Young

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Depending on match fitness, Luke Young could be back for the last 7 games of the season.
Barring any set backs, it has been reported, that he could be ready for the Gateshead game!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I wouldn't put too much pressure on him though - he'll be totally lacking in match fitness before you even consider the physical and mental condition that he'll be in after such a serious and lengthy injury.

Anything we get from him this season will be a bonus, but having him back for the whole of April (7 games) could be a massive boost to us if he's anywhere even close to last season's form. Even a few appearances at the right time could make a huge difference in a relegation fight where every point matters.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gulliball wrote:I wouldn't put too much pressure on him though - he'll be totally lacking in match fitness before you even consider the physical and mental condition that he'll be in after such a serious and lengthy injury.

Anything we get from him this season will be a bonus, but having him back for the whole of April (7 games) could be a massive boost to us if he's anywhere even close to last season's form. Even a few appearances at the right time could make a huge difference in a relegation fight where every point matters.

Preferably the start of last seasons form. I do worry about the amount of expectation on the young mans shoulders. He is suffering the the usual problem of a players ability increasing in line with the amount of time they are out injured!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

If true this could be a good boost towards the end of the season. Whilst I agree we shouldn't put too much pressure on him or expect him to start games given his lack of match fitness and time out, he could be a useful addition to the squad.

I would see his potential role as an experienced and quality option from the bench for the final 15-20 mins to help see out games we are winning or offer additional creativity if we are trying to find a goal
Seegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Seegull »

Hi All
Had a chat with him on Saturday and he's hoping to make the squad Easter Monday but probably not available until Gateshead.
If we had reserve football or u21s (lol) he could of made Dover.Lets hope we are in a position to use him wisely.
Coyy
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »