shaun cooper- Signed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:cooper according to my mate who is a bournemouth fan says he is class and is best at full back or centre half, im sorry chaps but we want some changes and now hargreaves is giving us that, let the guy do his work.players will come and go, and by the way stockley has arrived.
Is super Cooper on loan or contract until season end or even longer RR?

Happy with both him and Stockley (remember we are yet to see him fully fit)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

It is the same Cooper that played preseason, same game as Scott Rendell. He'll have highish wages though.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Superb signing if it goes through. Experience and class.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This place is **** hilarious.

Spend the whole pre-season slating Knill for not signing Cooper. Spend the next 4 months slating Knill for droppibg Nico, but also slating Nico for his dreadful attitude/hopeless performances. Spend that same 4 months slating Cruise for being a poor replacement. Then slate the new manager for signing Cooper.

**** me, can you not hear yourselves?

Cooper, as you'll recall, was the best footballer we saw in pre-season and we missed out on him because of the money he was offered at Pompey. Forget what Knill might have said about being too small, that's a load of bollocks designed to protect the club.
If we get Cooper (and, despite RR's chequered record in this department, I think it's a distinct possibility :devil:), he will be better than what we've already got.

As for the daft 'post before thinking' idea that he's not needed, as TeenageGull correctly asserts, we'll be signing a gaggle of players this month, not just one.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

ah matt, welcome! its fact mate he is here, and you are correct when you say you cant believe people on either, well neither can i , hargreaves has been here for 2 days and has started making changes and guess what there still not happy. and richinns the answer to your question is i dont know if its a loan or a permanent but he is here as ive just helped him with his bags!
Last edited by ROADRUNNER on 08 Jan 2014, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

ferrarilover wrote:This place is f**king hilarious.

Spend the whole pre-season slating Knill for not signing Cooper. Spend the next 4 months slating Knill for droppibg Nico, but also slating Nico for his dreadful attitude/hopeless performances. Spend that same 4 months slating Cruise for being a poor replacement. Then slate the new manager for signing Cooper.

**** me, can you not hear yourselves?

Cooper, as you'll recall, was the best footballer we saw in pre-season and we missed out on him because of the money he was offered at Pompey. Forget what Knill might have said about being too small, that's a load of bollocks designed to protect the club.
If we get Cooper (and, despite RR's chequered record in this department, I think it's a distinct possibility :devil:), he will be better than what we've already got.

As for the daft 'post before thinking' idea that he's not needed, as TeenageGull correctly asserts, we'll be signing a gaggle of players this month, not just one.

Matt.

To be fair I haven't been happy about the pasties for a VERY long time !
james707
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by james707 »

Very very good, he might be small but has a football brain and looked so comfortable on the ball during pre-season. Very happy if this one happens :)
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Cooper is versatile and experienced, it's exactly what we need.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I have not suggested that the signing of Cooper is a silly or a pointless one, nor have I said that Hargreaves doesn't know what he is doing. Cooper may be a good signing, but if he was to replace Nicholson, I think that is unfair due to his very good performance last Saturday. I said that it's not a move which is priority in my opinion as our attack needs more improvement than our defence with the back four of; O'Conner, Pearce, Downes and Nicholson and not dismissing the work of Hargreaves bringing in Cooper.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Where will he play? Centre of defence and midfield are the two areas our squad is strongest in - perhaps left back? Does anyone know which is his favoured foot?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:I have not suggested that the signing of Cooper is a silly or a pointless one, nor have I said that Hargreaves doesn't know what he is doing. Cooper may be a good signing, but if he was to replace Nicholson, I think that is unfair due to his very good performance last Saturday. I said that it's not a move which is priority in my opinion as our attack needs more improvement than our defence with the back four of; O'Conner, Pearce, Downes and Nicholson and not dismissing the work of Hargreaves bringing in Cooper.
"very good performance last Saturday." did you not see him for the whole of the season, absolute shite unfortunately
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

TeenageGull wrote: "very good performance last Saturday." did you not see him for the whole of the season, absolute shite unfortunately

He didn't play very well at the beginning of the season and was rightly dropped. He had a falling out with Knill and never got a game after that. Against Morecambe with Geoff Harrop in charge, he got his chance again and played very well. That to me suggests that he has still got the skill, passion and determination and deserves to be in the starting XI.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

ROADRUNNER wrote:ah matt, welcome! its fact mate he is here, and you are correct when you say you cant believe people on either, well neither can i , hargreaves has been here for 2 days and has started making changes and guess what there still not happy. and richinns the answer to your question is i dont know if its a loan or a permanent but he is here as ive just helped him with his bags!
Is he moving in with you RR? :clap:
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

TeenageGull wrote: "very good performance last Saturday." did you not see him for the whole of the season, absolute shite unfortunately
I wouldnt say he looked that good on Saturday either. Caught too far forward several times and couldnt get back which cost Downsey a yellow and to be honest, looked no better than before he was dropped. If Cruzy was fit, I doubt he would have started.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

If Cooper arrives then great,a footballer at last.