29 May 2021. Who will be Top of the National League?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

CP Gull I have the feeling that Sutton will not find it easy to beat Eastleigh who have a good Home record

Torquay have only lost 4 games from 18 on the road and Eastleigh was one of them.

Eastleigh have lost just 4 out of 17 at Home. I think we have a decent chance on Saturday of going back to the Top of the National League.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

All very well but with Wright breaking down again, Little and Cameron injured again. No sign of Kimpiola or Whitfield returning and Nemane having vanished off the planet, and possible injuries to Moxey and Andrews last night its going to be very difficult to win many games so as it stands I'd see us as rank outsiders out of the three top teams.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Too many injury plagued players in the squad
Crap scouting I reckon
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think Sutton are favourites , certainly if they beat Eastleigh , our run in looks a bit tougher than theirs.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Little bit hard Bert! It will be disappointing injury news 'if the rumour' is substantiated by the Saturdays team sheet but even then I don't see that the players you feel are 'injury plagued' would have come with particular health warnings. Isn't it far more likely that the National League decision to concertina in a full season starting in October after a material period dithering had far more to do with it ?
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Yes, Dazza!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Bert wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 16:02 Too many injury plagued players in the squad
Crap scouting I reckon
"i reckon"

thanks for your input
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

INSIDE INFORMATION.

Nemane is out for the season and sorry to disappoint everyone but Wright will not play on Saturdsy.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

INSIDE INFORMATION.

Nemane is out for the season and sorry to disappoint everyone but Wright will not play on Saturday.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

INSIDE INFORMATION.

Nemane is out for the season and sorry to disappoint everyone but Wright will not play on Saturday.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

wow, 3 players out for the season and 3 Wrights missing on saturday? This sounds bad.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't think that's inside information its just stating the bloody obvious. Wrights done his hamstring again, and Nemane obviously isn't going to feature.

Its common been mentioned several times that Nemane isn't going to play again this season. One of the rumours was that he suffered some sort of gym accident.

The headline on Devon Live details that Wright has suffered a fresh hamstring injury so it won't take brain of britain to work out that we won't be seeing him either.

Anyway heres a scoop for you.

INSIDE INFORMATION

Torquays squad on bones of their arse yet again as injury crisis never improves it just gets worse. I'll even name Saturdays line up now.

Covolan

Wynter - Sherring -Warren- Lewis

Randell-Hall-Buse-Evans

Waters-Boden

Subs Macdonald-Kozela-Umerah-Slough-Price
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Spot on Brucie,

I see Hartlepool have managed to sign Danny Rowe from Bradford City and Stockport go spending & again for another L1 player
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Probably won't be far wrong with that Brucie , though maybe see Whitfield on the bench hopefully. Be surprised if Gary hasn't brought in someone too (deadline was yesterday wasn't it ) and it's announced on Saturday at 2pm. It will be a miracle if we win the League with our injury list.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Apologies for my cynicism, but wouldn't it be great if Torquay, irrespective of what league they're in next season, signed some players during the summer who will spend more time on the field than on the treatment table. I'm not attacking individuals, but there are certain players who have been picking up a decent salary for doing nothing more than lying on the physio's treatment table. Perhaps more due diligence should be carried out on a player's injury record before they are signed.