Anyone else missing Carayol yet?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Appreciate he wasn't happy down here and understand his decision to move on, but coming from Lincoln I just can't understand his move up there - there's bugger all up there.

Did enjoy Zebs giving him the boot back in August though
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Fletch wrote: He didnt slip through the net. He was offered a significant increase in pay but chose to leave.
Im sure he finds the locals more impressed by him up in Lincoln ;-)

After all, some of them still stop and point when they see a car :lol:
When I say slip through the net I suppose what I mean is that I rue the wasted potential.

As a selling club on the rare occasions that we have a quality player on the books we need to nurture that talent to get the best out of it in the short term and then extract a decent price for it when said player moves on to a higher level.

All that happened with Muzzy is that he moved sideways for a fee that did not reflect his true potential. That potential was, after all, never fully realised at TUFC. We just saw a glimpse of it on the run in at the end of last season.

We do not have that many quality players through the books. Mark Ellis is the only current player that would fall in the same category. O Kane and Benyon might enter that list given time, and who knows the likes of Macklin and Kee could surprise some of us yet.

There seem to be strong suggestions that the C Lee payoff will impact on the playing budget. It would be nice to think that such regrettable and unfortunate (or is that irresponsible?) one off costs could be covered by incoming transfer fees.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yellow wrote: When I say slip through the net I suppose what I mean is that I rue the wasted potential.

As a selling club on the rare occasions that we have a quality player on the books we need to nurture that talent to get the best out of it in the short term and then extract a decent price for it when said player moves on to a higher level.

All that happened with Muzzy is that he moved sideways for a fee that did not reflect his true potential. That potential was, after all, never fully realised at TUFC. We just saw a glimpse of it on the run in at the end of last season.

We do not have that many quality players through the books. Mark Ellis is the only current player that would fall in the same category. O Kane and Benyon might enter that list given time, and who knows the likes of Macklin and Kee could surprise some of us yet.

There seem to be strong suggestions that the C Lee payoff will impact on the playing budget. It would be nice to think that such regrettable and unfortunate (or is that irresponsible?) one off costs could be covered by incoming transfer fees.
come on yellow me old mate, admit it, nobodys missing him.
yes he did play well towards the end of the season - that goal at grimsby was class.
but he didnt want to be here, for whatever reason.
and yes he maybe a better winger than the rest put together, but they all give 100% for TUFC.
he didnt.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

yellow wrote: When I say slip through the net I suppose what I mean is that I rue the wasted potential.
Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that he's hardly setting the pitch on fire at Lincoln. Asked a former workmate for his opinion (cheers KB :) )....I wont use the language being as under 18s frequent the board but disinterested and going missing during games figured prominently....
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

RussianGull wrote:Appreciate he wasn't happy down here and understand his decision to move on, but coming from Lincoln I just can't understand his move up there - there's bugger all up there.

Did enjoy Zebs giving him the boot back in August though
How long ago was that comrade??
I was there mid 90's just as the new uni was opening and it was a pretty good night out in town with plenty of eye candy......
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Here here - lets face it he is a better winger than O'Kane.Macklin and Stevens put together.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

He simply joins the long list of players in the last few successful seasons to ply their trade lower down the pyramid, who brucie thinks are world beaters. Albeit not much lower in this case.

If talking about missing someone, I expect most will rightly miss Sills and Hargreaves. They bloody well battled for us. Carayol and Green can p*ss off and grow up every day of the week.

I am totally with yellow when it comes to wanting to see potential fulfilled. Something which so frustrated many including me, about Brucie's much less recent love interest, Bedeau.

It would be nice if some would not take the opportunity to unfairly deride those presently with undoubted potential, such as O'Kane and Kee, at every opportunity, though.

I appreciate that is unlikely. ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This constant harping on about carayol as if he is some kind of tufc all time legend,is becoming boring now,lets face it he played 8 good games for us,rest of the time he was a waste of space..hardly qualifies him for tufc saint hood.

There are people who read/post on both boards that know the real reason why carayol left,which they know was nothing to do with buckle.lack of first team games,or tufc,can i suggest that one these people feel free to post the real reason why muzzy left below,so we can once and for all,put this whole carayol thing to bed and move..please.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

forevertufc wrote:This constant harping on about carayol as if he is some kind of tufc all time legend,is becoming boring now,lets face it he played 8 good games for us,rest of the time he was a waste of space..hardly qualifies him for tufc saint hood.

There are people who read/post on both boards that know the real reason why carayol left,which they know was nothing to do with buckle.lack of first team games,or tufc,can i suggest that one these people feel free to post the real reason why muzzy left below,so we can once and for all,put this whole carayol thing to bed and move..please.
Sounds to me as though you know 'the real reason' too Dave? Perhaps you could enlighten those of us still in the dark?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We've missed him certainly. He's that player that can do something on his own and there aren't many of those in the league. I said at the time he's made a horrendous error going there and I wonder what he thinks about it now. The lincoln fans on here in the summer harping on about them being a top side this year, i didn't think so then and nothing has shown me different. By all accounts he's been very hit and miss up there but again that's what you get with Muzzy. he's got talent and from a playing side yeah we miss him but there's not much we can do about it, nor was there much we could do in the summer. The sheer fact he signed for Lincoln says to me he didn't get the interest he thought he would and also he was leaving to wherever he could go.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote: Sounds to me as though you know 'the real reason' too Dave? Perhaps you could enlighten those of us still in the dark?
Sorry shane,iam afraid,i do not know if i did i would reveal it,there is atleast 2 posters who do know,and i was trying to prod some one into revealing the reason,reading between the lines i do not think carayol will be looking forward to his visit to the bay with lincoln,and do not mean the reception for any tufc fan.
luke97
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: kevin hill

Post by luke97 »

When he wanted to be he could turm it on, fact is he didn't want to be here for whatever reason, and since he left he hasn't given much of an impression that he wants to be at Lincoln either. Maybe he is just 'one of those players'?
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

forevertufc wrote:This constant harping on about carayol as if he is some kind of tufc all time legend,is becoming boring now,lets face it he played 8 good games for us,rest of the time he was a waste of space..hardly qualifies him for tufc saint hood.

You miss the point Forza.

He is neither a saint nor a legend.

He is IMHO a tale of wasted potential for this club. I shall continue to mourn his passing until I see a suitable replacement. :(

It is a question of closure which is perhaps denied to those of us mere mortals who are not in the know as to why he departed sideways...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have not missed the point at all yellow,i am only to well aware of the potential of Carayol,however this is not a Paul Buckle,Tufc failure alone .

Paul Ince could not extract his talent at m.k dons,and Chris Sutton shelled out 35k for him,and is now out of work ,not saying Carayol was the sole reason but it seems that not all imps fans are that impressed with Muzzy either.

the failure is down to Carayol himself,who can not seem to get his head around what it takes to become sucsessful in pro football,and i think the word replacment for muzzy is incorrect,as he was hardly a long term first team player with us,again which was his own fault.