Winchester City- sore losers?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Davo8
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Davo8 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 16:46 For sure. Always look out for your results as I remember the days when City were one of the leading clubs in the area so it's nice to see you back in the Southern League.

For the record, we've had that treatment a few times ourselves so I totally get your frustration with the officials. Hopefully the Club and fans showed you the respect you deserve.

I won’t keep popping up on here I am glad to put record straight. Absolutely the club and fans were class throughout. Thanks again
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Rjc70 wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 16:51 Top man for coming on here and putting the record straight. Good luck with the rest of your season.
Totally agree.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

It looks as if I completely misread their management team rants during the match and, as a consequence, my comments in the match thread were out of order. I unreservedly apologise to them.
Davo8
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Davo8 »

gateman49 wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 21:11 It looks as if I completely misread their management team rants during the match and, as a consequence, my comments in the match thread were out of order. I unreservedly apologise to them.
No offence taken... rather be a thin Steve Evans than a fat one... haha

Great result yesterday by the way, great to see.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What impressed me about Winchester, was the fantastic relationship there seems to be between, the management, players and fans, great to see.
Formerly known as forevertufc
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I think I know how the confusion happened. The Winchester city staff have a twitter account where they showed the Torquay United autographed ball and the newly signed Winchester ball as mentioned by their manager Davo on October 20th with #ebay. They then retweeted a supporter's tweet
" WinchStaff Retweeted

wing @swingnut8
Oct 20
More
Replying to @WCFC_Staff
Volley out the coach door on the way home 👌🏻"

and the Winchester staff account replied "Tell me about it mate! 👌🏻"

In retrospect, just a bit of banter but somehow through a misunderstanding the excellent podcast National Obsession were quite upset by it.
Lets move on!