woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Oxford twitter says it was 6th minute and Woking’s says 4th.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Rjc70 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:57 Oh well. We can only do what we can do. Both sides have tough matches on Saturday to think about now. I’d fancy us to do better than they do at Welling, but you never know. They will be buzzing after that goal, just as we were at East Thurrock the other week.
And what happened after the East Thurrock match?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 22:03 And what happened after the East Thurrock match?
Indeed.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 22:03 And what happened after the East Thurrock match?
We left with the 3 points?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 23:48 We left with the 3 points?
Think us losing to Welling was likely the point being made. At least I think that was after the East Thurrock win? Or was it before? Either way, here’s hoping a loss at Welling befalls Woking on Saturday.

Edit: We lost next game as P78 was getting at. But it was to Weston....So long ago now. ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I know, I was being facetious 😏
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Woking where expected to win at Oxford it’s the manner they did which is frustrating. Like a previous post our manner of victory at east Thurrock was no doubt frustrating for Woking fans. This is what happens in football. It’s still in our control and believe me this league will not be decided on the Woking v Torquay match, plenty of twists and turns to come
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You would hope that we might edge ahead of Woking by the time we play them looking at our next 4 and their next 3 (Inc Welling and Bath away) but you never know . They will probably go and win at Welling
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Wouldn't surprise me if they won at Welling now- I didn't necessarily expect them to win at Oxford though.

If we don't end up winning the league we just have to finish second and keep a clear head.

Play off lottery or not two home games against part time teams in quick succession should give us a huge advantage and is within our capability to achieve.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sounds like another fantastic referee last night.

Awarded TWENTY NINE free kicks to Woking in the game with the Oxford manager complaining that they were buying free kicks constantly and the ref was falling for it. Cheap free kick for the winner which he said wasn't a foul.

The referee added on 4 minutes but somehow found another 1 minute 40 seconds on top of that. So in a half of football he added on 8.88% of additional time but in the additional 4 minutes he somehow found an additional 35% of time to add on.

Which ever way you want to swing that it is quite clearly completely farcical - and to top all that there was a suggestion of handball for winner as well. You'll be surprised to know that the ref gave the goal of course as no doubt he will need something to tell his mates today.

Then it all kicked off after the final whistle with Woking celebrating in the Oxford players faces.

Bunch of ****.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

I agree with Brucie! I think Woking will wilt. Even if they don't and they win the league, we would be in pole position for the play offs. We have got our one rogue home game under Johnstone out of the way with the WSM defeat.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If you had added on 35% of additional time in the second half the board would have been showing 15 minutes 75 seconds.

That just goes to show how disproportionate the nigh on extra two minutes he topped onto the additional time was. In fact its nothing short of disgraceful really.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

The referee they had last night was Daniel Lamport - yep the same guy who reffed our Weston game couple weeks ago. I listened to it on BBC radio Surrey - quite decent commentator to be fair. Oxford sounded like they were well drilled after shipping loads of goals recently but they kept giving the ball away and giving away cheap free kicks. Just a very mediocre side Oxford. Both Woking goals seem to have come from set pieces. The pro-Woking commentator even said how Hodges 'bought' the free kick in the dying seconds which I think led to the free kick and resulting goal. I turned off once I heard that they had a chance to knock a ball in the box in the last few seconds - could just see what was going to happen. I know the Woking CB Diarra went off holding his hamstring so every cloud...
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Ticket arrived this afternoon!!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The thing about stoppage time is when the board goes up indicating e.g 4 minutes, this is the MINIMUM amount of time the referee will add on at the end of the 90 , he can still add more for subs, goal celebrations, deliberate time wasting etc, it's at the referees discretion & he is the official time keeper.