Spiess

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Unbelievable, I may offer my services even though I haven't played for 2 years i'm in better condition than this guy!!

Spiess was absolutely never good enough, a terrible signing at the time but like others have said he'd be mental to stick around here so all the best to him.

This club is beyond help.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

royalgull wrote:

Unbelievable, I may offer my services even though I haven't played for 2 years i'm in better condition than this guy!!

Spiess was absolutely never good enough, a terrible signing at the time but like others have said he'd be mental to stick around here so all the best to him.

All I can do is hope that this chap won't be Spiess's replacement. Overweight doesn't begun to describe him. But I fully expect it to be him.
Stucolls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Stucolls »

gullintwoplaces wrote:
All I can do is hope that this chap won't be Spiess's replacement. Overweight doesn't begun to describe him. But I fully expect it to be him.
He made a couple of top class saves that day after being brought in at the very last minute for Neville Southall who was so overweight he wasnt medically allowed to play and Kenny Veysey who spent all weekend on the piss with Gibbo so didnt fancy it.

Scott will be the first to admit he is overweight but since he started playing friendlies for the club he has already lost weight, and that can only continue.

His distribution is much much better than Dan Lavercombes, his shot stopping is also up there, but his command of his area and confidence are also big plus points. He'll need to work on speed and agility but thatll come as the weight comes off, which its bound to do the more he trains.

Nobody ever said Big Nev was too fat to play, granted he was a bonafide legend, but he was also the size of a house!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

As each day passes, the rot inside Torquay United gets worse and worse. If this guy is signed it just shows the intent of this current board.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

royalgull wrote:

Thanks for the link to the Legends match.

The reason for Scott's inclusion among them? A leg-end is a foot - the amount round the waist he needs to lose :lol:
TUST member 200 ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:I Know Phil Osborne personally from my own time coaching locally, Phil's a top bloke, if you've got an aspiring young keeper playing grassroots football Phil is a very good coach who will help your child develop, although he was talking about dropping his J4K commitments, is he at the standard to coach professional keepers, that I'm not sure of, next time I see Phil will ask him if he's involved.

:goodpost: Richinns

Totally agree, wish Spiess all the best for the future and don't blame him for wanting out, he joins Hurts on the list of Cox signings screwed over, who's next Marsh ? or Fisher ?

These who booed and slagged and sent general dogs abuse in his direction of Spiess will wish they hadn't if we sign Scott Corderoy, if Lavercombe goes we're well and truly forked, you reap what you sow.
I think you will find that Wigan wanted Lavercombe not Spiess and expect were turned down.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Bleeper wrote:This club is turning into a joke, if it is true this Scott Corderoy is going to be our number 2 then god help us if Dan has an injury.
Fear not. I am ready for the call. Age 62, only a stone overweight, so I must be in with a shout :clap: :lol:
TUST member 200 ;-)
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

we now have saved money on spies and yeoman,perhas enough to bring in somebody of value.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

frenchgull wrote:we now have saved money on spies and yeoman,perhas enough to bring in somebody of value.

lets see who else watcombe wanderers have for us to coup...
Stucolls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Stucolls »

torq2u wrote: Thanks for the link to the Legends match.

The reason for Scott's inclusion among them? A leg-end is a foot - the amount round the waist he needs to lose :lol:
Scott was asked at the last minute to step in as both Veysey and Southall pulled out on the saturday night
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Since it seems that the instant a name gets mentioned on here it becomes gospel and the standard by which the state of the club is judged, I will say nothing more than I saw Petr Cech at Plainmoor the other day. We're gonna win the Premier League, lads!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote: I think you will find that Wigan wanted Lavercombe not Spiess and expect were turned down.

Indeed Arcadia, I have been well aware of Wigan's interest and that's what I was referring to :) and very well aware of Bolton's position.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well he not going to another club on any kind of transfer fee...If he was they would say that from the roof tops...what a mess
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It seems Spiess is going to Alfreton a little different to Wigan.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote:It seems Spiess is going to Alfreton a little different to Wigan.
Apart from DJ gull who did to be fair say it was wild gossip, not one person has said anything about Spiess going to Wigan.
Formerly known as forevertufc