Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

robc wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 10:17 Anyone else know if we have any tickets left? Trying to call the ticket office but no answer...
There's contradicting information on the website and Twitter.

Twitter says: "BATH CITY UPDATE | We have just under 100 tickets of our allocation for left to sell before reception closes at 4:30pm today.

The remaining tickets will then go on sale at 9am on Monday. #tufc #yellowarmy"

Website is unclear, says we an call tomorrow (ie today) but it could be written at a different time. https://www.torquayunited.com/away-bath ... ts-update/
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Clubshop always shut on Saturday unless there is a match
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

No doubt Gary will be making the very short trip to Twerton this afternoon. Be a big surprise if Bath don't beat the truly awful East Thurrock and will be well up for the game against us which if they won would put them 4 pts behind. But we will be raring to go too and get at them from the off but this will probably be our toughest test yet
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bath seem to like to play football and if they take us on that will be good for us because if they give our forward players plenty of space they are going to be in trouble.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bath scrape home against the mighty East Thurrock 1-0 after the visitors hit the post in the 82nd minute.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Bath have only conceded 21 goals in 26 games.

So looking forward to next saturday.

Our 10 consecutive wins have seen us score 31 goals and we look so dangerous going forward.

0-2 to United.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 16:54 Bath scrape home against the mighty East Thurrock 1-0 after the visitors hit the post in the 82nd minute.
A win’s a win, brucie. They too are on a decent run presently. Unlike Billericay who are now outside the last play-off place 13 points behind us having played the same number of games after today’s home defeat to Chippenham and their Dec/Jan implosion.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

This game will probably attract the largest gathering of Bath City supporters at a game this season as well as a large number of neutrals. Could be the largest attendance this season in the division.
It is going to be advisable that any Torquay fans planning on going and paying at the gate on the day get there pretty early.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

I admire your optimism Plainmoor78 but its not going to happen. Bath highest attendance this season 1727. Even with an army of Gulls fans the attendance wont break this seasons league high 4582 Billericay vs Chippenham yesterday.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Launceston Gull wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 15:10 I admire your optimism Plainmoor78 but its not going to happen. Bath highest attendance this season 1727. Even with an army of Gulls fans the attendance wont break this seasons league high 4582 Billericay vs Chippenham yesterday.
4582! The figure I've seen is just over 900 and looking at the highlights online there is no way that Billericay had c.4.5k there yesterday.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Launceston Gull wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 15:10 I admire your optimism Plainmoor78 but its not going to happen. Bath highest attendance this season 1727. Even with an army of Gulls fans the attendance wont break this seasons league high 4582 Billericay vs Chippenham yesterday.
Don't know where you got your figures from, 922 according to Billericay o/s. Suspect Vanarama, number of mistakes outrageous! Watch the highlights and you can see there are nowhere near 4500.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Thats the figure posted on the Vanarama National League website ! But hey still dont think the attendance will better our 3863 vs Truro. My opinion.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Sorry United 62 I was writing and didn't see your post!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Getting back to Bath, their 1727 was on Jan 1, against Chip/ham. Presuming the remaining tickets (less than 200 at Bath/Plainmoor), are sold, I can still see a sizeable number of gulls fans turning up without tickets. There could also be Bristol City fans wanting to come as well, as they are at Nottingham. I can see the gate being over 3000 as a conservative estimate. What an advert for this level of football. Let us hope the unruly element behave themselves, and enjoy a match between 2 of the top 3 in the league.