How many of you are actual fans?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I can only assume that you are frustrated by shelling out money to watch that debacle and need to try and hit out at someone.
I have only seen two home games this season but I have seen enough to form the conclusion that we are a shambles.
God knows how bad we were today but it appears we were shocking. What exactly is wrong with Pearce anyway?
Results have been poor but those matches have now gone. The issue is how are we going to get more points over the next few games?
We have Cruise at centre half who is a liability. Half our team is made up of 19 year olds. Our western league keeper is getting worse every week and we cannot score goals. Our manager judging by his radio interviews has gone stark raving mad. Our players demand transfers the minute they are dropped. Our fringe players get hammered frequently in reserve games., Our best player needs knee surgery.
So if the fans stick together howon earth is that going to get us any more points?
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Working my ass off to keep this site online at 11pm at night on a Saturday, when I've already put 50 odd hours into my day job this week, for people to just moan on here. OK I don't make it to every game to call myself a loyal supporter but come on guys loyal supporters and exiled, let's show some support for the club we follow.

Rant over. Hate fixing the site hiccups.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Louis wrote:Working my ass off to keep this site online at 11pm at night on a Saturday, when I've already put 50 odd hours into my day job this week, for people to just moan on here. OK I don't make it to every game to call myself a loyal supporter but come on guys loyal supporters and exiled, let's show some support for the club we follow.

Rant over. Hate fixing the site hiccups.
So essentially, you are suggesting supporters ignore the peril the club finds itself in. Just be nice instead. Be positive.

Ok, erm, what about exactly?
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Never said to be nice or positive, just to show some support.

The players, the board and our rivals all read this site.

If fans are slating our team, players, manager and board then it doesn't help team morale.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Whilst I agree with you in essence, I think we should cut Louis some slack. I am sure running this site can be a pain in the a**e, that said, you'd have to be present today to believe just how bad it was.

On the original point, I have no problems with moaning, as long as its articulate and rationalised, supporters are at their most passionate when they are shooting from the hip. No one takes any pleasure seeing us in this position I'm sure, they post their frustrations because it hurts them in the heart and they want to see it change.

You go to games, you're a fan, no better no worse, no less worthy of an opinion than the bloke or lass next to you.

Contrived and baseless nonsense is what needs to be eradicated and that is different from negative but well-founded reasoning.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The players read the site? Excellent:

Lee Mansell, you're a **** donkey, accept it and bow out graciously while you have even a shred of support left on the terraces.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Karl Hawley

Post by TufcHills »

One thing that drives me crazy is when people sit on here saying how bad we are and were a shambles and then they so 'oh I wasn't at the game today' unless you were at the game how can you sit behind your computer slating how bad we are.

Today yes we were terrible but how many of you who say we need to stick behind the team will turn up at Wycombe? I'll certainly be there, mainly because I'm doing England Friday night but we may have been terrible today but there's been games this season we have shown signs of quality and pure brilliance on the pitch, anyone who watched our 2nd half performance at Northampton will know what I mean.

Our biggest loss today was Downes and Pearce, I think with them it was a different story today, certainly from the conceding side of the game, as attacking goes Azeez looks promising already showed so much more than Ball ever did and Chappell and Bodin (who is improving slightly) are getting ever more dangerous going forward.

Give the team time, I hate to say it but if we can just avoid going down it will be a successful season considering it's a new team and new management, then maybe something a bit stronger next season.

I now expect to be shot down and slated by all the negative posters on here who don't allow anyone to have an opinion
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm a ST holder, I miss precious few away games, I go to women's games, youth games, U21 games and reserve games home and away. I work a few hours here and there for the club and I actively promote the club wherever I go.

Does my level of support mean I'm allowed to say we were shit for the last hour of the match today?

Matt.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I, too, am hopeful that things will work out. I believe, at the moment, that Knill and Brass are the right combination for us and yes , as upsetting as it is, this will have to be viewed as a transformation season with a promotion push next year.
All I want is to avoid another trip into non-league because next time there will be no return.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You're bloody right there won't. We'd fold if we went down. I reckon (with the greatest respect to her) that Thea would take back her money and run. I wouldn't blame her one little bit. Relegation simply isn't an option. As it happens, I don't think it'll come to that, but we will have to work hard to ensure it doesn't.

