Attendance against Eastbourne?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Myself, like Wokingham Gull, have tickets for the Chippenham and St Albans games and although I'd normally make the trip down to Plainmoor on the last home game of the season, I can justify splashing out a little extra (much to the ball n' chain's disgust) on the Eastbourne game as I feel it could well be the one where we secure the title and have, therefore, secured tickets for the Popside, so you can add 2 that normally wouldn't be there for this game.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

What is the view like from the 'away end' at PLAINMOOR ? Having not been in there since the days of Mike Green, is it any good ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You don't go in there for the view but it's fine.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Could be 2 close to sells outs ?? Anyone ever known this maybe Preston playoff was it withou the pop side??

https://www.torquayunited.com/tickets-s ... e-matches/
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I remember back in the 90s turning up for a final match of the season against Northampton and being turned away from all areas of the ground. I think we lost and therefore missed out on promotion/playoffs.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

4000 at the most I'd say. Next to no away fans so can't see it being any higher than that with the away game at Chippenham coming up.
Dave

torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Around 3,800 tickets have been sold,and you'd expect at least another 3-5 hundred to pay at the gate.
madmike
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: connor lemonheigh ev

Post by madmike »

Coming down from Swansea on the bike.Looking forward to watching Torquay COME ON THE GULLS :bow:
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

With our official capacity at 7500 it would seem hard to work our how you fit another 3000 in on games when we have had 4000 attendances. I am sure there is some ‘clever’ accountncy involved...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

torregull wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 08:53 Around 3,800 tickets have been sold,and you'd expect at least another 3-5 hundred to pay at the gate.
I'd be delighted to be way off 😉
Dave

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I hope to be coming down on Saturday, maybe even bringing 2 Eastbourne supporters with me!
Wokingham Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Rosenior

Post by Wokingham Gull »

So, if our ground capacity is 7500, and we have given 200 seats to Away fans, then the following from our website gives the impression only 2200 tickets left, and so we have sold over 5000 so far? Seems to me, we must be working to a smaller capacity than 7500. But still looks like a very big crowd will be there on Saturday. Does anyone know actual max capacities in each of the 4 stands?

"For Saturday’s match against Eastbourne, there are only around 320 seats left in Bristow’s Bench, with Blocks D, E and F all sold out. There are also around 300 seats left in The Sunday Independent Family Stand.

Although there are still just under 1,100 tickets in the Thatchers Popside, and 480 in the Riviera Storage Terrace, tickets are also selling very quickly"
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Wokingham Gull wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 11:46 So, if our ground capacity is 7500, and we have given 200 seats to Away fans, then the following from our website gives the impression only 2200 tickets left, and so we have sold over 5000 so far? Seems to me, we must be working to a smaller capacity than 7500. But still looks like a very big crowd will be there on Saturday. Does anyone know actual max capacities in each of the 4 stands?

"For Saturday’s match against Eastbourne, there are only around 320 seats left in Bristow’s Bench, with Blocks D, E and F all sold out. There are also around 300 seats left in The Sunday Independent Family Stand.

Although there are still just under 1,100 tickets in the Thatchers Popside, and 480 in the Riviera Storage Terrace, tickets are also selling very quickly"
I think it's actually 6,500. Will be great to see Plainmoor packed out tomorrow. Won't necessarily be a full house but I wouldn't be surprised if it tops 5,000+
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Your right capacity is 6500 I got incorrect figure from Wikipedia
Wokingham Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Rosenior

Post by Wokingham Gull »

So Based on 6500, our current ticket sales would be 6500 - 2200 (unsold) - 200 (away fans) = 4100 sold to date. With some ticket sales today, a few away fans, and supporters paying on the day, could that be a further 1000, getting us to 5100 plus? Seems very possible. What a boost for TUFC to have a 5000 pus crowd for a league game, or even 2 league games.

Any Statos out there that know the last 5000 plus crowd at plainmoor for a league game?