Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 10 May 2023, 23:26 Well, if you'd actually bothered to read my post - which you obviously didn't -
I said that he'd been offered a contract by them. :whistle:
🤣 sounds like you are still pretending to be a football agent and attempting to drum up some interest elsewhere 🤔
How many other rumours have you got Mr IT Know ?
I am sure many here will welcome your undoubted expertise on contract offers :bow:
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Good lord there are some sad people in this forum, he simply stated that this is what he was told, you can choose to do what you like with that information.

Seems a bunch if fragile old men who would rather berate others for their posts than actually talking about the topic, how pathetic.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

This petty squabbling is getting boring now !

Of course there will be rumours/ideas and suggestions, I could say I saw Lionel Messi in Sainsbury’s in Torquay so he us en-route.

Can we just cut the bickering, focus on positivity if we can and who knows Southend go bust and we could be in the NL not NLS.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Does anybody really Hope Southend go bust ?
Is this the Hope we are clinging to.
We are deservedly in NLS after a poor season of failure sadly
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Never mind bee it keeps you entertained
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well yes if Southend go bust who cares - I'd happily take staying up, I mean who wouldnt.

Just the same as I wouldnt fawn over Wrexham or applaud them for winning the league, couldnt care less about them.

I havnt got a problem with people posting rumours - I mean its a football forum, if it doesnt turn out to be correct I dont think someone needs to be berated for it.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

No point in berating Brucie Boy just stating something.
Perhaps we should all applaud Johnson for taking us back to the NLS promised land , sorry neither are my style.
However with yesterdays positive signings I have heard from 3 fellow Popsiders all Anti Johnson who on the strength will be renewing their season tickets. Fact not speculation !
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

We're in this division because we finished 4th bottom of a terrible league, we deserve to be here. I don't want any professional club going bust, it's a bit sad if anyone does tbh. Especially as one day it might be our turn.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 May 2023, 14:49 We're in this division because we finished 4th bottom of a terrible league, we deserve to be here. I don't want any professional club going bust, it's a bit sad if anyone does tbh. Especially as one day it might be our turn.
Totally agree Taelee73 but that is the mentality of some unfortunately on here.
Not football fans in my eyes, and very quick to criticise others.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 May 2023, 14:49 We're in this division because we finished 4th bottom of a terrible league, we deserve to be here. I don't want any professional club going bust, it's a bit sad if anyone does tbh. Especially as one day it might be our turn.
While this is - of course - true, I think most of us would be somewhat relieved if we ended up staying in NL. We've had similar reprieves before - remember Stevenage? Also could be worth noting that no team has been relegated from 4th from bottom in NL since 2017/2019. (Aldershot finished 4th from bottom twice since then and both times...didn't go down)

Football clubs are unique in that their poor actions and management seldom have any sort of consequences, and although we absolutely should be concerned about our own house (I've no idea how we're paying Osborne back without him redeveloping Plainmoor), that doesn't mean that other teams should get to skate on responsibilities.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

As someone posted earlier on this site people should be careful what they wish for re Southend United.

If the current chairman pulled the plug on his investment Torquay could find itself in a similar situation.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DevonBee wrote: 11 May 2023, 15:06 Totally agree Taelee73 but that is the mentality of some unfortunately on here.
Not football fans in my eyes, and very quick to criticise others.
I've no desire to see Southend go under.
It would be devastating for the fans, players and the area.
However, they have cheated the system and in that situation time catches up with you, they have been using money that they didn't have and in all fairness, it was an individual tax dodger we'd all be crying out for him to get put in prison.
They have broke the rules with the HMRC and as many of us probably know, they don't take prisoners, so unfortunately may have to pay in football terms - the ultimate price.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 May 2023, 15:31 I've no desire to see Southend go under.
It would be devastating for the fans, players and the area.
However, they have cheated the system and in that situation time catches up with you, they have been using money that they didn't have and in all fairness, it was an individual tax dodger we'd all be crying out for him to get put in prison.
They have broke the rules with the HMRC and as many of us probably know, they don't take prisoners, so unfortunately may have to pay in football terms - the ultimate price.
agree entirely with this. Not wanting Southend (or other clubs) to suffer simply because "Oh, it could be us" isn't a reason to prevent consequences. And if it should somebody happen to our own club we'll have had years of mismanagement to look on as the cause of that demise.

not paying required taxes is a form of theft from everybody in the country, IMO
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Would be total BS if we stay up and Southend get relegated, that'll be a huge injustice, and I don't like injustices at all, it ain't right, on merit we were bottom 4, end of..no sugar coating or phony glossing over it, over the season it was piss poor, we should go down and take it on the chin, own it, and come back stronger.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 11 May 2023, 15:53 Would be total BS if we stay up and Southend get relegated, that'll be a huge injustice, and I don't like injustices at all, it ain't right, on merit we were bottom 4, end of..no sugar coating or phony glossing over it, over the season it was piss poor, we should go down and take it on the chin, own it, and come back stronger.
It would only be an "injustice" to - for example - the fans etc. of Southend.
Not to the people behind the scenes who have mismanaged the club and spent money knowing they didn't have or wasn't theirs.
They have broken the law.
It wouldn't be the first team it's happened to and won't be the last either.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468