Torquay v AFC Fylde 11/04 (was pp on 3/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 21:44 Failure upon failure

Are we keeping this clown like we kept nicholson last season or shall we actually start afresh now and build something for next season
Agreed rubbish and been rubbish all season, Manager change made no difference. Lets really try and build something next season, Get a team together and when ready! come back stronger and ready to get promoted back in the league and stay there.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Not just that but would put to bed any nicho v owers discussion

New league = fresh start

Piss poor end to the league campaign so let's not learn from our mistakes

Mind you osborne and owers share a coupon with the postcode lottery so doubt it
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Release all the players whose contract expires at end of season and transfer list all those players under contract for next season. New players needed without a losing mentality.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I could cry - seriously. Supported the club since I was a teenager having moved down from Manchester when my Dad got a job in South Devon in 1972. Watched pretty much every home game for 10 years until I moved away. How has it come to this? Abject failure, the club is run by incompetent people (office and ground staff excepted) and has been for at least 5 years. The only bright spot tonight is Man C being knocked out of the Champions League by Liverpool (my 2nd club is Man U!).
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I should qualify 'office staff' - I mean the people who do the day to day finance and paperwork, NOT the general manager!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I would think there must a release cause for relegation for the 2 year contract lads

If I'm honest Davis and romain could stroll into any national league southern team by a country mile

The rest ----- ditch
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

A measure of Torquay's fall and Fylde’s rise is marked by the gap of six divisions that separated the clubs in 2000 – back when Torquay narrowly keep their league status by beating Barnet in the final game of the season and Fylde (then known as Kirkham and Wesham) who won the West Lancashire League but did not have the financial means to seek promotion into the North West Counties.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

The biggest surprise for me was how many still clapped them off! Unbelievable.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Our team have been in the bottom virtually the entire season, from September to Christmas, from February, to today, we've said the same things time and time again.

Plenty of huff and puff, no quality, getting the basics wrong time and time again, defensive errors, not taking chances. Tonight we've created as many chances as Flyde, which wasn't many on a heavy pitch in poor conditions to be fair, difference they've stuck 3 of theirs away, the thing that really grinds my gears, it's bad enough conceding 1 goal from a completely unchallenged free header, but 2 free headers in the same game, school boys could do better, and just rub it in, it was the same lad who scored both, truly pathetic defending.

Our relegation will likely to be officially confirmed at the weekend, we completely deserve it, going down on merit.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I am not even angry anymore, I’m so use to this. Role on next season.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

dennisk wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:09 Get your Sat Nav ready.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/clu ... n_id=35405
I doubt if I will go to home matches never mind away! Just how much do they expect us to pay £20? No chance. £5 would be about right! So it’s terminal! Never ending downward spiral!
GullPete

Post by GullPete »

:goodpost:
Minneapolisgull wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 21:51 Agreed rubbish and been rubbish all season, Manager change made no difference. Lets really try and build something next season, Get a team together and when ready! come back stronger and ready to get promoted back in the league and stay there.
Agreed :goodpost:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 21:58 Not just that but would put to bed any nicho v owers discussion
Absolutely agree - get rid of Owers = debate over.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I hate football.