Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

I guess Westley's budget at Preston doesn't stretch to his excellent captain at Stevenage Mark Roberts, then?!

It will obviously be a real shame to see any of the established XI leave, but especially one (or more??! 8-o ) of the back five when you consider how solid we've been of late. Robertson has been in outstanding form, but the club has been powerless to avoid this potential transfer. Robbo over the years has always been a player who has retained control over his future by delaying contract talks. Can't blame him for that, nor the club for apparently negotiating a transfer fee for an asset who'll offer them no return in the summer.

Aldred to rejoin on loan, with Saah returning to the starting line-up?
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

If Robbo is having a medical then that means there must be a fee .. because obviously he cant just leave as there is 6 months of his contract left .. and as for Ellis, i wouldn't be surprised if he did go to Preston as Graham Westley must know a lot about him after the amount of times we've played Stevenage over the years.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:If Robbo is having a medical then that means there must be a fee .. because obviously he cant just leave as there is 6 months of his contract left .. and as for Ellis, i wouldn't be surprised if he did go to Preston as Graham Westley must know a lot about him after the amount of times we've played Stevenage over the years.
So your on here as well `eh #GazzaBTUFC?
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Aussie wrote: So your on here as well `eh #GazzaBTUFC?
i am indeed lad .. all over the place me! lol
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Aussie wrote: Please help me here Matt! How on Earth does `sufficient rumour` make anything certain? I`m rather confused (well you know what I mean!). How much rumour do you have to obtain before rumour is fact? This rumour might turn out correct but that is not my point!
I didn't say fact, Aus, I said certain. Rumour doesn't come from nowhere, no smoke without fire as they say. One odd bod saying something can be disregarded, a dozen separate people all hearing things from different places, one of whom is Brett who knows these things and has passed to me directly other information, makes it certain (as certain as I feel I need to be) that the rumour is true. I'm trying to make gentle suggestions to the board that we might all want to take this seriously. Perhaps hang out here a while to get used to individuals before gunning for people, save me having to explain myself every time.

*awaits Cambgull's inevitable confrontational retort* :~D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Westley cannot sign any Stevenage players until the season has ended, part of the deal that took him there. So Robbo going there could well be right.

Best of luck to him if he goes..............
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Well Matt it was the way you phrased it mate " I think there's now sufficient rumour on here to make it certain " sorry but if you take that literally it`s completely wrong and you know it, but I don`t expect you to admit it! Also if something is certain then it is pretty much gunna be fact, init? I also stated that " This rumour might turn out correct but that is not my point!" I wasn`t doubting anyone about what they might have heard, just the fact that I don`t believe that suffient rumour could possibly ever amount to making anything certain! Can`t paint it any clearer than that so if you are still stuggling to understand what I am saying then I feckin` well give up! Some one elses turn, I need me nurse!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Aussie wrote:Well Matt it was the way you phrased it mate " I think there's now sufficient rumour on here to make it certain " sorry but if you take that literally it`s completely wrong and you know it, but I don`t expect you to admit it! Also if something is certain then it is pretty much gunna be fact, init? I also stated that " This rumour might turn out correct but that is not my point!" I wasn`t doubting anyone about what they might have heard, just the fact that I don`t believe that suffient rumour could possibly ever amount to making anything certain! Can`t paint it any clearer than that so if you are still stuggling to understand what I am saying then I feckin` well give up! Some one elses turn, I need me nurse!
And therein lies the downfall of the argument. Yes indeed, taken literally and in complete isolation of the remainder of this thread and of life in general, by the strictest interpretation of the English language, it's incorrect, but if you choose to read it that way, I feel that's very much more your fault than it is mine. (We need some sort of googly eyes smiley here).

For clarity, no, no amount of rumour will ever amount to fact, but such a volume of rumour as we have seen in this instance is sufficient to make me certain that Robbo is leaving the club. Allied to a text I received from Brett (without wishing to come across all secret squirrel), and I felt it appropriate to make a mildly veiled post on here to alert the wise to the fact that any doubters should, perhaps, take this one seriously.

