Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Not condoning spitting tea of any temperature at strangers but i guess it was spur of the moment decision borne out of anger and frustration. Unlike the boneheads who not only deliberately planned to bring in pyrotechnics but did so and let them off.

They are the ones who should be banned for life and get a criminal record. Total mongs.
Paignton_Gull42
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brett Williams

Post by Paignton_Gull42 »

SenorDingDong wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 18:37 Why would Owers lie on the record and say it was 'red-hot'? I'm hardly a fan of his tenure at the club, despite originally supporting him, but it doesn't make sense for him to lie about such a thing.

As for the pyrotechnics, surely someone knows them, just anonymously report them. It's probably the shame shitheads that threw flares onto the pitch at Plainmoor a couple years ago and seem to think they're some kind of crew (...would love to see them go to Millwall or Cardiff).
Gary Owers is a nasty man! He obviously lied to make everyone feel sorry for him maybe to give him a bit of extra time
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

All I can add on coffee/tea gate, and shouldn't be taken as me trying to defend these actions. I don't think it's case of anyone intending to lie. I was looking right at Owers, he did 'not' in anyway react like, or in the way you would expect anyone to, that just had a red-hot drink thrown/split on them.

Also I was talking to the lad moments before, he didn't have a drink in his hand, can assure you he didn't stop buy one either, so guessing he picked it up, suggesting it wouldn't have that hot.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Does it really matter whether it was hot, cold or freezing. Whether it was spat, thrown or whatever makes no difference either. Totally unacceptable and to accuse the manager of lying over what happened is just completely ridiculous.

Perhaps he assumed it was hot because it was tea/coffee and perhaps he was wound up at the time. Honest to god the comments on this forum just get more and more moronic by the minute.
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

From what i saw the bloke threw a clear scrunched up plastic pint glass at owers so cant c it being hot liquid as hot drinks were in white cups and as for the club wanting to know who the bellends that were throwing the flares the herald have done the job for them. The guy holding his phone and his **** mates around him were the ones involved in the trouble.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 19:32 Does it really matter whether it was hot, cold or freezing. Whether it was spat, thrown or whatever makes no difference either. Totally unacceptable and to accuse the manager of lying over what happened is just completely ridiculous.

Perhaps he assumed it was hot because it was tea/coffee and perhaps he was wound up at the time. Honest to god the comments on this forum just get more and more moronic by the minute.
We put up with you no matter how moronic you come across 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

It seems to me that some of you are trying to justify what is an (alleged) assault which I find absolutely indefensible.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Not condoning what has happened, but there is a big difference in throwing a cold drink and a hot drink, and if done in anger rather than premeditation.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

It's indefensible however you package it.
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

We fans lack the voice and power to express our dispair thanks to the arrogance and greed of our owner. Gateman why are you acting like someone hopped the wall and floored him? Desperate times and half a drink was thrown over one the worst mangers to grace the English Riviera. Of course Owers is going to overreact, he needs as much support and sympathy as he can get. These calls of assault etc when we’re talking about one little kid is just distracting us from the real issue here and giving our fans a bad name. We’re a harmless group of Seasiders. COYY
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am not having this twisted interpretation that people are making excuses for the incident as not one post defends the action. brucie loves to manipulate things so he can return to BTPIR to curry favour but it does not impress many who can see through his sad agenda.

It seems fair to discuss what Owers has reported and how this differs from what the chap in question states (and others around him such as forever). I can also accept Owers may have intrepreted the liquid as likely to be hot as if I saw tea coming towards me it is likely that would be my immediate concern as well. What I will not accept is being told we can't discuss the differing opinions on what happened and just take Owers words as definitie. Would be a great way to run the justice system wouldn't it!
Last edited by Richinns on 28 Aug 2018, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

gateman49 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 20:24 It seems to me that some of you are trying to justify what is an (alleged) assault which I find absolutely indefensible.
Explaining the facts rather than adding to the hysteria is far from justifying it. I've already told the guilty party it's possibly going to become a police matter.
Dave

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

leetufc wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 20:45 Not condoning what has happened, but there is a big difference .......if done in anger rather than premeditation.
Not to the victim there isn't.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Anyway, back to other matters. Perhaps Owers could soon be on his way. Harrop has supposedly told an out on loan players wife that he'll bring him back when he takes over picking the side.

Make of that what you will. Third hand information via a wag but it wouldn't surprise me and as much as I dislike the Fatman he couldn't possibly do any worse. Mind you, some said that when Owers took over. That went well ......,.
Dave

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 21:18 Anyway, back to other matters. Perhaps Owers could soon be on his way. Harrop has supposedly told an out on loan players wife that he'll bring him back when he takes over picking the side.

Make of that what you will. Third hand information via a wag but it wouldn't surprise me and as much as I dislike the Fatman he couldn't possibly do any worse. Mind you, some said that when Owers took over. That went well ......,.
Pittman?