Dagenham and Redbridge v Torquay United FL2 27/08/2011

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Both of your home results and supposedly being played off the park by Aldershot and Crawley.It may be that Crawley are a class apart but I was really asking if you thought that you were going to be a better side away than home ie when you are not expected to do the most of the attacking but play on the break or whether you felt your excellent performance at the Mem was a one off. It will be interesting in the next few weeks to see how we both do. My feeling is that we will lose at Crawley although to be honest I am not totally convinced that their squad is that good but we shall see. I think a win for you tomorrow will see you back in the top 7. I dont expect Dagenham to stay anywhere near where they are at present but John Still is a wily Manager (He was assistant Manager at Rovers a few years back) and he seems very good at picking up good non league players.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Their squad is every bit that good. They will win the League, as predicted by many including myself. There is no shame in losing to them - although our performance level was nowhere near the desired level.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

friendlygas wrote:Do you feel that you will be a team who do better on the road than at home or do you feel that in the game against us you were better than you really are due to the circumstances of it? I really felt against us that you looked a useful side but your other results do not really seem to indicate this. I think you will get a 2-1 win tomorrow with the same two scoring as scored against us. We are at home to hereford but I wouldnt like to predict the result.We were outstanding on Tuesday night in the cup and I still feel the 0-0 draw at Macclesfield might be a better result than we thought at the time. We really need to win tomorrow as we then have four away games on the trot Leyton orient in the Carling,Crawley away in the League,Wycombe Away in the JPT and Bradford away in the league. Certainly some tough assignments coming up!
our best win last season was at Dagenham 3-0 (in fact it was one of very few wins!!) That day we all felt that Dagenham would go down but little did we think we would too.
Best of luck tomorrow.
P.B. could well be managing the oposition by then!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Don't think so mate. i think PB will be here for a long haul. i really think unless a Championship team came in for him then he will stay here. I know we like you are League 2 and deserve to be here but he has been well received here and can honestly say that having made 16 signings (another signing today,Danny Woodard) he has not made one bad signing. some strange substitutions at times but that is pretty standard with Managers. I met him at the Open day and thought he was a nice bloke but his confidence and ambition shone through. If anyone can take us up this season or next then Paul buckle is the man. We were down at our lowest Ebb last season and the Buckle Revolution is like a breath of fresh air.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If you think he's a "nice bloke" then be prepared to change your opinion as you get to know him better :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

As you know Dave its all about opinions and you lot have had a lot greater time to form your opinions of him. Many Gasheads thought Paul trollope was a "Nice Bloke" but i never thought that and always thought of him as a hard man and one who would not take favourably to other opinions. I can only say how he came across to me,he took the time to speak and seemed genuine.Certainly he must have some good points as other players have come to Rovers on the basis of being with him before. Matt Gill,Craig stanley,Scott Bevan,Chris Zebroski,Danny Woodards, Mustapha Carayol. He has also persuaded players to sign for us who Trollope would never have been able to get in a million years ie Virgo, Harrold,McGleish,Anyinsah. No doubt over time my opinion may change but thats how it goes in football. If Paul trollope had come to Torquay you may have thought he was a nice bloke.lol
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

ferrarilover wrote:Well, thank's Bigman, for making my job this evening much harder, by taking up all the stuff I was going to use!

Seriously though, thanks for that, hope you don't mind if I bastardise your post for my OP later tonight.

Matt.
Sorry Matt, I was just bored at work and wanted to find some info so thought having found it I might as well share it. If I ever do the same again feel free to bastardise away.
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Is anyone else really bored of the Rovers input on here? Even from the more sensible posters? Forgive me impatience for it, but I kind of want a match day thread about TUFC V Daggers to not mention that little weasel's name....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm probably as much to blame as any of them, Rob and to be fair to friendlygas he's always been very polite, your opinion is noted though.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by robc »

My hungover, not had any breakfast yet, need some paracetamol bad mood might be colouring my outlook, but I just don't particularly care what Rovers fans think about our start to the season. However I do admit that friendlygas has been nothing but courteous throughout his involvement. I'm just unashamedly grumpy, and he's getting the brunt of it...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Just getting set to head down, nice local game for me (in fact, the most local I think).

Not sure what to expect from today. The Dagenham side doesn't look that impressive on paper, but you can't argue with the job that John Still has done and they did look an impressive outfit a couple of years ago. Whatever, the side that played at Aldershot cannot turn up today, we must do better.

Lets hope that the site doesn't crash mid-match report today!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

robc wrote:Is anyone else really bored of the Rovers input on here? Even from the more sensible posters? Forgive me impatience for it, but I kind of want a match day thread about TUFC V Daggers to not mention that little weasel's name....

totally agree. it was to be expected prior and immediately after the rovers v gulls game but two weeks after the game we are still getting rovers fans on here all the time. I and the sites moderators and other members welcome guests on here to have their opinion but its a torquay united forum at the end of the day. Friendlygas and one or two others have been valuable contributors and i thank them, the rest have just come on here with bile and need flogging with a kettle flex! Time is time and the Buckle thing has been done to death so maybe lets get this thread back on track by talking about our (TORQUAY UNITED) game today at Daggers. :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

TUFC starting line-up: Olejnik, Robertson' Ellis, Saah, Nicholson, Stevens, Mansell, O'Kane, Morris, Atieno, Howe

TUFC subs: Rowe-Turner, Oastler, Lathrope, McPhee, Bodin

Grrr, don't like Robbo being at right back, doesn't deserve to be dropped from centre half.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

JamieE wrote: Grrr, don't like Robbo being at right back, doesn't deserve to be dropped from centre half.
Agreed. And if we were going to change either of the full-backs, I'd have brought LRT in for Nicholson. Nicho's distribution and set pieces so far this season have been dreadful. I hope he puts in a performance like at Rovers (where defensively he was excellent), rather than what he produced last week or in his worst ever display for TUFC at Dagenham in 2009.

Macklin must be dreadful in training. It's the only explanation after the pre-season he had for him to be persistently omitted from the squad of 16.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Is anyone able to get on Player yet? I'm getting Tony Blackburn :B

edit: can get every other league club I've tried, just can't get D&R or us