Tom Cruise signs for the gulls

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'm quite satisfied with this signing.

Although its a bit of an arsenal cliche, having been so close to the Gunners first team you know he'll have been "schooled the right way". I'm expecting to see a player comfortable with the ball at his feet. The fact that he has played in the champions league, as well as for a top half L1 side in Carlisle, suggests that he has what it takes to cut it at this level.

From Lingys comments, I expect to see us sign another centre half sometime soon. It seems Cruise is the new LRT, and we are yet to replace Ellis in the first team. I'd like to see something of a brute sign to give us a strong spine. Someone like Marcel Seip would seem to fit the bill.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Well it defintley isn't mission impossible (I'll get my coat in a sec!) seems like a good signing, I hope he does a good job at TUFC :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A have to make a song with this theme tune for him though! :~D (alright, I'm going, I'm going!).
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Taxi for Mr Cruise!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/1 ... axi-taunt/

Can't say that I remember this? Hopefully he will have better days at Plainmoor next season than the one he did that day! :~D
Last edited by CP Gull on 27 Jun 2012, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Could be a top signing this. Highly thought of when at Arsenal and I believe played a couple of Carling Cup games for them? Exciting!

EDIT - seems he did not make an appearance for Arsenal but was definitely in the squad for a couple of Carling Cup games.
Last edited by Richinns on 27 Jun 2012, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Also provides excellent cover at LB which is exactly what Ling was after. My initial reaction is this is a great replacement for Ellis and we now have a right and left footed pairing at CB's if needed. We also have the luxuary of bringing an experienced CB and have Tom chomping at the bit to displace him in the team.
Last edited by Richinns on 27 Jun 2012, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

He was the fella that lost his footing that led to Eunan scoring in the Carlisle cup game.

As a number 3 choice I think it's a decent signing. I know a bit about him from his CUFC links and he had a fairly mixed response up there. I think a lot of fans were pleased to see him go, in fact, but he's obviously got ability, and I back Lingy to get it out of him.

Good to hear we're still looking out for a replacement for Ellis though.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Happy with this. As Jeff alludes to, you'd fancy his touch/control of the ball to be of a decent standard. Good stuff, and good luck Tom!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I remember him playing for Carlisle - he was appalling and got taken off - he is no Ellis thats for sure.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

brucie wrote:I remember him playing for Carlisle - he was appalling and got taken off - he is no Ellis thats for sure.
Amazing!!
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

Crikey quite stunned at this - more like this and we could be in for a very promising season ahead. Also has had a few caps with England U16, U17 and U19's!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cruise_(footballer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;-)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Bearne1 wrote:Crikey quite stunned at this - more like this and we could be in for a very promising season ahead. Also has had a few caps with England U16, U17 and U19's!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cruise_(footballer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;-)
Hasn't been afraid to travel to find football - Sampdoria and New England Revolution!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote:I remember him playing for Carlisle - he was appalling and got taken off - he is no Ellis thats for sure.
brucie in negative tweet shocker.

honestly, we could sign Messi and brucie would complain that he's not tall enough and he doesn't track back.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bearne1 »

happytorq wrote: brucie in negative tweet shocker.

honestly, we could sign Messi and brucie would complain that he's not tall enough and he doesn't track back.
Do not come on here very often as do not have the time but seeing his constant negativity must be a way of attention seeking!
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bearne1 »

Jeff wrote: Hasn't been afraid to travel to find football - Sampdoria and New England Revolution!
Yes saw that, needs somewhere to settle down and hopefully find some decent form (and no injuries!).

Perfect recruit from where i'm sat but only time will tell I guess.

Mr Ling certainly has his contacts.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Richinns wrote:Could be a top signing this. Highly thought of when at Arsenal and I believe played a couple of Carling Cup games for them? Exciting!

EDIT - seems he did not make an appearance for Arsenal but was definitely in the squad for a couple of Carling Cup games.
On the OS it says he played in the champions league against Olympiakos?