Jake Robinson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Would love Robinson to stay. I think right wing is the best position for him.

Would be nice if the new manager signs somebody who actually has a left foot to play left wing!

Zebs up top with Kee. Would like Tomlin also but doubt it somehow.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

According to his twitter account Jake has not been offered a new contract. He found out through the Shrewsbury Town's website. Hmm, that's not very professional. The word 'professional' seems to be the buzz word around here at the mo.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

& the fact that Jake Robinson wasn't informed of the contract non-renewal before release on the club website had nothing to do with his role with Torquay beating Shrewsbury 2 times this season, plus knocking them out of the playoffs......
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It seems odd to me that he still seems so in love with the club which has done it's best to treat him like poo for the last 5 months.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

ferrarilover wrote:It seems odd to me that he still seems so in love with the club which has done it's best to treat him like poo for the last 5 months.

Matt.

I'm not sure he is, to be honest. I get the impression that he's quite chuffed with the way that tufc has treated him, and the reception he's had from the fans. On twitter he said that he fully expected the decision not to renew his contract, but that he was disappointed in the rude and disrespectful way that he found out. I mean, finding out via the club website!!?? FFS!
TUST member 203
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh

I think you'll find Matt was referring to Shrewsbury :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Shrewsbury? Didn't we play them in the final at Old Trafford :clap:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh

I think you'll find Matt was referring to Shrewsbury :)
............as was I. No 'whooooooooooooosh' involved. I meant that he doesn't appear to be enamoured with Shrewsbury and seems quite chuffed with tufc, hence the reason why I said that he wasn't in love with the club that treated him like poo. I don't get the impression that he's fixated on them.
TUST member 203
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

Hmmm. Well, something's up............

Jake Robinson

What a crazy day, things change so quickly in football! Can't go into any details obviously but have been really busy.
TUST member 203
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Would most likely rule out Managerless TUFC, I suspect.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

yeah, I was about to post that as well.

Still, technically, he was unemployed, so I can't say I really blame him for sorting himself out a contract. It's at Rovers I'll be pissed off for an hour or so - but not at Robinson.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

happytorq wrote:yeah, I was about to post that as well.

Still, technically, he was unemployed, so I can't say I really blame him for sorting himself out a contract. It's at Rovers I'll be pissed off for an hour or so - but not at Robinson.
I'll be well pissed-off if Buckle starts plundering the tufc squad. Not at the players, who have to do what is right for them, but ex-managers plundering teams leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
TUST member 203
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

divingbboy wrote:I'll be well pissed-off if Buckle starts plundering the tufc squad. Not at the players, who have to do what is right for them, but ex-managers plundering teams leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Exactly the point I'm making. I'm expecting it, to be honest. You had to ask that if the move was on prior to the playoff final, how can Buckle have been doing his job properly? It just stinks a bit. How hard would have been to say to Jake "listen, Jakey- don't rush into signing a new contract with Torquay...I'll hook you up, nudge nudge"?

I'm not suggesting that this is what happened but when a manager appears to have had his eye elsewhere for some time, and then players' futures are uncertain, you have to ask questions.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

I wouldn't be fussed if he didn't stay at Plainmoor. Just like the Shrews fans said he starts at new clubs on fire then fades away which is exactly the way of it at TUFC. Sure he works hard, but the goals dried up long ago and he looks predictable now with many shots not even on target. I know he's at this level for a reason but i reckon we can do better. Thanks anyway Jakey.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

andygull wrote:I wouldn't be fussed if he didn't stay at Plainmoor. Just like the Shrews fans said he starts at new clubs on fire then fades away which is exactly the way of it at TUFC. Sure he works hard, but the goals dried up long ago and he looks predictable now with many shots not even on target. I know he's at this level for a reason but i reckon we can do better. Thanks anyway Jakey.
Yep, we could offer Danny Stevens ANOTHER contract...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."