Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I have made a similar comment on another thread :

If Bodin can make the Welsh U21 International squad, there must only be 10 other people aged under 21 in Wales who can play football 8-o
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arcadia wrote: I know where your coming from but I don't think any manager has got the best out of him, there are several ways. Looking at his swanky run I would frighten him till he he put more, I can see the same as you all but I believe there is a better player in there somewhere. Remember he's 22 not 30.
a bit harsh i know!

to be fair, at least he was trying last night. the only thing was when he got in good positions and had the chance to shoot he didnt.
his distribution wasnt bad, but on occasions he picked the wrong pass.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We are all frustrated with whats gone on this season, I would have tried Billy as in the hole in a 4-5-1 but we needed a Howe up front who had a good first touch we've really missed him. I could imagine Billy getting quite a few penalties by defenders trying to get the ball off him. Benyon dives Bodin would be fouled.Referee's know Benyon well and he gets nothing. :keepie:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The tricky part is the we would have to offer him a contract on the same terms as he is now to get any compensation if he moves elsewhere. In the last two years he hasn't lived up to the hype of his first loan spell, but has shown glimpses of quality. Given how hard it is to attract quality players to TQ1 I would offer him a new one year deal on the same terms he is on now. Then we either line up with him in August or we get some of our money back on him. He is still a promising youngster, U21 international and we have spent £70k on him, plus put two years of development into him, so we should get a reasonable fee for him at a tribunal.

If cutbacks have to be made on the budget then there are players I would rather see leave than Billy. Mansell and Nicholson signed 2.5 year contracts on the back of golden form when they each made the L2 team of the season and we nearly got promoted. Now, three years older their form is nowhere like the same and so if we have to reduce the wage bill then they are probably our two highest earners and might allow us to keep hold of some of the other higher earners who can offer more to the side next year, such as Downes, Pearce, Poke etc.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Gulliball wrote:The tricky part is the we would have to offer him a contract on the same terms as he is now to get any compensation if he moves elsewhere. In the last two years he hasn't lived up to the hype of his first loan spell, but has shown glimpses of quality. Given how hard it is to attract quality players to TQ1 I would offer him a new one year deal on the same terms he is on now. Then we either line up with him in August or we get some of our money back on him. He is still a promising youngster, U21 international and we have spent £70k on him, plus put two years of development into him, so we should get a reasonable fee for him at a tribunal.

If cutbacks have to be made on the budget then there are players I would rather see leave than Billy. Mansell and Nicholson signed 2.5 year contracts on the back of golden form when they each made the L2 team of the season and we nearly got promoted. Now, three years older their form is nowhere like the same and so if we have to reduce the wage bill then they are probably our two highest earners and might allow us to keep hold of some of the other higher earners who can offer more to the side next year, such as Downes, Pearce, Poke etc.
Just don't think we will be able to afford him on what is bound to be a vastly reduced budget. I would imagine he is on a fairly decent wage at League 2 level given that we paid £70k for him and were in competition for his signature with League 1 Crewe and not only that but I reckon Uncle Martin (Lingy) would have looked after him as well.

His stock has definitely fallen since then, in my opinion, with his lack of goals a major worry. Quite simply, I don't think, even allowing for his potential, that he is worth blowing what would be a fairly large part of our budget on such an inconsistent performer. It would be galling I admit to see him walk away for free and certainly I would agree with you that I would rather keep him than some of our other higher earners such as Mansell, Nico and even Poke to be honest ... none of whom have youth on their side.