PSF: Torquay United v Tiverton Town, 24/07/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

ferrarilover wrote: Not sure what Mr Rachii will make of this...

Matt.

Mr Rachii? I think you mean Mr Maltz!! :~D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Sat in/on Bristow's Bench for all of the first 5 minutes then decided the sun in the face and heat were too much.

Then me and Aussie (to please the pedants, Aussie and I :-D ) went over to the Popside and watched the rest of the game sat down level with the Babbacombe End 18 yard box. I thought Macklin did well 2nd half and when clean through with time to pick his spot, should have buried that particular chance. Won't hold that against him though. I'm not sure, but was it from one of Macklin's shots that Stevens picked up the scraps and buried his goal in off the post ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
sneapy1994
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by sneapy1994 »

yeah i thought macklin played very well!
had a cracking shot from outside the box, which got tipped over the bar by the gk.
made some great passes, runs, an assist...

very well played macklin!

finally pulled ya finger out!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Macklin had a good pre season last season aswell. Remember he tore Exeter apart last pre season and after that he got an atitude and didnt play.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Stevens to become our goal machine of 2012/2013?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

uh.. no. probably not..
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I suspect Hereford will come back in for Macklin when they miss other targets (as most cubs our size often do).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Gullscorer wrote: Our leading scorer so far..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

any idea how many were there last night??
still keeping the faith
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Did we have this mysterious trialist play last night? Seems to be a distinct lack of info coming out of this game - did anyone actually go?!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

five page report on new OS
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Thought I should say a few words on the game, first of all from what Jeff said, there were two players that were down as subs on the team sheet. I did not recognise the names, they may have been youth team players or two that were on trial I'm not sure. Does anyone have an answer to this? I try and go on the new OS but as soon as I click on the Torquay 2 v 0 Tiverton it takes me onto the new kit!

Anyway as for the game, it was all around a bit dull. The first half was very scrappy with us putting a few passes together but not really going anywhere. Manse was defintley off the pace, playing a few mis placed silly passes. Nicholson was the best player on the pitch for me. Defending solidly and linking up with players brilliantly (especially bodin) and played in some terrific crosses. Yeoman had an ok game, he got his head up a little more, instead of running around the whole pitch doing nothing. His goal was good, 20 yard strike into the bottom corner, but the keeper really should have saved it. Downes had a decent game, cleared the ball very well and tackled with strength. He was very strong on and off the ball and communicated well. I hope we get to see him play along Saah before the opening game of the season.

In the second half, first of I decided to sit in the family stand because it was so hot in the new stand! Anyway onto the football and again it was a little scrappy with no team on top and we played some sloppy passes with Lathrope (I think it was) being the most memorable sloppy passer. However he (and others) linked up with Macklin who showed up his lighting pace and skill he has on the ball. Beating players with ease and playing in some decent crosses. He did miss a glorious chance, one on one with the keeper and kicking the ball right at the Tivvy keeper and his chance was saved. That cant dampen his performance though in my opinion, he showed us all that he has got the ability. I hope that he pulls his finger out and bucks up his ideas about football, his career at Torquay United and his career in football altogether. Danny and Morris had a good game, with Cruise matching that with a solid performance. Saah was the best man on the pitch in the second 45, totally solid and cleared away danger with confidence, ease and with super ability. A total rock in our defence. As for Danny's goal, I can't really remember it, but in vage memory I think he linked up with Craig and got himself in a good position to score.

I won't go on any longer as it was couple of days ago, but all in all it wasnt a good performance altogether and I hope (and think) Lingy knows that too. But we've got a lot of time yet and I still think we'll do a good job this year and I think we'll see better performances in the friendlies ahead.
Last edited by Colorado Gull on 26 Jul 2012, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Artemi was the trialist with whom we were linked in the week leading up to the game and Sullivan is one of our kiddies, just like Hutchins.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Thanks for that Matt.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.