Bristol rovers face a fine or WORST

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I reckon they'll get a fine, most or all of whcih will be suspended.

There is no chance at all of a points deduction and nor should there be.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

This could end up being typical Torquay! Stevenage's crap ground, a dog bite, opposition fans invading the pitch in a game not involving us after we've already been relegated? Could be perfect!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

There is no way on God's earth that they will get a points deduction for a pitch invasion. A fine is most likely. At worst they might have to play a game behind closed doors.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

The 'hefty fine or worse' is clearly to be levelled at the pitch invaders, once identified.

Straws being clutched at here!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

jonnyfive wrote:The 'hefty fine or worse' is clearly to be levelled at the pitch invaders, once identified.

Straws being clutched at here!
I also don't think that there will be a points deduction, however the BBC have not written the quote in its entirety (what a shocker!!) and the statement (found here: http://mobile.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/ ... 19637.aspx ) clearly stated that the CLUB could have a hefty fine or worse levelled at them by the FA.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Not that I think this kind of behaviour is right in any way, but watching their goal and the subsequent celebration on th FL show, my only thought was how that could have been us, and how I wished to again be part of such a moment.

So no points deduction for celebrations, a fine I'd imagine.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Scott Brehaut wrote: I also don't think that there will be a points deduction, however the BBC have not written the quote in its entirety (what a shocker!!) and the statement (found here: http://mobile.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/ ... 19637.aspx ) clearly stated that the CLUB could have a hefty fine or worse levelled at them by the FA.

Fair do's Scott. The BBC article gives the wrong impression, but an altogether more likely outcome.

It would be scandalous to deduct points for a pitch invasion, and it won't happen.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's happened before, but not in England, so far as my Googling knows:

AEK Athens relegated as a result...

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1 ... on?cc=5739

Monaco deducted points, but no deduction...

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1 ... on?cc=5739

It won't happen here, I shouldn't think. This is nothing like as serious an invasion as the Athens one. Still, we live in hope. All the more reason to beat Wycombe on Saturday.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ferrarilover wrote:Still, we live in hope. All the more reason to beat Wycombe on Saturday.
We'd ruin it by some going on the pitch afterwards. :'(

I really can't see Rovers getting a points deduction. This straw shouldn't be clutched.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

if it was to happen and we needed a win, you can be sure we'd lose Saturday anyway!
The gulls are going up
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I don't think they'll get a points deduction just a fine IMHO. I'm not holding out any hope and, in any case, can't they appeal? It'll drag on for ages if it went to it. No, Conference are where we are and that's that.
Oblivion!!!!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

To be honest I am not sure that I would want Rovers to suffer a points deduction for this. From my memory the worst that happened to Millwall, whose fans are the scum de la scum, only ever had their ground closed for much worse offences than Rovers. I love the Gulls, but would not want to see us saved by an unfair points deduction. Now if a team near the bottom is found to have played an ineligible player, that would be different.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Somebody ought to mention this: the title of this thread should read: 'Bristol Rovers face a fine or WORSE'.. :-D

Mind you, this is not the WORST example of bad spelling I've seen, though I have seen WORSE.. =D
Last edited by Gullscorer on 01 May 2014, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote:Somebody ought to mention this: the title of this thread should read: 'Bristol Rovers face a fine or WORSE'.. :-D
Couldn't be arsed but I knew somebody would ;-)