Matt.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

I genuinely think some people havnt got anything better to do on a saturday afternoon than moan. When you got complete tools slating our players, nicho in particular whilst hes taking a throw about the loan situation, is that really gunna help? Do you actually know the whole deal?

In the pop, nearer the family stand, there really are some laughable characters. Pathetic in fact, probably never kicked a ball in their life, and frankly know sod all about the game. F**** this and that every other word, just no need for it.

Yes we were shambolic today, and have been alot over this season , but getting on their backs so early in the game/season isnt really gunna help our cause us it. Its not like we were even losing in the 1st half either and people are moaning.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

see you at Wycombe then Matt? I'm quite looking forward to that game......I think we have to play better than we did today ! And it's all ok, everyone...AK said on Radio Devon that the fans had a right to be critical of yesterday's performance. Personally , I thought that Gilbert did better than Manse & Bodin together, but I'm not going to keep on about it.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Burnz, you stand near me. The -------- with the mouth was Bartlett, I'd rather ------------- but it seems that was all a beautiful dream.

Taxi, you'll see me there. Odd you mention Bodin in a negative context, I thought he did well today in the main.

Matt.
Last edited by Louis on 06 Oct 2013, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Complaints received
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

OK You Lot. I have heard so much crap this last few weeks about how we on one hand have a brilliant on paper squad and the next minute it's relegation fodder and calling for players heads. AK's head et al.
I was actually on the way down to Plainmoor and was past Bristol when I had a phone call.
My best mate (we are near enough the brothers each other never had). Was in hospital in Southampton. Although he is not a Torquay supporter he stood with me on the terrace at Salisbury all those years ago as we gave our best to overturn them to get back in the league. I well remember the game. Penalty saves, misses and all sorts of things that make a match so individual. We talked football and how things have changed, He is an ex West Ham fan. although how he picked them I have no idea.
Steve lost his wife to cancer 4 years ago and then found a new love. he married her some 2 1/2 years ago. It will be a short marriage.
He found out he had cancer only 6 months ago. he has tumours in his kidney and Liver. 3 months ago he told me it had spread to his bones.
This morning I had a text on my phone to say phone home. I was told by my wife that he had been taken to Southampton last week very ill. he had fallen while out on a trip to Belgium. he hurt his shoulder and over the next week it got progressively worse. He went to the hospital and was told the cancer had spread to the bones in his shoulder. He is on Morphine.
I diverted off the M5 and went straight to Southampton.
He lay there looking so thin and gaunt. His skin yellow and dark. His liver now only just coping but gradually giving up the ghost.
I don't know how long he has left but we are all praying for a miracle.
I have only just got home at midnight to open up the forum and find some of you on the same old rant as normal.
Yes I heard we had lost 3-0. But get a life, and realise that football is a game, It's not life and death. I know Bill Shankly said it was more important than that. But he obviously had a twisted sense of humour. Life is way more important than football. stop behaving as if life came second to the game.
all it shows is how some of you have life's priorities so twisted and in the wrong order. I doubt any of you do your jobs perfectly either. why not sack yourselves.
I know some of these guys and I can tell you. a defeat hurts like hell. Manse for one is like a bear with a sore head after days like today and sometimes he takes it personally. he really cares. he loves Torquay United like most of you do. Not many players who don't come from the area fall in love with a club like Lee did. and Nicho did too. they don't want to lsoe any more than you want them to. Personal insults do no favours to anyone. I bet you would not appreciate it at your place of work.
The start of this post said it all. We really do need to stick together. We need to shout encouragement from the terraces .
That has nothing to do with rose tinting. it's to do with trying to lift the players when things go wrong.
If you had a bad day at work and it affected you. how do you think you would feel if you then got home to find the wife and boss slagging you off on a forum or even at work.
And even though One fan who I won't name is well known as a complete bell end. Even I would not wish cancer on him. I watched what cancer can do this afternoon. it's not to be used even lightly in any context with the game except to offer support to those who have it.
Sorry for this rant. But looking at my best mate lying on that hospital bed really hurt and then looking at this drivel made me quite
angry.!! :@
Last edited by Glostergull on 06 Oct 2013, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

ferrarilover wrote:Burnz, you stand near me. The !@?& with the mouth was Bartlett.
Bizarrely, I thought he was stewarding these days. If not, there's a steward that looks just like him.
TUST member 203