Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Haxbyred
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Haxbyred »

Hate to break it you, there’s table going round with us on 43 points, but we are on 46 points (York) and with a better goal difference that’s 10 points ahead of you. There’s no chance your catching York
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Wonder if there will be any police dogs around the ground against Wrexham!!
OzzoRed
Trialist
Trialist

Post by OzzoRed »

York fan here
We aren’t counting our chickens yet but we are 9 points ahead of you with a superior goal difference so it’s unlikely you’ll catch us.
Anyway there’s a large number of us travelling down Friday next week for the game.
What’s the pub situation for us in the centre of Torquay Friday Saturday?
Is it away fan friendly.
The reason I ask is when Wrexham came to us a lot of our city centre pubs wouldn’t let them in on the Friday.
Out of order in my opinion.
I gave them a number of pubs that would welcome them though.
All we want as fans is to enjoy ourselves have a drink & enjoy a weekend and a game of football
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

standupsitdown wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 13:34 I’ve had yet another look –

York & Aldershot are the most likely to catch (to do that we’d almost certainly finish above Yeovil.). Dorking, Gateshead & Halifax are very outside chance of catching now.

Remaining fixtures –

Aldershot:

Yeovil H
Eastleigh A
Scunthorpe H
York A
Wealdstone A (TBA)
Altringham H

York:

Chesterfield A
Halifax H
Torquay A
Aldershot H
Notts Co A

Estimated points before last day excluding York v Aldershot

Aldershot – beat Yeovil & Scunthorpe. Lose to Eastleigh & draw at Wealdstone.
50 points
If lose at York still likely to beat Altringham so finish on 53 points if no slip up.

York – beat Halifax, lose to Torquay & Chesterfield.
46 points
If beat Aldershot 49 points plus what they get from Notts Co last day.

Torquay – if we beat Eastleigh, Maidenhead, York & Altringham but lose at Chesterfield we’d have 49 points going into the last game.

We’d then have a chance of overtaking York but may need to better their result v Notts Co.
To overtake Aldershot we’d probably need them to fail to beat Altringham (who’d have nothing to play for).

To catch Aldershot we’ll probably need five wins and them to fail to win one of their relatively easy home games.

York are the better bet and if we win four of the next five games we may go into the last game, both playing the top two whose positions are already decided, with us needing a better result than York.
Forget all that. York have 46 points.
They’ll probably beat Halifax to move to 49 before playing Aldershot who may well have 50 with Altringham last game.
York v Aldershot still key.
If result goes our way then 5 wins may be enough to keep us up. If not we may need another win a draw unless York or Aldershot slip up on games they’d be expected to win.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Standupsitdown, You have a colour and vivid imagination, will you read me a bed time story ? :rofl: With Aldershot home to Yeovil and Gateshead home to Scunthorpe, there's a scenario this Friday that could see the bottom 4 cut adrift before the fat lady has finished her 3rd Easter egg, let alone warmed her singing voice.

Always the hope that kills.
Formerly known as forevertufc
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Win both Easter games and hope for the best!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

To those York supporters, most Away supporters seem to head to the harbourside before heading up to Plainmoor.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Dave wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 23:14 Standupsitdown, You have a colour and vivid imagination, will you read me a bed time story ? :rofl: With Aldershot home to Yeovil and Gateshead home to Scunthorpe, there's a scenario this Friday that could see the bottom 4 cut adrift before the fat lady has finished her 3rd Easter egg, let alone warmed her singing voice.

Just trying to see if there’s any hope really. Don’t actually expect us to stay up.
I think we’re going to have to win five games and even that may not be enough.
But as you say, if we don’t beat Eastleigh and York & Aldershot win it’s all over.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Dave wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 23:14 Standupsitdown, You have a colour and vivid imagination, will you read me a bed time story ? :rofl: With Aldershot home to Yeovil and Gateshead home to Scunthorpe, there's a scenario this Friday that could see the bottom 4 cut adrift before the fat lady has finished her 3rd Easter egg, let alone warmed her singing voice.

Just trying to see if there’s any hope really. Don’t actually expect us to stay up.
But as you say, if we don’t beat Eastleigh and York & Aldershot win it’s all over.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Taelee73 wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 07:52 To those York supporters, most Away supporters seem to head to the harbourside before heading up to Plainmoor.
....providing that Wrexham's 'fans' haven't demolished all of them over the BH weekend.

:red:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

On the substantive issue, I believe only Aldershot is realistically in the mix with the bottom four now. Can't see us accumulating enough points to threaten them though so, I think we are down but hope we continue to fight right to the end.

Anything but a win tomorrow is a further nail (or two) in the coffin!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

standupsitdown wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 11:00 Just trying to see if there’s any hope really. Don’t actually expect us to stay up.
And Maidenhead....
I said that on Page 17..... :whistle:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

After today’s fantastic win there is a glimpse of hope now. The Aldershot Yeovil draw was the ideal result.

Monday is now huge and I feel like we still need a win at Maidenhead to keep the momentum going. IF we can win there then Yeovil Dorking could be really important. A win for Yeovil would really drag Dorking back into the relegation scrap. Aldershot face a tough away game at Eastleigh. Yorks win at Chesterfield probably means they aren’t catchable. After Monday we will know if we have a chance or not.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Need to beat Maidenhead on Monday, yes. shows how screwed we were that we've won 3 games in a row and still need another one to even comtemplate the idea of safety.

Maidehand probably safe at this point, but they might start to look over their shoulder a bit if we can get that result.

Eastleigh showed today they're a horrible, horrible team, and exactly not the kind of side you want to be against away from home when you need a result, so I could see them beating Aldershot. We probably want Yeovil to beat Dorking on Monday, too. If those three results go the right way it'll start to look really tight down there (even more so if Gateshead lose as well, although they're in great form, so that seems unlikely).

As ever - we just have to take care of the things we have control over. That meants winning monday. If other results, don't go our way, no big deal, we'll just have to beat York on saturday - which we'd need to do anyway.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

happytorq wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 18:49 Need to beat Maidenhead on Monday, yes. shows how screwed we were that we've won 3 games in a row and still need another one to even comtemplate the idea of safety.

Maidehand probably safe at this point, but they might start to look over their shoulder a bit if we can get that result.

Eastleigh showed today they're a horrible, horrible team, and exactly not the kind of side you want to be against away from home when you need a result, so I could see them beating Aldershot. We probably want Yeovil to beat Dorking on Monday, too. If those three results go the right way it'll start to look really tight down there (even more so if Gateshead lose as well, although they're in great form, so that seems unlikely).

As ever - we just have to take care of the things we have control over. That meants winning monday. If other results, don't go our way, no big deal, we'll just have to beat York on saturday - which we'd need to do anyway.
Monday really could be the pivotal point in the season. If results go our way we could be 1 point from safety and 3 points behind Dorking. If results go the other way we could be 7 points adrift with 4 games remaining so effectively relegated.