodin for starters. Wasn't his non appearance at Cheltenham muted to be something to do with a personal problem.
Much like Benyon I am really only interested what I see with my own eyes. Both players are better than what we have already. Simple as that.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

There's a reason Zebs was at Eastleigh, clubs get bored of players who don't learn their life lessons. I'm sure the likes of Zebroski and Nile Ranger would be on the face of it massive improvements on what we've got but it's a gamble isn't it.

Can we afford to pay Zebroski the sort of dosh he'd want waking up every day just hoping not to pick up a paper and see him nicked for something on it. Bloke is clearly an absolute clown and it's often them that make decent footballers.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Can we afford Zebroski, if you balance the risk(off-field problems) against the personal contract Zebs would be after simple anwser,no we can't.

However Zebroski has lost the right to ask for top money, he has to earn his stripes/trust back, there is not a que of clubs lined up ready to sign him and with good reason, I would offer him something along the lines of a contract with fairly low starting money, and if he keeps his nose clean on and off the field it would over a period of time trigger a wage rise. If he considers himself to good or to important to except such a contract, fine let him walk away.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:How many matches has he not actually turned up for at Torquay then? - sum total of zero I think.
Wasn't he top scorer at Cheltenham before they cancelled his contract? not to mention running the length of the pitch to score for Bristol Rovers against us, or indeed scoring against us for Cheltenham last season.
He is way better than Bodin for starters. Wasn't his non appearance at Cheltenham muted to be something to do with a personal problem.
Much like Benyon I am really only interested what I see with my own eyes. Both players are better than what we have already. Simple as that.
I worked at a school in Torquay once, didn't stab a single pupil. Went to Cheltenham, stabbed dead 12 nippers. But that's ok, because I wasn't in the TQ postcode when I did it, so Oldway School are happy for me to work there.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do you actually know the reason that Zebs didn't turn up though - as I say I think the problem was muted to be something to do with his relationship with his partner, and wasn't a case of him being arrested or blind drunk so he couldn't play.
As has been pointed out though he might not have a queue of clubs wanting to sign him so possibly we could offer him a "prove yourself deal".
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes brucie is right, its not a case of him being in trouble all the time, he has a partner who he seems to adore who has issues and its a case of him having to take time to sort these problems out, sometimes things arent as they seem, i would like to at least someone give a chance again, think he would be worth a shot.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Scotty Rendell lost a baby just days old, at Christmas, and missed, perhaps, one game. Zebs had a fight with the missus and missed half a dozen games. Come on. I don't doubt his talent, but he's not THAT good that we need to take a punt on him. He chased the dream to Rovers, got the boot. He went to Chelts and took the piss, the only team to touch him after that was an amateur side in the depths of the non-league. There are plenty of other players at least as good as he who won't go missing every time there's a week in the month. He had his shot and he blew it.

Matt.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ROADRUNNER wrote:yes brucie is right, its not a case of him being in trouble all the time, he has a partner who he seems to adore who has issues and its a case of him having to take time to sort these problems out, sometimes things arent as they seem, i would like to at least someone give a chance again, think he would be worth a shot.
Yes, lets not forget that at this level we will not attract perfect "angels" & great players to the club. Most of them willing to come down here will have some sort of history, weaknesses in their game, will be young & untried or too old for their present club. Sometimes the manager will have to take a chance. The recent examples are:

Rene Howe........been all over the place not done a lot...... risk taken & signed by Ling,
Aaron Downes.......very big risk I.M.O. due to serious injury..... risk taken & signed by Ling
Mark Loram (years ago) I seem to remember that Mike Bateson spent much of his time trying to keep Loram on "the straight & narrow"

I expect we could list loads of players who came here with history & did well at the club.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »