Torquay United announces board appointments

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

FFS Southampton do you have any thing positive to say about anyone
I was always taught if you cant say something nice don't say anything
Give it a try
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes. Love the job Johnson is doing. Don't you?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kerswellgull »

Well that's a first anyway
Quite agree
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Now now let's not forget it's Dave's ball & he'll play with it how & when he sees fit,
So go & get your own plaything & stop getting under Mr I know more than you ever will, skin.
Because it doesn't bother him apparently , but I have the knowledge that it does.
Oops
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kerswellgull »

:goodpost: 😀
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I've been behind him from the start so hardly a first.

What people see as me talking shit about club officials is based on solid information and if that means people like yourself having a pop then I'll take it quite happily if it means people understand just who's in it for themselves and not the good of the Club. Colin Lee is the first one I can remember attacking, can't doubt his football knowledge or achievements but his bullying of Simon Baker wasn't what I want happening at the club I love. He tried the same with Louis Higgins and only backed off when I intervened. Bill Phillips was another who was only interested in feathering his own nest to the detriment of the club and one particular member on here who was trying to improve the disabled facilities. Dave Phillips was another, despite believing he had the club's best interests at heart he made some ridiculous decisions that landed us with Osborne. Enjoy the football and success on the pitch but never trust the man. Harrop was inept just like I foretold. Owers was a disaster as I also predicted. Yep I've had plenty to say but was I wrong?

Mel Hayman might be a fan, she might be a lot of things to a lot of people but let's not forget she was in charge of our finances while we were losing £800k a year. She was known to storm out of board meetings in tears and will ride roughshod over anyone who stands in her way, ask Dave Phillips and Harry Kerswell how much she took from them. Yes, she's delightful. Not the sort of person I want running our club.

If these views upset you or anyone else then that's for you to deal with. I was taught to speak my mind and not be put off by negative opinions. Funnily enough nobody has ever tried to take me to task legally speaking, maybe I'm telling the truth. The truth isn't always pleasant but it's still the truth.

Merse and I disagree on just about everything apart from what we want for our club but he has my utmost respect for never shying away from speaking his mind. Put your head above the parapet and snipers will fire away. I'm not worried about people taking pot shots, I'm a big boy 😉
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Teigngull wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 00:16 Now now let's not forget it's Dave's ball & he'll play with it how & when he sees fit,
So go & get your own plaything & stop getting under Mr I know more than you ever will, skin.
Because it doesn't bother him apparently , but I have the knowledge that it does.
Oops
Bless. You and knowledge aren't good bedfellows 😉
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Dave it's not that you have the knowledge, most of us on here have read your posts with the respect the information deserves.
It's the actual fact that you come across all high & mighty & pompous, I don't know you from Adam but the impressions you give is somewhat of an arrogant bully. I get that you are / were in a position of being able to collate bits & pieces of information but you have to stop this high & mighty attitude your portraying of yourself, we're all in it to achieve the end goal with us having a sustainable football league team again.
How we get there is important to me, but I am a Torquay United fan first & foremost & 95% of my interest rests with what's happening on the pitch not who shafted who or what & so & so.
We have a decent manager now who can get the best out of this squad, it's time to pull together , who would've thought this was possible at the end of August ?
What's that Dave ? You did , you knew all of the time !
Football clubs through the ages have been run & owned by some right scumbags & crooks, & have won the feckin lot, & poor little old Torquay who 'did things the right way ' were shafted quite regularly on & off the pitch & we're where we are now , not solely because of it, but it aint helped has it ?
What happened with the ' Phillips ' regime was understandably regrettable but wer'e past that chapter now, we have a chairman/owner who is obviously trying to add value to his product, this is a welcome surprise that we should all cherish.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

How anyone takes what I write is totally up to them, I really couldn't care less. Enough people on this forum know me well enough to know your post is just your take on how I must be because of my writing style. Newsflash, that's your problem.

