Priority period(for season tickets)expires today

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

sam wrote:No Austrian, that is magnificent, well done. Did you go to that great seat of learning at Tweenaway as well.
Haha, not quite Sam. I went to a grim northern comp in a yorkshire mining village. :'(

What is tweenaway anyway? It sounds like the Tweenies go on holiday DVD to me! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
sam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: downes

Post by sam »

Paignton Secondary Modern School for Boys, my alma mater. Expectations of the kids was so low you couldn't take GCE's only CSE's. Bloody good at sport though and the school football teams were noted for their deft skills and adherence to the beautiful game.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

sam wrote:Paignton Secondary Modern School for Boys, my alma mater. Expectations of the kids was so low you couldn't take GCE's only CSE's. Bloody good at sport though and the school football teams were noted for their deft skills and adherence to the beautiful game.
You must be younger than me then, sam. They were crap when I used to play them ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: downes

Post by sam »

I'm 60 and was right back in the team that had the fabulous Bryan Helley in goal. How he never made the league I never know. Mike Griffiths, the most capped Devon player ever, in midfield, Dave Harrison, Tony (Bowyers) Pook, Pete Leins, Roland Young and many others who became very good local players. I stayed the same as I was when 14 (could tackle and kick ball a long way) and never got above Chudleigh Athletic reserves, Chudleigh Knighton etc and then started squash at 21. It was an exceptionally good year.