A plea to TUFC fans at Woking on Saturday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lets not start apologising for everything before the match has started.

Cant stand all this hand wringing. I see there was one Torquay fan at it again on the Chelmsford forum saying we weren't going to win because Janneh wasn't playing. Don't understand the mentality of some people.

Unfortunately in a group of 1400 away support you are going to get a small minority intent on causing trouble - but this would be the same for any team. We are champions elect so lets enjoy that - we really don't need to worry about anything else.

Its up to the home team to steward the game accordingly and deal with any troublemakers firmly and efficiently.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Some people need to be realistic. It's small fry when compared to the many other sets of followers the police will be dealing with. I know the company that supplies Woking having had them work for me at Reading. They will be understaffed and have little in the way of Intel so it'll be up to the away fans to behave themselves in the face of expected goading and provocation from the home fans. Woking have their own element who are more than capable of sorting out the kids from Torquay. Almost guaranteed to be some kind of flare up somewhere with that number of fans travelling.

Focus on the game and let the security deal with it. It's hard to tell the difference between a hooligan and someone slapping him for being one.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well put Bristolian

I went across and challenged the idiots at Bath but I have to be blunt, I saw nobody else doing so. As a result I felt exposed and vulnerable so it does demand a big act of faith from people who may not wish to put their heads above the parapet. I'll be sitting down tomorrow and doubt that any idiots would want to be in that section so I can only hope the there is no repeat of the thuggery because that is what it was.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 11:13 Focus on the game and let the security deal with it. It's hard to tell the difference between a hooligan and someone slapping him for being one.
Good advice.
TUST number 080
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Torquay policemen were at Billericay. Incidentally who is the chap with the aluminium crutches who goes with the chanting fans and waves his crutches around all the time. With such a big crowd he has to be careful.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No idea but he's a drunken fool
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 15:18 No idea but he's a drunken fool
Pissed up on crutches lol
I struggle with functioning limbs 😂
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

samuel wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 15:16 Torquay policemen were at Billericay. Incidentally who is the chap with the aluminium crutches who goes with the chanting fans and waves his crutches around all the time. With such a big crowd he has to be careful.
And a local plod or two. Not needed there but definitely should be at Woking - as I'm sure they will - and in the ground not outside like at Bath.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Unfortunately you can sense the trouble that will happen sitting at home in TQ

The 'special' travelling contingent we seem to have will be on fine form with flares and god knows what else

A shame it detracts from the vast majority who are interested in watching football not intent on causing trouble, a person who's actions could at worse cost TUFC points on the board is certainly no fan!

Fingers crossed for no major issues, 3 points and a party V Eastbourne
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The thing is, these pleas are all very noble and agree with the sentiment but a total waste of time. Whilst our younger more excitable stone island wearing supporters are not allowed to travel on the official supporters club coach's, I'm reliably informed they've hired their own coach and will be there in good numbers tomorrow.

Woking have a few of their own troublesome fans, so the only thing that would shock me, is if something doesn't happen (hopefully so) so keep your wits about you, and if you sense it, steer well clear.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Lloyder5 wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 13:19 Good advice.
Agree.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Pretty sure that one of the cretins that was causing trouble came on here to defend them all, and it was revealed by him that one of the pricks was a serving police officer,

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I was told on good authority that some causing trouble at Bath weren't Torquay fans. Supporters of another club in that area.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

forevertufc wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 17:17 The thing is, these pleas are all very noble and agree with the sentiment but a total waste of time. Whilst our younger more excitable stone island wearing supporters are not allowed to travel on the official supporters club coach's, I'm reliably informed they've hired their own coach and will be there in good numbers tomorrow.

Woking have a few of their own troublesome fans, so the only thing that would shock me, is if something doesn't happen (hopefully so) so keep your wits about you, and if you sense it, steer well clear.
I've heard this too. Hope we're both wrong but I fear that there may well be some trouble - especially if we were to lose. My son was at Bath and WSM and was embarrassed at what happened there.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The problem is how many of these idiots actually got arrested at Bath, WSM or wherever - probably none.

If they have hired a coach then surely even with all the cuts its not beyond police intelligence to identify the bloody thing and stop and search it before it gets anywhere near Woking.

Its hardly rocket science but someone needs to get proactive - not give these cretins free range to do what they like.