You can't differentiate between someone passing on information for the benefit of others to someone gloating because he knows something. Information comes my way because people know what I'll do with it and never divulge my sources. People like you make assumptions as to how I should be and think stupid personal insults will actually make me write in a more personable manner, WRONG!! Getting the message out is my only goal. The knowledge is something I never take credit for, as I've said plenty of times before it wouldn't come my way if I wasn't Admin of a forum. If you make the mistake of thinking you'll change anything then think again.

In your own words,you don't know me, how I write gets on your nerves, tough shit mate. You see a bully, people that do know me will tell you I stand up to bullies. You're trying to bully me into changing how I post, good luck with that, you'll need it. I'm not looking to make friends, got more than enough already so accept something you can't change or piss off to wherever you feel comfortable. Other than making me laugh occasionally what do you actually contribute to the forum? Nothing I can see.
People are always welcome to air their views of me, how I'm taken on social media platforms has never concerned me. I'll do whatever I can to help anyone but unfortunately I can't help you to understand that tone in text can be misunderstood and usually is. Toughen up buttercup or you'll be stopping up most nights trying to scare away the big bad wolf.

Enjoy the lofty position that Osborne has seen us 'progress' to but don't take your eye of the ball, there are charlatans inside our club, Mel Hayman should be despised for what she did but just wave a cheque at her and give her a tissue, she'll be fine.

One has to wonder, how could Osborne have known so much about the finances of the club and worked out a way of acquiring the club for such a small outlay. Baffling huh?
Dave

Ksgull123
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Williams

Post by Ksgull123 »

As we know this is a forum and people have different views ....as an accountant you can do the books and advise but when TUFC is leaking that sort of money and advise is not taken then what else can you do to effect it ?
We all know no-ones perfect ... I know Mel well and know her to be a better person than you are suggesting .....i am not a regular poster but do read regularly ... just feel it's time to put down the pitchforks .... let's move on ....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Knowing how her decisions have affected others and plenty of evidence from the messages I'm receiving that paint a different version I can happily agree to disagree.

Funny how several respected fans and former directors want nothing to do with this regime but Mel got into bed with them and that says all I need to know. Now people are rejoicing in the local board blah blah. Bullshit I'm calling it.

Everyone has a life away from the club but for those fortunate enough to work as custodians of the club they need to put the interests of the club before personal gain. Dean Edwards is another that shafted the club, I don't see much difference between them both if I'm honest.

That's my opinion with plenty to back it up if needs be so if Teigngull or anyone else objects to my views and how I express them that's fine, it won't hinder my sleep.
Dave

knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 07:32
Enjoy the lofty position that Osborne has seen us 'progress' to but don't take your eye of the ball, there are charlatans inside our club....

This is the fundamental message to everyone. Yes, absolutely enjoy the current success (by God we've deserved it) but our current owners have a grand plan, they've always had a grand plan and that grand plan is, by whatever means, to make money. I personally remain hugely nervous about what the future has in store and so would just encourage everyone not to get too easily swept along and take the current success on the pitch as a sign the owners can suddenly be trusted.
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kerswellgull »

Of course there is extreme scepticism about Osborne's motives, based on past history
But the questions no one answers is
Where would the club be if he hadn't taken over ?
Why is he continuing to plough money in ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I don't think it's possible to answer that question. We could guess that the worst would have happened but there's every possibility it still might. We can all enjoy a winning team, God knows it's long overdue but it's at the lowest level we've played at as a professional Club. Our natural size as a club "should"ensure we can get out of this level but football doesn't work like that.

In short I'm grateful to be top of the league but with very good reasons I'm sceptical just like the several previous board members that turned down what Miss Hayman so readily accepted. Now there's the usual suspects proclaiming we have our local board. Really?
Dave

greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Hope I'm not being too cynical but could it be that to get the council on Osbornes side it would be more beneficial not being a Southern league club so he needs promotion asap and gives us fans more confidence with him!!