New Kit New Sponsor !

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

I agree with most, the home kit is probably the worst I've seen. Away kit not too bad though.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

DevonBee wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 08:40 SSN reporting on something that happened at Croydon yesterday… guess u missed it 🤣
Have u an opinion on the kits ?
Have the club offered u the McGavin sponsorship again ?🤣
A famous premier league player and a Glastonbury headliner buying their local club is hardly the same as "Hot news from the National League South - a guy has agreed to play for £300 a week!" though, is it?

As much as I would like to see more player news from the club, the fact is that we're already at 15 or 16 players, which (whatever you think of the actual players) is miles better than has been the case in the past few seasons. I think pre-season training starts tomorrow, so I'd expect to see a bit more player news floating about. Maybe a signing that we've not announced yet because the contract won't get signed until he shows up. That sort of thing.

Also - firmly against supporters voting for a shirt - all that ensures is that the 49% (or more depending on how many choices there are) that voted for a different option are unhappy.
I could maybe be ok with it for a third shirt.

Anyway. I don't care that much about the shirts if we get 100 points. It is interesting that a few highish profile (in the kit space) accounts on twitter have spoken about how much the love the away shirt, mind.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Last time we were in the NLS people moaned because the trim on the shirt was black instead of blue. That was soon forgotten once we hit a winning streak. Like Happy days I'm more concerned about the results.
BTW Johnson has announced that trialists have been identified for our friendlies (most of which are behind closed doors).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

71 % Voting 'not impressed' on Torquay Talk yesterday, and only 15 % voting they'll buy the home kit on today's poll, tieing in pretty much with the comments, I would say there was nothing divisive about this kit at all, would say the reaction was pretty unanimous.

By the sounds of it not many will buy it, so at least it's cost of living compliant.

Personally thought it was an April fools joke, until I remembered it wasn't April, smacks of the kit designers apprentice being a bit busy, so it got handed to year 9 at the local school for class project, it's awful.

Instead of waiting until the last minute to unveil thier big secret design, unleashing this vomit inducing shirt, judging by comments from fans of other clubs turning us into a right laughing stock.

What about the club releasing a proposed kit design and asking fans for their feedback, strangely novel idea, after all, whilst the universal hate for this kit design will soon be forgotten of course, but the real point here is.

It's about the club having a healthy relationship with it's fans, something long since forgotten at TUFC.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Not a fan at first glance but want to see it in real life. Strange design and sponsor/wording not bold enough. Is the college logo just there to make sure we have something on the front rather than a real sponsor. Like everyone else, I don't think it will matter when it all gets going again. Like the blue kit though.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its just a shirt - who cares - thats hardly going to make us a laughing stock - getting beaten by Truro and Taunton would though, get over it.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

A deserved kit for a deserved league. Who knows if we can replicate a Championship winning Season like the one last time we were in this league we may get another stunning kit like the special edition 1899 anniversary shirt.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Our club has the opportunity to generate some income and the home kit design fails miserably in most people’s opinions.
Another massive own goal from our club.
However what amazes me is that there is more outcry on the shirt design than when the club announced that Johnson was at the helm again after getting us relegated 🤔
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

And hes back!!
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

I have a feeling this will be popular in the global market, looking at some the pages like Copa 90 and a few if the big football kit accounts, a LOT of people like the kits, I myself am not a fan of the home kit but the away one is starting to sway me
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

The home kit would suit an 8-year old boy. Away kit is more palatable.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

As for an ovewhelming poll suggesting that we do not like the new strip , I seem to remember a similar poll last season indicating Johnson should go until it was re platformed and it came out evens, as for a global market, its torquay not some champions league winners , I do not believe the post office will have to take on extra staff to deal with foreign deleiveries of our new kit.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

culmstockgull wrote: 29 Jun 2023, 13:56 As for an ovewhelming poll suggesting that we do not like the new strip , I seem to remember a similar poll last season indicating Johnson should go until it was re platformed and it came out evens, as for a global market, its torquay not some champions league winners , I do not believe the post office will have to take on extra staff to deal with foreign deleiveries of our new kit.
I'm not saying it will be sold out, I'm saying it is getting recognition from a lot of fan sites from around the world
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

As for the kit….blame Johnson
Marquis dross…blame Johnson
Brexit ….blame Johnson
The reason we are in the 6th tier…blame Johnson
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

As its s Puma kit I'd have kept it simple and reworked a recent Dortmund kit in yellow and blue and alternative colours for the away and 3rd kits.