New Signing - Ryan Jarvis --- Merged Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Never heard of him ......... :whistle:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who's Ryan Jarvis?! My footballing knowledge about obscure players is not good so therefore i have an excuse for having never heard of him. That said, an extra body upfront that isn't McPhee would be most, most welcome and i hope he signs. It's great to think of McPhee as simply an extra 'body'. He could effectively be a human mannequin but in footballing terms where he just gets stuck up top with a yellow shirt on or in the centre of midfield forcing the opponents to go round him. I like this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Hector (just ahead of rumurchap!) was right.

Confirmed here:

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,, ... 38,00.html

I believe Jarvis is out of contract in the summer and presumably isn't going to be offered a new deal - given that Walsall are happy for him to see out the rest of his contract with us. I would imagine then it's pretty much a 3 month prove yourself type of arrangement with the possibility of a contract offer from us at the end of it. Given his (apparently) poor form, lack of confidence and shortage of goals it's an ideal opportunity for Jarvis to prove the doubters wrong, working for a Manager he has had some success with in the past. Let's hope it works out well for both parties.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

I have a friend that plays in the first team at Walsall - his response to my query on Ryan Jarvis was "too slow, too lazy, not fit for BSP unless he changes his ways".

Now it may be that he needs the right leadership, motivation etc so let's hope that Mr Ling is Mr Motivator. He was considered to be too heavy on the wages side as well for his endeavours at Walsall so not sure if we're paying his wages in full - of course it could be that my mate thinks that £50 a week is too much for him.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

on OS now:
http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 46,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The gulls are going up
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Walsall fans very much happy to see him go. Mind you - Rovers thought the same about Howe and he has done really well for us. Let's give him every chance - In Ling we Trust!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

That's it, Ling's done well with him before he's 25 so not over the hill sometimes new surroundings mean better prospects and vice versa. He ticks the boxes for the sort of player i felt we needed, someone that is comfortable out wide as a front 3 but also capable through the middle as a 2.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Pretty happy with this signing aswell. Provides another option and deserves a chance. As others have said a change of scenery and playing under someone he knows well and performed under perform might help him settle in quicker and prove the Walsall fans wrong.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Lets hope Ryan turns out to be a good signing and a good option up front. Walsall fans don't seem to rate him, but maybe Ling can get the best out of him like he has done with Saah, Lathrope etc.

Good Luck Jarvis! :-D
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I've just had a look on the Walsall fans site and they do not rate Ryan Jarvis at all. Some seem to think he was on as much as 70k a year. :O We won't be paying him anything even remotely near that kind of figure.

I'm hoping an old favourite poster called "sadlad" will come on here and give his viewpoint on RJ and what he can bring to our party for the remainder of the season.

Anyway, new club, new surroundings, a manager RJ has worked with before and he is another striker that will give us options.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is, if Walsall fan's were happy with Ryan Jarvis it would have meant he was playing well and scoring goals for them, and would not be on his way to us, no club loan's a player out at this stage of the season unless they are looking to get rid.

Sounds like this lad may need a bit of work, however Lingy has shown us already he can get the best out of players, and its up to Ryan to show his worth, if the two marry up, we could be on to a decent signing here, time will tell.

Wellcome to the club Ryan.
Last edited by Dave on 01 Mar 2012, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trojan 67 wrote:I've just had a look on the Walsall fans site and they do not rate Ryan Jarvis at all. Some seem to think he was on as much as 70k a year. :O We won't be paying him anything even remotely near that kind of figure.

I'm hoping an old favourite poster called "sadlad" will come on here and give his viewpoint on RJ and what he can bring to our party for the remainder of the season.

Anyway, new club, new surroundings, a manager RJ has worked with before and he is another striker that will give us options.
If I my maths are correct thats around £1500 a week, I would not say that was far out for a league 1 player, some league 2 clubs are paying £2000 a week, some of our highest earners would not be far off £60k a year, maybe more.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Mansell is on around 70k so would not be surprised if this was the case.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67 wrote:
We won't be paying him anything even remotely near that kind of figure.

Simply because, for now, we'll only be paying a portion of his wages. :nod: ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trojan 67 wrote:
Simply because, for now, we'll only be paying a portion of his wages. :nod: ;-)
I believe thats what you meant, 1000's wouldn't.... :)