Oxford United v Torquay United - 10/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

miltonkeynesgull wrote: Also, hope I'm wrong, but don't really like the way in which Manse seems to be suggesting the fans don't know what they're talking about. Maybe it's a joke and it's just gone flying over my head. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's not aimed at the fans.
Judging by some of the things I've heard shouted from the terraces I think he could be on to something! ;-)
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

It wasn't dreadful, it wasn't great, but Rice and Downes were immense, Oastler and Lathrope a definitive improvement on other games I've seen; Manse was quiet for a game against his old club, Nicho looked defensively suspect after 30 seconds, Jarvis was a poor imitation of a striker, and Thompson annoyed me by staying static when forward runs would have opened up possibilities. £7.50 for one pie and two coffees is a joke, but the beer in the tent at the Priory was very good. Getting out of the car park was not as mind numbing as usual but why oh why do idiot Oxf*ck chav morons insist on trying to get IN to the sodding car park at 5pm on a Saturday, turd-brained cretins. :@
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

stefano wrote: Judging by some of the things I've heard shouted from the terraces I think he could be on to something! ;-)
Very true Stefano! I just happened to be sat in front of two such muppets on Saturday.

We all know the type...know-it-all, frustrated wannabe managers who seem to know exactly where we're going wrong and how we should be playing. Their moronic - and mostly incorrect - comments were incessant, and it took all of my self-control not to turn round and say something.

But Manse, and a to a certain extent Lingy (who seems a little touchy when it comes to this sort thing), have been in and around the game long enough to know that a small percentage - and it is a small percentage - of every club has it's brainless serial whingers and moaners, for whom the club can do nothing right.

To seemingly tar all the Torquay fans with that brush just seemed a tad harsh to me, as on the whole I think we're pretty realistic about who and what we are, but immensely proud of our club, and just want it to do the best it can.

Having said that, we are perhaps getting a bit too gloomy, too early. Yes, the performances have been poor at times. Having been at Oxford and Barnet - and having spent upwards of £100 getting to them - I can testify to that. But it's also clear it's just a temporary thing, and there's been enough decent performances this year to see that there's still a good chance we can do something.