Disgrace Big Time

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yeah..............BIG TIME!! :lol:

Added in 3 minutes 20 seconds:
Maybe it's the poet and playwright Somerset 'Moan' back from the afterlife? o:) o:)
Somerset
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don't know

Post by Somerset »

Southampton Gull wrote:Pointless thread and pointless moan. Next........

Pointless thread, my ass
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So you think the club should be able to control the weather?
Do you think the club should force Braintree to travel, see the game postponed anyway and thus incur their expenses for a game a qualified referee has decided can't be played?
Yes, pointless thread, pointless moan and a pointless response from you.
Next..........

Yorkieandy wrote:Yeah..............BIG TIME!! :lol:

Maybe it's the poet and playwright Somerset 'Moan' back from the afterlife? o:) o:)

I see what you did there, Duke ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Who in the name of sh*t is 'Duke'? :P :Oops:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If you don't live in this area, can assure you right now the rain is coming down in stair-rods, there would have been no chance of getting this game on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Randy Andy, the Duke of..............
Dave

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Somerset wrote:Tomorrow's game being postponed is a disgrace big time as Braintree have now had 3 in a row postponed which is a disgrace big time and a bit of a tragedy, covers should have been put over the pitch to stop it becoming waterlogged, hopefully the next home game will go ahead and there won't be a repeat of 3 in a row at home postponed like 2 seasons ago which was also a disgrace big time.
I wonder how many other games outside the Premier elite will be postponed this weekend? I suppose they will all be a disgrace as well. Daftest post we've had on here for years.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Randy Andy, the Duke of..............
Still don't get it Dave. I've got aspergers man so may be easier if you spell it out. :) :na:

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
York is the only thing I can think of dude other than 'hazzard' .
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It was York ;-)
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Not Pork? 8-]

York are going down anyway. So many similarities to the Torquay FL relegation season it's uncanny.

Maybe i'll support Man Utd now. :)

Man U v Bromsgrove in 5 years. Guarantee it.

Anyway, eyes on results tomorrow and all being well it works out.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... 81#p140281

Yorkieandy wrote:Not Pork? 8-]

York are going down anyway. So many similarities to the Torquay FL relegation season it's uncanny.

Maybe i'll support Man Utd now. :)

Man U v Bromsgrove in 5 years. Guarantee it.

Anyway, eyes on results tomorrow and all being well it works out.

Can you please start supporting Exeter?
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

No. Because of this......

Exeter before tonight had lost 4 on the spin against footballing luminaries such as Dag and Red. Tonight they played admittedly a below strength Liverpool but Liverpool nonetheless. They played them with heart, passion, desire, commitment, determination and all the superlative adjectives you could use to describe 'spunk' in a purely footballing sense. In addition, the tempo and grit was sexy. They effectively 'gegenpressed' the German at his own 'gegenpressing'. They showed what they can do.

Sadly for the Exeter fans, they will never see this performance replicated at any point this season and come Tuesday will be lost forever whilst the very same players revert to league 2 shitness, camera's absent, to lose embarrassingly at Morecambe.

If the players can play as well as they did tonight then why won't the Exeter fans see this kind of performance again? That's footballers for you.

I don't have to curse Exeter by 'supporting' them. Their fans already know they are forking out to pay the wages of selective and disingenuous players. Torquay know only too well where that ends up eventually.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Rant ;-)
Dave

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I see that the instigator of this thread is from Yeovil. I don't think he understands the advantage that Yeovil have with regard to postponements. If we have a hand's width of rain in the 48 hours before a game it's usually off, with the extra finger in Yeovil you will have fewer postponements.

See you in the National League next season Somerset, hopefully we will still be in the top division to play you.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Somerset wrote:Tomorrow's game being postponed is a disgrace big time as Braintree have now had 3 in a row postponed which is a disgrace big time and a bit of a tragedy, covers should have been put over the pitch to stop it becoming waterlogged, hopefully the next home game will go ahead and there won't be a repeat of 3 in a row at home postponed like 2 seasons ago which was also a disgrace big time.
Its posts like this that make me despair at some of the moronic attitudes of our fanbase. Either this is a troll, or an absolute cretin.

Firstly, I couldn't care less that Braintree have had 3 in a row postponed. Absolutely nothing to do with us.

Secondly, the club got lambasted when we called the Wrexham game off around an hour before KO, being called unprofessional and such like and all the keyboard warriors saying we should have called the game off on Friday. Now the club has done that - fair play, they've learned their lessons.

Thirdly - its winter. Games get called off. It happens. I've travelled all the way up to Stockport to have a game called off on the day. I didn't feel the need to call anyone a "disgrace big time"

Fourthly - this works out better for us. The squad is paper thin so it gives Nico more time to try and get some players in. Braintree - a predominantly part time side I believe - not only already have a fixture backlog, but will now have to travel down to us on a Tuesday night. Didn't work out for us last season but that may give us an edge if they are more fatigued.