Torquay United vs Forest Green Rovers 10/7/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Concur but we do need building blocks in place. We have two young and inexperienced keepers who we hope will develop over the season. The team is still not fully balanced, suspect we still need another central defender, midfielder and most of all a robust centre forward. Some of these may already have come and gone without signing so there is a degree of pressure on Owers to deliver in order to meet his promises made for the forthcoming season. We cannot afford to be slack over the first few games of the season since too many points could be lost. If we are to bounce back emphatically (as promised) we need to be well ready on August 4 - just 3 weeks from Saturday!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Wolborough wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 10:39 Concur but we do need building blocks in place. We have two young and inexperienced keepers who we hope will develop over the season. The team is still not fully balanced, suspect we still need another central defender, midfielder and most of all a robust centre forward. Some of these may already have come and gone without signing so there is a degree of pressure on Owers to deliver in order to meet his promises made for the forthcoming season. We cannot afford to be slack over the first few games of the season since too many points could be lost. If we are to bounce back emphatically (as promised) we need to be well ready on August 4 - just 3 weeks from Saturday!
I agree with much of what you are saying regarding the recruitment and my concerns are given on the 19-19 Squad thread. I am worried the squad is too small for the stage we are at (filling the bench with academy players illustrates this point) and is also missing very important pieces currently.

However - results should be of little concern in pre-season and calling for the managers head is beyond ludicrous. Judgements should start on game one of the season.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/