Matt.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

ferrarilover wrote: And therein lies the downfall of the argument. Yes indeed, taken literally and in complete isolation of the remainder of this thread and of life in general, by the strictest interpretation of the English language, it's incorrect, but if you choose to read it that way, I feel that's very much more your fault than it is mine.

For clarity, no, no amount of rumour will ever amount to fact, but such a volume of rumour as we have seen in this instance is sufficient to make me certain that Robbo is leaving the club. Allied to a text I received from Brett (without wishing to come across all secret squirrel), and I felt it appropriate to make a mildly veiled post on here to alert the wise to the fact that any doubters should, perhaps, take this one seriously.

Matt.
So again we fail to grasp the nettle, please! It`s all about rediculous statements, defend it as you will but it doesn`t make it any less silly! You constantly pull people for similar things like a thread started about us having the away end and you patronised the geezer well bad! I live in a glass house and have the tendancy to pick up a stone to throw every now and then, but I realise after the glass has smashed that perhaps I should not have thrown that stone, you on the other hand keep throwing the f*ckin` things and refuse to accept that your breaking stuff! One of us needs medication now I think it could be me!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

When i said earlier that clubs can eff off until the summer, i didn't know that Robbo was out of contract then! Of course it would make sound financial sense to let him go now rather than lose him for nowt in the summer. It would be sad if he went and worrying for our promotion push but needs must. Clubs can eff off for our other players though! :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

[quote="Aussie" Can`t paint it any clearer than that so if you are still stuggling to understand what I am saying then I feckin` well give up! Some one elses turn, I need me nurse![/quote]

See you in the pub then after you've turned off the computer. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Aussie wrote: So again we fail to grasp the nettle, please! It`s all about rediculous statements, defend it as you will but it doesn`t make it any less silly! You constantly pull people for similar things like a thread started about us having the away end and you patronised the geezer well bad! I live in a glass house and have the tendancy to pick up a stone to throw every now and then, but I realise after the glass has smashed that perhaps I should not have thrown that stone, you on the other hand keep throwing the f*ckin` things and refuse to accept that your breaking stuff! One of us needs medication now I think it could be me!
Of course it's not ridiculous, it's my own standard of convincing. I have seen enough to be certain in myself (for we can only speak for ourselves) that we will lose Robbo. I have shared that certainty with the board and you have disagreed, because you are A) not in possession of the information which I have admitted to having and B) evidently harder to convince than I. That doesn't make me wrong, it doesn't necessarily make you wrong. As for what I've said to the guy on the other thread, I've gently yanked his chain about covering old ground. If we're going down this route, I think I forgot to PM you about shouting down entire threads in a very 'Bristol Rovers' fashion when one of our members suggested we were riding our luck recently. As you say, people in glass houses...

Matt.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Perhaps if we dress up McPhee as robbo and send him up there nobody will notice?!!..... :whistle:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

tufc si wrote:Perhaps if we dress up McPhee as robbo and send him up there nobody will notice?!!..... :whistle:
Hahaha, quality. This was suggested at the Devon Bowl game. We were going to get Eunan and McPhee to swap shirts for the rest of the season, hoping that scouts would be tempted to make a massive bid for the bloke in the McPhee shirt, and ignore completely the guy in the number 10 jersey.

On a different note... I propose a challenge. We're playing 'guess the fee'. No cheating (Brett), we all guess the likely fee for Robbo and whoever is closest to the reported amount wins an egg, boiled in the style of their choice (hard or soft).

I'll go with Undisclosed, any advance?

Matt.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

ferrarilover wrote: So again we fail If we're going down this route, I think I forgot to PM you about shouting down entire threads in a very 'Bristol Rovers' fashion when one of our members suggested we were riding our luck recently. As you say, people in glass houses...

Matt.
Haha thank you matt!! :clap: