Jake Robinson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Who knows, perhaps the new manager will sign him and play him somewhere other than left-wing? What with him not having a left-foot an' all...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Fonda wrote:Who knows, perhaps the new manager will sign him and play him somewhere other than left-wing? What with him not having a left-foot an' all...

It has been so lond since we have had a left footer on the left wing - one thing I def will not miss about Buckle!

I really hope we sign Jake up if possible - he has real talent for this division.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I would sooner have Jake than not, but we must play him (If we get him) in the correct position. That goes for all players. How we can put Billy on as a winger, is beyond me
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Just a bye the bye. I notice that Jake has re-tweeted (Today) a League 2 rumours thread that says "Various clubs in league 1 and 2 seem to be tracking the in form front man Jake Robinson"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

diamondgirl wrote:Just a bye the bye. I notice that Jake has re-tweeted (Today) a League 2 rumours thread that says "Various clubs in league 1 and 2 seem to be tracking the in form front man Jake Robinson"

He is off elsewhere then!

Stanley is the key one for us but would have liked Jake also.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Well who knows Rich. It does say "Tracking" so it might just be that. If we want him, and get to him first, then who knows. I will say though, that last Thursday I was up at the club shop and one of our players (Won't say who) was there. My husband and I spent an hour and a half talking to him, about various things. One subject was Jake. The player told us that he (Jake) would not stay at TUFC as there had been intrest from "Loads of clubs" including league 1 outfits.

Much as I would love to keep him, I think it would be, as you say, key for us to sign Craig. Having spoken to him a few times, he made all of the right noises, but that was before Bucks left. So, again, who knows.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Come on Robinson is nothing special at all - sounds like he is a legend in his own mind. he is decent enough but really only stands out for about five minutes of any ninety. Shall not be crying over this one.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

brucie wrote:Come on brucie is nothing special at all - sounds like he is a legend in his own mind.
edited to be more factual
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not too fussed about Robinson. Started off like a house on fire, but as Shrews' fans said, he seems to fade out of form easily and fairly quickly.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So you would all sooner dump Billy Kee as well then?

Players being played out of position will rarely if ever show their best form. You could argue that Robinson did brilliantly for a right-footer playing on the left, you could argue that being taken off by Buckle in every game was hitting his confidence, another flaw of Buckles, I was at games where Jake was playing some fantastic football and then hauled off. He'd be one I'd have here for sure.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Fletch wrote: I take it you didnt bother checking the Shrews or Brighton sites when he came here on loan? He's a winger that also gets used in the hole behind a lone striker. He's not an out and out striker...
Fair enough, but still, the one game i saw him play as an out and out striker was hereford at home, and he managed to score. He's got the attributes to play upfront, I'm not convinced he's a left winger.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I don't think anyone's convinced he's a left winger, except Bucks i guess!!! We'll soon see if Buckle was happy with him, or indeed if Jake thinks he's best utilised wide left!!!
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

He will not be offered a contract at Shrews. He found out by reading it on the club website (no phone call or text from their manager), so he isn't happy at all.

I wonder who will make an approach for him now? I can't see a league 1 club wanting him, so maybe he will end up back here?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

loyalgull wrote:He will not be offered a contract at Shrews. He found out by reading it on the club website (no phone call or text from their manager), so he isn't happy at all.

I wonder who will make an approach for him now? I can't see a league 1 club wanting him, so maybe he will end up back here?
Theres good man management for you...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I think a Robinson and Kee front line would be tremendous next season. I'm convinced Billy is going to be a really good player.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.